It's now March; where is our promised community update?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by soap_hand, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnakeOfBacon

SnakeOfBacon

Small vocal minority. The people who are distraught enough to complain about minor grievances with a game on a forum will do so, those are are satisfied are just that, satisfied, they won't come online to sing its praises because they'd rather just play the game. The same applies to every product, you are far more likely to see people ranting online MY TOASTER SUCKS AND IS BROKEN than MY TOASTER TOASTS THINGS PROPERLY AND I AM SATIATED, because humans are driven by extremes of emotion.

Back on topic, no word about update yet, how about, nobody posts until update comes? Then you have permission to post it's happening.gif

Oh who am I kidding, this thread is just the resting spot for people who haven't yet emigrated to the other one.

2. snoopybg

snoopybg

Hahahah, this made my day. You don't have a clue, do you?

mister dog, Hypergolem and lGNAl like this.
  3. pyrates

pyrates

No it doesn't. We are talking about offline AI here.

research, Hypergolem and lGNAl like this.
  4. NixxxoN

NixxxoN (Banned)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rubberbanding

I didnt even know what rubber banding was and I had to search it. Maybe someone clarifies it.

5. pyrates

pyrates

It is the AI that is suddenly slowing down to let you win in offline races. As if the AI was attached by a rubber band to you that conveniently snaps back pulling the AI towards you.

HuskyGT likes this.
  6. STiG39

STiG39

The thing is, I am a fan of the GT series. I really do love the game. But the improvement they had from GT4 to GT5 was bigger than what they have from GT5 to GT6. I don´t compare GT6 to any other racing game (only play Grid and Shift, both have better AI in my opinion by the way) because that isn´t the point. The point is, that PD claims they offer the best racing simulator. Which they might do, but how does it hold up to the expectation of yourself or even the ones PD has? I am not complaining about GT6 being a crappy game. I am complaining about the expectations i have because of PD. It feels unfinished, which isn´t bad, considering the possibilities of an update or DLC. But the way they handle this is a bit strange for me. It starts with the release date, the first updates (beeing cars related to evenst etc.), the problems that aren´t fixed. PD had a pedigree of releasing great games. Thats why it took them couple of years for the next series. But GT6... I don´t know. I love the series, but GT6 isn´t finished for me until all updates are there. And I just hope it doesn´t take too long, because sonner or earlier, my PS4 is coming...

I am not convinced of the product I paid 70€ for. And I just hope I don´t have to pay more for content that should be in the game.

7. snoopybg

snoopybg

8. Scollurio

Scollurio

Okay, pointless really.
    And Assetto Corsa is no finished game.
    Ah wait, yeah I forgot, GT6 is neither.

Again the racing itself, mostly online, never felt anywhere near good as in GT6 to me,
    guess some of us are looking for different experiences then.
    Lets hop that update is coming soon...

iainoflo85 and GregOr1971 like this.
  9. Scollurio

Scollurio

Shift? and Grid? Really? I cannot remember the Ai as I was so disgruntled by the handling. I don't even count them anywhere near a simracer, not even semisim. So I cannot judge.

GregOr1971 likes this.
  10. Kavey

Kavey

I like it, but I think you need to factor in the exponential increase of rage influenced by the poor seasonals, the differential of the rage-reducing-but-excitement-inducing made-up speculation threads by people wanting post counts ;)

no1pal and iainoflo85 like this.
  11. snoopybg

snoopybg

Yes, I have never encountered anyone praising the game on this forum...

BTW why aren't you playing the game?

12. NixxxoN

NixxxoN (Banned)

Well, open the link I posted. Lag issues in online playing, that make the opponents cars get teleported from one point to the other sometimes. Thats a connection issue usually.

13. SnakeOfBacon

SnakeOfBacon

I'm waiting for an update and/or more seasonals, and now wouldn't be the best time for me to turn on my PS3 and amp, family wants to sleep etc.

14. STiG39

STiG39

I also don´t count them as sims. I never said that. But the AI seems better than in GT6 for me. It´s been a long time ago. But still. i do´nt play any other racing games atm than GT. So I did not want to compare. I am talking about what the game should be like because PD said it will and what it really is. If they fix it towards that, with DLC and updates... that´s fine with me. But the way they do it right now (kind of having dollarsigns in their eyes) really makes me thinking about it the testbed for GT7 again

15. snoopybg

snoopybg

If we had an event creator you wouldn't have to wait. I guess it is too much for a game developer.

16. SnakeOfBacon

SnakeOfBacon

:)
    Well, next time I play GT6 (besides the brief daily sign-in to keep the bonus going) will be when the new Spanish lake track is here.

17. snoopybg

snoopybg

Yeah me too. However I've been waiting for a month.

lGNAl likes this.
  18. SnakeOfBacon

SnakeOfBacon

The wait has been long, but one day it will come, and all will be very good. In the meantime, life offers many other avenues to pass the time, such as EDF 2025, making sandwiches, or just getting lost in TV Tropes pages.

19. Griffith500

Griffith500

But I thought you didn't get the game when it was released? You waited, at least until after the first Red Bull event, because I seem to remember you hadn't heard it in person yet. So you knew what you were getting at that exact moment.

You probably ought to have waited until they actually released the sound update, I'd say. But that was your gamble.
    At least you're having fun with those other games. :tup:

iainoflo85 likes this.
  20. zlays

zlays

e30 freek and forzaturismo like this.
  21. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

forzaturismo likes this.
  22. pyrates

pyrates

SZRT Ice, Tier 2 Racing and super_gt like this.
  23. zlays

zlays

maybe in GT15 in 2055 :/

24. snoopybg

snoopybg

That's right. I kept hearing how good the physics were and I figured since I had waited already some time the sound update would come soon. Boy, was I wrong. Seeing how things are moving I figure we will never get that sound update.

25. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk

HuskyGT, SZRT Ice, ildd and 3 others like this.
  26. apexpredator100

apexpredator100

So how many people will be complaining this week if there isn't an update by Tuesday?

27. Master__Shake_

Master__Shake_

It may be to the point of a small army storming the PD headquarters with torches & pitchforks.

28. MustangManiac

MustangManiac Premium

A better question would be who is foolish enough to expect an update this Tuesday?

e30 freek, HuskyGT, no1pal and 4 others like this.
  29. 4everdelayed

4everdelayed

Considering the number of threads here on GTPlanet and elsewhere on the internet, I'd be careful with the usage of the term "small vocal minority". It's obvious that we're not a minority here on the GT6 forums. This means that you are assuming that everyone else who bought the game and is not actively participating in these "epic whining" threads must be "satisfied" with what they have. I'm waiting on proof of that.

What would "major grievances" be in your opinion?

lGNAl and snoopybg like this.
  30. snoopybg

snoopybg

Not only that but the sales numbers and the price of the game at the moment are a pretty strong evidence of the popularity of the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.