It's now March; where is our promised community update?

• Thread starter soap_hand
  • 2,036 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo, this is it, this is the week that was hinted at by Jordan. I cannot wait to see what happens!! We need a countdown to Friday!! :D This is going to be very entertaining not matter what happens! I know I shouldn't but I've really got my fingers crossed for some sort of awesome update.

Me!!.. since is my birthday I expect something also from PD.. :grumpy:
Well, happy birthday...you should get a car. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that update though, you might not see your next birthday.

I mean, yes they are late and yes its march already, but honestly, why don't you just play the game?

Why force myself to play something that no longer brings me joy and entertainment?

You think community support and communication with PD is bad? Think again. Forza 3 was a disaster, no communication with the dev whatsoever, sim aspects of the last game before were missing, no public online lobbies, just hoppers, etc... and no response, no updates.

Then t10 turned it all around completely within a couple of years and PD went backwards from gt5 to gt6 in terms of online and community.

Last edited:
Man. I thought making replicas was going to be great for me, but nope. The parts in GT6 freakin sucks, it not even worth it. So I attempted to do seasonal events, got bored with a flick of a finger. Yeah, PD needs to release new features because GT6 (as I said before) is featureless...

If GT7 ends up like this, I'm not buying it (will be reading reviews first).

I'm not entirely sure you're aware of what you're suggesting.

We could very well make an "announcement" of sorts on the news page - but to what end? We don't know what it's going to contain, when it's coming, or anything remotely useful that constitutes news. Sure, this was said and that was said, but nothing is final until the very last moment, and I mean that quite literally. At this juncture it'd be nothing but a rumor column and that's not what the news page is for.

When there's something to report you can rest assured you'll see it on the news page, but until then, we're along for the ride just like everyone else.

For the most part. :P
I was just thinking for a moment as to why, as similar instances such as the run-in at Bathurst or other instances which were not confirmed, nor denied have had their own stories.

Other than stirring up three more pages of this thread, I can see why as to leave it quiet. But it was just a quiet thought I had...

Why do I continue to hype myself up so much? :lol:

I get easily excited and delusional.. here I am again hoping and waiting for an update today/tomorrow. Something about PD and GT that keeps pulling me back in. Sorcery? :drool:

Man. I thought making replicas was going to be great for me, but nope. The parts in GT6 freakin sucks, it not even worth it. So I attempted to do seasonal events, got bored with a flick of a finger. Yeah, PD needs to release new features because GT6 (as I said before) is featureless...

Ok fun's over. Give the computer back to Toko you imposter!!:lol:

But but but, it's really me, Toko. :D :lol:

Seems like both Toko and Ameer have had their ps3s hacked by evil impostors :lol: Things must really be getting desperate...

On an on-topic note, when does Geneva show open this week? I wonder if BMW will do a presentation like Toyota did with the FT-1 release at Detroit with the GT6 vid.

Ah, I know why we haven't heard anything from PD. the whole team are hiding inside the BMW M135i waiting to jump out at the unveiling at Geneva like Erika Eleniak in Under Siege. :sly:

On an on-topic note, when does Geneva show open this week? I wonder if BMW will do a presentation like Toyota did with the FT-1 release at Detroit with the GT6 vid.

The Geneva Show opens on the 6th. (to the public)

Last edited:
How are those promised monthly updates doing ???
Bingo. It's truly silly how many promises they made before launch as PR purposes.

PD seem to think in the now. Let us take six months to make a car perfectly. In turn this means a very small car count.

Let us promise monthly content to get the hype up! Of course when they don't deliver then GT7 potential sales start to fall. This all just smells of bad management.

I just hope that the single PD employee who got in big trouble with Kaz and was sent to the doghouse known as 'GTPlanet Monitor' is astute enough to realize that when TokoTurismo is calling foul.... fire alarms need to be pulled.

I mean, with how quiet PD have been, have they been burning the candle at both ends?
This is something I'm pondering as well. If SONY has pushed PD to shift most effort to GT7/Prologue, they really should have just made GT6 for the freaking PS4, like many of us wanted in the first place. Now we have a better than GT5 but less than it could be GT6, ostensibly to keep from threatening the sales of Drive Club, P CARS and whatever else is in the pipeline. So now, everything's delayed, and SONY may have told these developers, "You're on your own, slowpokes."

I love the fact that these next gen systems are here, but man, this has sure been a mess of a launch for everyone.

But I fully expect GT6 updates. GT7/P is still months away at least, and GT6 is out now. Keeping it fed with content is going to give it longer sales legs. *crosses fingers* :lol:

I'll keep playing regardless, because if you want what Gran Turismo offers, and millions of us do, there's just nowhere else to go. If it wasn't any good, we'd all quit.

If the BMW VGT was getting revealed, we would have had a trailer and in-game pictures by last week. So I highly doubt the authenticity of the claims that the BMW VGT will be revealed this week.

If the BMW VGT was getting revealed, we would have had a trailer and in-game pictures by last week. So I highly doubt the authenticity of the claims that the BMW VGT will be revealed this week.

Actually Jordan just hinted at BMW. He didn't say it would be the BMW VGT.

GT6 and the word 'sucks' in the same sentence, uttered by Toko himself? I honestly never thought this day would ever come. (:D)

On a more serious though, I do agree. GT6 really needs some new and worthwhile updates/content.

Just thought of some thing else, we had 2 updates in December and January. That makes 4 total thus far. No need to give one until April to keep up in the one a month thing. So mark the calendar for April 30th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back