It's now March; where is our promised community update?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by soap_hand, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strela

strela

Me!!.. since is my birthday I expect something also from PD.. :grumpy:

2. OdeFinn

OdeFinn

3. CeeJay

CeeJay

Woohoo, this is it, this is the week that was hinted at by Jordan. I cannot wait to see what happens!! We need a countdown to Friday!! :D This is going to be very entertaining not matter what happens! I know I shouldn't but I've really got my fingers crossed for some sort of awesome update.

4. John_McClane

John_McClane

I hope there is some content coming....haven't played gt6 for weeks and sadly there isn't any motivation.

5. MustangManiac

MustangManiac Premium

Well, happy birthday...you should get a car. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that update though, you might not see your next birthday.

6. eSZee

eSZee

Why force myself to play something that no longer brings me joy and entertainment?

Then t10 turned it all around completely within a couple of years and PD went backwards from gt5 to gt6 in terms of online and community.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
    mister dog, Smuttysy and yabiggoose like this.
  7. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Man. I thought making replicas was going to be great for me, but nope. The parts in GT6 freakin sucks, it not even worth it. So I attempted to do seasonal events, got bored with a flick of a finger. Yeah, PD needs to release new features because GT6 (as I said before) is featureless...

If GT7 ends up like this, I'm not buying it (will be reading reviews first).

e30 freek, Smuttysy, SZRT Ice and 6 others like this.
  8. blanchimont_01

blanchimont_01

It must be Tuesday again as I can see the crickets are warming up... if cricket chirping is a mating ritual I'm surprised the world hasn't been run over by them.

Tenacious D and forzaturismo like this.
  9. Swagger897

Swagger897 Premium

I was just thinking for a moment as to why, as similar instances such as the run-in at Bathurst or other instances which were not confirmed, nor denied have had their own stories.

Other than stirring up three more pages of this thread, I can see why as to leave it quiet. But it was just a quiet thought I had...

LVracerGT likes this.
  10. Skyline_77

Skyline_77

Why do I continue to hype myself up so much? :lol:

I get easily excited and delusional.. here I am again hoping and waiting for an update today/tomorrow. Something about PD and GT that keeps pulling me back in. Sorcery? :drool:

research likes this.
  11. pyrates

pyrates

The word you are looking for is addiction. :D

Streeto and research like this.
  12. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

Same here Toko. I just bought GT6 because it said GT on it. Not anymore.

Smuttysy, LVracerGT, HuskyGT and 16 others like this.
  13. Tier 2 Racing

Tier 2 Racing

Whoaa, that's not my quote.

14. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Ok fun's over. Give the computer back to Toko you imposter!!:lol:

15. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

But but but, it's really me, Toko. :D :lol:

research likes this.
  16. eSZee

eSZee

faxed

17. sirjim73

sirjim73

Seems like both Toko and Ameer have had their ps3s hacked by evil impostors :lol: Things must really be getting desperate...

On an on-topic note, when does Geneva show open this week? I wonder if BMW will do a presentation like Toyota did with the FT-1 release at Detroit with the GT6 vid.

Ah, I know why we haven't heard anything from PD. the whole team are hiding inside the BMW M135i waiting to jump out at the unveiling at Geneva like Erika Eleniak in Under Siege. :sly:

18. starknight97

starknight97

I'm think PD are waiting for the Geneva show first so the update may come then or afterwards.

19. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

The Geneva Show opens on the 6th. (to the public)

20. Crispy

Crispy

Bingo. It's truly silly how many promises they made before launch as PR purposes.

PD seem to think in the now. Let us take six months to make a car perfectly. In turn this means a very small car count.

Let us promise monthly content to get the hype up! Of course when they don't deliver then GT7 potential sales start to fall. This all just smells of bad management.

Spagetti69 likes this.
  21. research

research Premium

I just hope that the single PD employee who got in big trouble with Kaz and was sent to the doghouse known as 'GTPlanet Monitor' is astute enough to realize that when TokoTurismo is calling foul.... fire alarms need to be pulled.

Muxlee, AntonyGT, no1pal and 2 others like this.
  22. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk

BMW Press Conference @ 84th Geneva Motorshow, 12:15 PM CET (11:15 GMT) Tuesday 4th March.

Might mention it then.... I'm not so sure.

diegorborges, Tier 2 Racing and eSZee like this.
  23. eSZee

eSZee

Good to know...but now people will expect the BMW to be revealed tomorrow.

Tenacious D likes this.
  24. Tenacious D

Tenacious D Premium

This is something I'm pondering as well. If SONY has pushed PD to shift most effort to GT7/Prologue, they really should have just made GT6 for the freaking PS4, like many of us wanted in the first place. Now we have a better than GT5 but less than it could be GT6, ostensibly to keep from threatening the sales of Drive Club, P CARS and whatever else is in the pipeline. So now, everything's delayed, and SONY may have told these developers, "You're on your own, slowpokes."

I love the fact that these next gen systems are here, but man, this has sure been a mess of a launch for everyone.

But I fully expect GT6 updates. GT7/P is still months away at least, and GT6 is out now. Keeping it fed with content is going to give it longer sales legs. *crosses fingers* :lol:

I'll keep playing regardless, because if you want what Gran Turismo offers, and millions of us do, there's just nowhere else to go. If it wasn't any good, we'd all quit.

ukfan758 and no1pal like this.
  25. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

If the BMW VGT was getting revealed, we would have had a trailer and in-game pictures by last week. So I highly doubt the authenticity of the claims that the BMW VGT will be revealed this week.

Kurei and Tenacious D like this.
  26. tam38gti

tam38gti

Are we not expecting anything at 03.00 GMT Tuesday? Less than 10 hrs from now? No? Oh well...

27. pyrates

pyrates

Actually Jordan just hinted at BMW. He didn't say it would be the BMW VGT.

28. MXH

MXH Premium

GT6 and the word 'sucks' in the same sentence, uttered by Toko himself? I honestly never thought this day would ever come. (:D)

On a more serious though, I do agree. GT6 really needs some new and worthwhile updates/content.

29. Jimmy_Pop

Jimmy_Pop

Just thought of some thing else, we had 2 updates in December and January. That makes 4 total thus far. No need to give one until April to keep up in the one a month thing. So mark the calendar for April 30th!

Beart8o likes this.
  30. snoopybg

snoopybg

And that used to mean something...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.