It's now March; where is our promised community update?

• Thread starter soap_hand
  • 2,036 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're that technical with everything then you could probably find flaws in almost any statement from gaming companies on what will be in their game.

I believe you started the "Technical" argument. As Judge Judy says "I've been wrong before once, in 1947". You can play the part of Judge Judy but in 2014. Not being rude, I just don't like when the response to someone after being shown proof (which is rare here I know and you probably wasn't expecting it) is "well, well... you're a doody head" and has nothing to do with what I said. No biggie thou, I'm cool.

Edit:
To me I can see a technical difference, changing a layout (with GT Arena for example) would require some editing tools, ie. a course creator, which we haven't got yet. Different layouts of the same track are pre-determined by PD, we just enter the track and start driving, there is nothing that we can adjust and no editing tools are required.

I'm probably mis-reading your post but what I was referring to with the Willow comparison was that because there is no mention of the Street of Willow layout it should have never been included, just like KinLM is implying that the course creator is needed to change how the GT Arena is laid out. Sorry if I'm being confusing, I do have a hard time getting my point across at times.

Last edited:
That feature was still not technically 'promised'.

I really hope you were joking, it's on the freaking official website and the track is already in GT6. That's about as "promised" as it gets. Let's see how many more ways you come up with to defend PD...

You know, I wonder how these things fall legally under false advertising. There's nothing there that claims that's not featured in the game yet. And now that I think of it, there's a few features on the back of the game case that aren't in GT6 either, such as in game friend invites and game recording IIRC.

Can anyone point me to the primary source (aka quote or press release from a PD employee) for the 'promise of the community features update in February'?

In addition to popular features such as Open Lobbies and Seasonal Events from the previous edition, this instalment will now have a variety of new community features: organise your own clubs, communicate in forums and host race events for your members.

Link

Until it's taken off the website it's perfectly fine to expect it to be added. But you should also be aware of the fact that things doesn't always go according to plan, and that's something to keep in mind when you buy the game based on future updates. So far, none of those coming features are cancelled, so I don't know what you're on about.
It took them well over 2 years after GT5 released to remove the information regarding the GT5: Prologue garage transfer feature from the GT website. You mean to tell me I shouldn't have given up hope on that promised feature until then?

It took them well over 2 years after GT5 released to remove the information regarding the GT5: Prologue garage transfer feature from the GT website. You mean to tell me I shouldn't have given up hope on that promised feature until then?

Everyone knows GT5P has come and gone. GT6 is the current title released a few months ago. It's perfectly acceptable to hold PD to their word, especially when it's right on the official site.

Use some common sense instead of just arguing for the sake of arguing. Everyone knows GT5P has come and gone. GT6 is the current title released a few months ago. It's perfectly acceptable to hold PD to their word, especially when it's right on the official site.

I played GT5P back in 2007 when it first came out, it's 2014 in case you weren't aware.
Is there a specific date you guys keep referring to? Because all I see on the official site is "in the future" which can basically be whenever the hell they feel like it.

That's hardly comparable, everyone knows GT5P has come and gone. GT6 is the current title released a few months ago. It's perfectly acceptable to hold PD to their word, especially when it's right on the official site.
It was a GT5 feature. Regardless, my point was that the people who update the GT website aren't the quickest on the draw when it comes to actually informing people regarding things of that nature; so his argument that "as long as it's listed you'll still get it" doesn't fit with how little care is put towards letting people know of feature changes using the website.

Last edited:
I'm probably mis-reading your post but what I was referring to with the Willow comparison was that because there is no mention of the Street of Willow layout it should have never been included, just like KinLM is implying that the course creator is needed to change how the GT Arena is laid out. Sorry if I'm being confusing, I do have a hard time getting my point across at times.

No worries, I probably didn't read yours correctly either and I too fail to get my points across well.

I would argue that Streets Of Willow is 'already there' and was easy to implement, but then it makes me wonder why PD left out various kart tracks and other circuit's layouts when they are already there and modeled. The easiest answer to most questions really is "It's PD".

Edit: They also didn't mention the various Matterhorn variations or Brands Hatch Indy version, so there's that. Just shows that we shouldn't hold much faith in what they say and be pleasantly suprised when we get more than stated, but we've all known this for years now :sly:

No worries, I probably didn't read yours correctly either and I too fail to get my points across well.

I would argue that Streets Of Willow is 'already there' and was easy to implement, but then it makes me wonder why PD left out various kart tracks and other circuit's layouts when they are already there and modeled. The easiest answer to most questions really is "It's PD".
Suzuka West Course is a great example.

I really hope you were joking, it's on the freaking official website and the track is already in GT6. That's about as "promised" as it gets. Let's see how many more ways you come up with to defend PD...

You know, I wonder how these things fall legally under false advertising. There's nothing there that claims that's not featured in the game yet. And now that I think of it, there's a few features on the back of the game case that aren't in GT6 either, such as in game friend invites and game recording IIRC.

The back of the case does mention "Gameplay Recording & Upload" (my guess the excuse will be the top 10 times of the time trials are Recorded and Uploaded to their servers so you can download them), Lobbies/Matchmaking, Messaging/Friend Invite in Game, Access and Create online events with web based devices and Drive future Vision Gran Turismo concepts. Funny only the Concept VGT has an * which states "Availability of vehicles may vary". Everything else is supposedly included with you $59.99 purchase. I'm thinking the fact they "plan" to update the game and continue support is their legal excuse, but I'd don't know I'm not a lawyer, I'm a doctor, to cars.

And to anyone who thinks I sound like a pain in the rump, we (the consumer) is expected to abide by the rules of their product (Terms and Conditions) in writing. Well I expect what I paid for at minimum that's in writing. No bait and switch please, no thanks. It works both ways.

Edit:
Edit: They also didn't mention the various Matterhorn variations or Brands Hatch Indy version, so there's that. Just shows that we shouldn't hold much faith in what they say and be pleasantly suprised when we get more than stated, but we've all known this for years now :sly:

Understood. I would hate to think they kept other things like R1600turbo mentions Suzuka West so they can say "Hey look, new track everyone" Believe me when I first read about the "one track a month deal" I said.. bman I said can you imagine if we were to get 1 location for example Matterhorn and get 1 track layout a month. Well that's 4 months right there. But I agree there seems to be more to some of these tracks Like Circuit de La Sarthe (Bugatti Circuit), Monza (Jr. Circuit) and even Special Stage Route X (Lane 3 to the "Inner Part") and we haven't been given access to these parts.

Last edited:
It is still February, so it is still highly likely that the DLC will come out around the end of the month. It's weird how all of this complaining came out of the clear blue, when we all knew that features like Course Maker and Community will be available in later patches. PD has promised nothing about a specific release date for the release of these patches and features. Those of you that are blaming and trashing PD because there wasn't a patch last night set yourselves up for disappointment. PD didn't mention or promise anything about a patch being released last night, as they always do maintenance on late Mondays/early Tuesdays.

It's sad how most topics that are about the state of the game or just about the game in general turns into complain thread about "broken promises". The Kaz documentary thread turned into a "Bash Kaz and PD" thread, instead of being discussion about the actual movie, the GT6 News thread turned into a place full of hostility, and the maintenance thread from last night was just plain silly. Hopefully things will get better when all of these features arrive to GT6 which could probably be as soon as next month.

Wonder how long until this thread gets locked too... :rolleyes:

Seriously...

PD "dropping the ball" in some context = New thread open to arguing/bickering/e-thugin'/etc

then...

New thread = locked somewhere after 24hrs or 250-300 posts, due to GTPlanet degrading itself to 'arguing 10-yr old' status.

It's happened twice now, a 3rd time and it could be considered a pattern :lol:

It seems due to poor sales PD has almost entirely dropped support of this game.
You do understand GT6 has outsold AC4 Black Flag by more than double, right? Just to give you a perspective of your "poor sales" statement.

Seriously...

PD "dropping the ball" in some context = New thread open to arguing/bickering/e-thugin'/etc

then...

New thread = locked somewhere after 24hrs or 250-300 posts, due to GTPlanet degrading itself to 'arguing 10-yr old' status.

I wouldn't dwell on it too much. It's the natural cycle for GTP. It wouldn't be GTP if there weren't pointless arguments and debates. That's what makes it frustrating fun.

I wouldn't dwell on it too much. It's the natural cycle for GTP. It wouldn't be GTP if there weren't pointless arguments and debates. That's what makes it frustrating fun.
Seems unfair to single GTP out for that. :sly: Its not even just an internet discussion thing, its simply a human thing; leave a number of people in a room and give them a topic to discuss, one they all have a modicum of knowledge and interest in, and they will debate it, eventually reaching an impasse where one or two points become the pivot for a circular conversation with no resolution.

The difference at GTP is that when we reach that point (or sometimes a little earlier) the topic gets closed. 👍

Seriously...

then...

In no way am I defending the "arguing 10 year olds" or trolls (whatever the internet calls them), but deep down, and I can only say for how it is in America but it's not sunshine and bunnies these days (except for the rich). Gran Turismo 6 (and other games) is suppose to be a way to relax and enjoy in your private time alone or with family and friends. Some people have to pinch pennies to buy these items and don't want to be told "oops"(see the Red Bull X challenge/January date fallout) by said rich people swimming in your money like Scrooge McDuck.

I feel a lot of the anger here has to do with "I'm/we are getting shafted again, I'm already getting that at work or life in general." It's seems when PD is quiet (No news) all is pretty well here but when they make a "promise" (again Red Bull) all the troublemakers come out and some of the decent reasonable posters fall victim. Am I happy with how things are in the GT6 world, not really. Am I going to cry and whine, no. That's get us no where but angry and banned. I do hope things improve, but PD is no different than any other company and I do hope they get their act together and things get better. For me a start would be some communication from someone with knowledge. Even Kaz's translator would be great, someone, anyone. The language barrier is not an excuse for me. That way we can have a discussion on facts and not arguments on speculation.

Last edited:
Seems to be a clear divide between those who worship the ground Mr. Yamauchi walks on and those who think he is a charlatan. Personally I couldn't give a rats ass who the main man at Polyphony Digital is, so long as he learns that in the modern era, businesses really, really need to communicate better with clients/customers/fans.
You can't put it down to cultural differences either, it's simply bad practice.

Wish it were that simple. Jordan takes every opportunity there is in terms of interviews, news, tid-bits of info and even some official/unofficial 'rumours' and in fact, he gets some stuff and some interview opportunities that other journalists and gaming sites don't because of who he is and what he has built GTPlanet into. But he can't just demand things from PD - his relationship with them collectively and Kaz personally must have some conditions attached and while he gets to ask some questions that we all want asked, he can't just call them up and get updates on a whim, nice as that would be.
That was a pretty nice way of saying he doesn't know, or can't say...

But I know every person who created a fan site for a game I lead, and some where just huge. Every one of them had my cell phone and were very respectful of my time... I respected the more assertive ones... And they got the lion share of my attention.

They where key to holding a direct line to my most avid fans and often provided me with "state of the community" updates, updates I used in very high level reports and meetings.

A community leader of any more singular focus franchise has a lot of "skin in the game", especially if there site is their livelihood.

Jordan likely has that relationship with people at Sony, and likely access to privileged information that he can't share, but I'm pretty certain he could do something... Unless Kaz is an emperor with a complete lockdown on com channels... And this is very possible, archaic, but possible.

But I do like the suggestion for Jordan to root information, pd and sony will appreciate that its for the fans.

Few others can claim to have the best interests and intentions for the GT series...

rabble rabble rabble

February update should have come out in December

rabble rabble rabble

I do get everyone's frustration, it would be nice to have 100% of the game on release, but I'm a patient man and don't mind waiting (unless on the road you're taking your sweet time pulling out of a junction, then prepare for F-bombs and a blaring horn).

I didn't get a harrumph from this guy. :odd:

It is because of us, the users, that Kaz has been able to realize his boyhood dreams of becoming a professional racecar driver.

Kaz and PD have given us a pastime....we have given them a raison d'être.

I hardly think it is too much to ask for a little back and forth communication.

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

The reason we are fans, is because of Kaz's vision and hard work. It's because of that, he has been able to realise his dreams.

You payed for a product, not for his racing career.

PD is probably just sick and tired of people constantly coming to this site to complain about missing features and things that they haven't promised. PD does keep an eye on their community. Adding to that, it is their game and they know what's wrong with it and what's good with it and I'm sure that PD will fix the issues.

You do understand GT6 has outsold AC4 Black Flag by more than double, right? Just to give you a perspective of your "poor sales" statement.
It has?
I'm seeing 2.6m sales for AC4 on ps3 and GT6 hasn't hit 2m yet.
Keep in mind AC games usually sell 4.5-5.5m over their lifetime while GT games sell 8-9m+

PD is probably just sick and tired of people constantly coming to this site to complain about missing features and things that they haven't promised.

:confused:

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

The reason we are fans, is because of Kaz's vision and hard work. It's because of that, he has been able to realise his dreams.

You payed for a product, not for his racing career.

I'm more than willing to give credit where credit is due, and you are right in saying that Kaz had an incredible vision, and that he has worked incredibly hard to make it a reality.

However, keep in mind that we are talking about a video game here. Kaz and PD didn't find some new, renewable energy source, or cure cancer....they made a video game.

I was not trying to state that I have paid for Kaz's racing career personally. My point is that if it were not for the continued support we the fans have given to the GT franchise for 15 years, Kaz and PD would not be where they are today. Ask yourself, how many people bought GT6 as their first instalment in the franchise?

And what do we get for our continued support? Empty promises and the silent treatment. I'm not asking for Kaz to come down to my house and give me an "old fashioned", I'm simply asking for a little more back and forth communication. As others have said, in today's day and age, not interacting with your customer base is simply poor business practice.

For example, many people have been asking for a livery editor since pre GT2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there has been a definitive answer as to why one hasn't been included yet. Personally, I don't really care what the reason is, even if it's a simple "we don't want to." Anything is better than the silent treatment.

I'm more than willing to give credit where credit is due, and you are right in saying that Kaz had an incredible vision, and that he has worked incredibly hard to make it a reality.

However, keep in mind that we are talking about a video game here. Kaz and PD didn't find some new, renewable energy source, or cure cancer....they made a video game.

I was not trying to state that I have paid for Kaz's racing career personally. My point is that if it were not for the continued support we the fans have given to the GT franchise for 15 years, Kaz and PD would not be where they are today. Ask yourself, how many people bought GT6 as their first instalment in the franchise?

And what do we get for our continued support? Empty promises and the silent treatment. I'm not asking for Kaz to come down to my house and give me an "old fashioned", I'm simply asking for a little more back and forth communication. As others have said, in today's day and age, not interacting with your customer base is simply poor business practice.

For example, many people have been asking for a livery editor since pre GT2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there has been a definitive answer as to why one hasn't been included yet. Personally, I don't really care what the reason is, even if it's a simple "we don't want to." Anything is better than the silent treatment.

If I was a successful developer, and looked on a fan forum to see all kinds of abusive comments and rhetoric discussions about how I have virtually ruined peoples childhood memories, I wouldn't communicate with them either.

Fact is, there is a lot of hostility towards Kaz, with GTP forums seemingly being the main source. And it's not everone on GTP, it's a vocal minority. Why should he bother interacting with this hostile, vocal minority?

Can anyone point me to the primary source (aka quote or press release from a PD employee) for the 'promise of the community features update in February'? I recall interviews with Kaz saying that there will "probably" be one update in each of the months from January to May. I remember him saying "probably" two "big" updates in January: which was true with "big" being his own personal opinion. I've seen no indicative statement with the mention of update and community features in the same sentence from Kaz or PD.
https://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-launch-event-reveals-x2014-intro-movie-january-update-deltawing-more/ Launch party

Fact is, there is a lot of hostility towards Kaz, with GTP forums seemingly being the main source. And it's not everone on GTP, it's a vocal minority. Why should he bother interacting with this hostile, vocal minority?
Because everyone that's ever run a business knows you don't learn much from happy customers. They are going to tell you about everything you did right, which you already know about and which you won't have to change because it's already well done..that's why they're happy. The hostile, vocal minority represented what is wrong with a product in the eyes of the disgruntled. They also often represent a hostile, unhappy, much larger silent minority, who don't bother to speak up because most people don't bother to speak up. An intelligent person is able to decipher that feedback and sort out the valid from the silly and implement necessary changes to the product to make more customers happy.

Last edited:
If I was a successful developer, and looked on a fan forum to see all kinds of abusive comments and rhetoric discussions about how I have virtually ruined peoples childhood memories, I wouldn't communicate with them either.

You're right He(Kaz)/They(PD) don't have to respond to or communicate with fans. They can keep doing what they've been doing since the beginning of this generation of consoles; empty promises, ridiculous time lines, lack of communication etc. Last time I checked, pissing off fans was a great way to alienate them. When a full GT game fails to outsell a prologue, Sony will be the ones asking the questions, not the fans. They'll probably want to switch it up then, but it will probably be too late.

And here I was thinking Kaz was a 50 year old businessman. Thanks for telling me he's a 12 year old buy who got his feeling hurt by a bunch of keyboard warriors.
You're right though, the dissatisfied ones are a minority and there's no reason to communicate with them...so how about he ignores the minority and communicates with the overwhelming majority?

And here I was thinking Kaz was a 50 year old businessman. Thanks for telling me he's a 12 year old buy who got his feeling hurt by a bunch of keyboard warriors.
You're right though, the dissatisfied ones are a minority and there's no reason to communicate with them...so how about he ignores the minority and communicates with the overwhelming majority?

Yes, that would be fine :lol:

It has?
I'm seeing 2.6m sales for AC4 on ps3 and GT6 hasn't hit 2m yet.
Keep in mind AC games usually sell 4.5-5.5m over their lifetime while GT games sell 8-9m+
:lol:

I totally sometimes forget the level of serious is high here.

the GTP GT6 forum is full of businessmen worried about global sales, public approval ratings, and such. EHHHHHHHHHHHHH whatever. Carry on!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back