It's now March; where is our promised community update?

• Thread starter soap_hand
  • 2,036 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more i think about it the more i believe that they are trying to get more out in the one update, the downside is its taking them longer to get it to us than previously told. I would also hope that they are play testing the crap out of it so there isnt stuff broken by fixing something else....

@ as for their lack of communication, i have been saying for months that this is the biggest thing they need to address. If they were to come out and say "we are having issues getting the new features finished, or working the way we want" then we would all take a big breath and be a little more patient.

Our raceonoz race leagues are into our 5th round this week, and there have been no fixes for any of the issues that affect our league. Some of the guys are losing patience, but hopefully my prediction is right an we get something big in the next few weeks before we start testing for season 2.

Another thing i find frustrating, is the "mini updates" have dried up as well. Things like fixing the RA menu should be a little fix, or the timing glitch is very frustrating during qualifying...

Anyway, like most of you, i am holding out hope that the next patch is done properly and new content as well as glitch fixes will put us all at ease.

Some optimism at last instead of ranting and frustration. It's very refreshing and I agree with you. They must realise they're behind somewhat in whatever schedule they may have set themselves and want to get a lot out in one update. Or they're just slow at pushing these features out.

I hope so too, considering I've already pointed out the specifics twice myself.

SCEA confirm - update on its way but with no ETA at this point. At least we know it exists, though.

BMW extra content coming within 7 days - nothing to do with update.

Everyone clear on this yet? We don't want a riot next week when no update comes.
Awwww and here was me sharpening my pitchfork ;) :P
On topic, I'm just happy to know an update is coming, whether it has what everyone wants in it is another question.

Fingers crossed for update, this feels like having birthday presents what are only empty boxes and parents are saying: "you'll get actual present later, maybe tomorrow". Tomorrow comes and asking for my present and parents are just saying:"don't worry, we said you'll get it tomorrow". After few weeks of asking they finally give a real present, toy what they promised, but broken one, when asking possibilities to get it fixed got only answer: "tomorrow" and story continues and next birthday comes closer.

Feels a bit same with PD and GT6, probably this "tomorrow" story just continues until there is time to buy GT7..

Lol

Last edited:
PD is a tortoise. It is slow. It's always been slow. This is nothing new. PD is sure and steady. I wish people would stop desiring PD to be a hare. The tortoise will still be racing for 100 years after the hare is dead. ;)

Assuming PD isn't one of the multitude of tortoise species (about half of the known species) now nearing extinction, mainly due to the inability to adapt to current environmental conditions and increasing human threats. ;)

PD is a tortoise. It is slow. It's always been slow. This is nothing new. PD is sure and steady. I wish people would stop desiring PD to be a hare. The tortoise will still be racing for 100 years after the hare is dead. ;)
The problem with that is the average gamer doesn't have the patience. They will most likely lose more customers that way. I know I'm starting to wear thin and I love GT6, think about the people who just like the game. Now since there is competition PD needs to step up to the plate. At the very least just have routine communication on why casuals should still hold on to their game.

NA
Assuming PD isn't one of the multitude of tortoise species (about half of the known species) now nearing extinction, mainly due to the inability to adapt to current environmental conditions and increasing human threats. ;)

But is that primarily the tortoises' fault, or that of "human threats"? I think this analogy has been stretched too far!

But is that primarily the tortoises' fault, or that of "human threats"? I think this analogy has been stretched too far!

Hehe, probably, but I have a funny habit involving seeing far more levels to an analogy than originally intended. :embarrassed:

Edit: I also have been giving the question quite a bit of thought. I came to the conclusion that if the destination remains the same, then the journey only matters if it's not too late to change the course, (and thus the destination).

now I feel sad for tortoises.

Whoops. Unintended collateral damage. My apologies. ;)

Sounds about right here @ GTP...

Definitely no shortage of those who would agree, at any rate. :lol:

Last edited:
Update has to come.
Undeniable dilemma.
PD's delays not a burden
Anyone should bear.

If there were no rewards to reap,
No course creator to see me through,
this tedious path I’ve chosen here,
I certainly would’ve buy an Xbox by now.
And I still may, and I still may, and I still may, and I may...

Gonna wait it out.
Gonna wait it out.
Wait it out...
Gonna wait it out.....

;)

Tool Lyrics

SCEA confirm - update on its way but with no ETA at this point. At least we know it exists, though.

From what I read on the Rock Band Forums. It takes 3 weeks for updates to games to pass Sony's testing. They want to make sure that it's going to work on all versions of the console. I read this as there is an issue with the update, and it's getting fixed.

Put the hammer and the nails away.

From what I read on the Rock Band Forums. It takes 3 weeks for updates to games to pass Sony's testing. They want to make sure that it's going to work on all versions of the console. I read this as there is an issue with the update, and it's getting fixed.

Put the hammer and the nails away.
I've heard that same tried and true story tons of times, without actual proof of it by higher ups...

What announcement? All I can find 20 pages back is wishful thinking.

So... To get my facts straight in this thread of ramblings, I did some digging and compiled these details from a select group of posts. Anyone wondering about future updates planned for this week?

This is what we have so far:

PsuPepperoni said
This is the info we've received from GTP News, and it may or may not have been correctly translated from what Kaz actually said.

"A new track is coming for Gran Turismo 6, set to be released some time in February."

"Although the Sony and Polyphony Digital representatives on-hand at the event kept most of the details about the location secret, they did confirm we’ll be learning more about it in an update coming to the game this February."

"Based around the town of Zahara de la Sierra in Andalusia, Spain, the new track will be the longest in GT6 - longer than even the Nurburgring Nordschleife’s 26km of tarmac. As previously announced, it will be released in February, along with the Red Bull X2014 Standard and X2014 “Fan Car” models."

Note that the information seems to have some discrepancies. Also, I've been told that Kaz said the track would be around 27km which means it won't actually be "the longest in GT6".

I think PD's once-in-a-blue-moon, vague, one-sentence statements may be getting mistranslated, meaning the obscenely low amount of communication we are getting may not even be correct.

Jordan replied...

Jordan said
Those quotes are all mine, and they're all correct; they don't come from Kazunori, but from the SCEA and PD representatives I spoke with when I hosted the round-table discussion on PlayStation's Twitch channel. Of course, plans must have clearly changed since that time.

If it's any consolation, I have spoken with SCEA and the update is coming, but exactly when that will be remains a mystery.

Considering the aforementioned, Jordan is speaking of the Zahara/track update in his response.

Next:

ildd said
Jordan, please; do you know if the update has a chance at being released this weekend? The answer will lessen drama around here dramatically... even if it's the answer we don't want to hear.

Jordan said
We will be getting something within 7 days. Big car companies love Making the trip to snowy cities in Winter.

sk8er913 said
This must be a riddle for a new VGT car... Snowy cities.... where is it snowing... It snows in Geneva. When is the Geneva auto show?

edit: Geneva auto show times, press days March 2-3, 2014; that's definitely within 7 days.

edit edit: Snow forecasted for March 1st.

Virghilian said
Thank you, Jordan!
Guys, look at the capital letters in Jordan's riddle;)
This leads me to believe that we can expect some car related DLC this week, but nothing is concrete in relation to the track. More so, Jordans posts are a mere 30 minutes apart from each other, so it's unlikely that he was suddenly informed of something major when 30 minutes prior, it was a "mystery".

That's my take on things..., Hope it helps.

(credit to SZRT Ice for putting this together. Thanks.)

Last edited:
I just have one question for @Terronium-12 , @Wardez , or @Jordan .... If there was an "announcement" about an upcoming update mentioned some 20 pages earlier, than why wasn't a formal news announcement created on the home page?

I'm not entirely sure you're aware of what you're suggesting.

We could very well make an "announcement" of sorts on the news page - but to what end? We don't know what it's going to contain, when it's coming, or anything remotely useful that constitutes news. Sure, this was said and that was said, but nothing is final until the very last moment, and I mean that quite literally. At this juncture it'd be nothing but a rumor column and that's not what the news page is for.

When there's something to report you can rest assured you'll see it on the news page, but until then, we're along for the ride just like everyone else.

For the most part. :P

What is starting to concern me is the size of any next update? :confused:

I mean, with how quiet PD have been, have they been burning the candle at both ends?
Will the "next" update be HUGE?

The last major updates (I can't recall their size) were quite large, and my snail internet literally took ALL night to download.
The first update, I actually got up the next morning (8 hours later) and it was stuck at 40%. :indiff:
Any size that is significant is going to be super slow, THIS has me concerned. :nervous:

More big name companies should leverage peer to peer downloading. Imagine how much faster you could download updates! I remember Metal Gear Online did this.

NA
Well, you're right.

Language, here. So I hope that's enough to not be given a warning. I don't wanna break the rules of the AUP. NSFW because of the language...

NA
Respect (handshake and chest bump...CHI-Town!)

Last edited:
Reactions: NA
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back