Its so hard to play GT sport after trying ACC

• Thread starter Klik
  • 33 comments
Denmark
Denmark
I find phyiscs in ACC better than in GT sport, it actually makes gt sport kinda arcady after trying Acc. I find it really hard to adjust again for GT sport. What do you prefer?

How are competitive servers in ACC on console? I still havent unlocked them. Are they full in all 5 races a day?

GT Sport is much more plug and play, you can just jump on and get into a race within minutes, nearly any time of day. The driving in ACC is better, but the graphics are much worse(on console) vs GT. There’s also a million different settings you have to fiddle with to get your car working, and then you have to tune your car, per track, per conditions. If you’re into super realistic everything, ACC is better. If you just want to jump in and race, GT is better. Both are great games, depending on what you’re looking for. :)

Last edited:
Gran Turismo is the standard for console racing games. All the other games are basically judged as better or worse than GT. Kind of like what iPhone is to the phone market. Not always top of the line, but the industry standard.

So of course there will some that are better in various areas/pay for different licenses. That's how products are developed. No one develops in a vacuum. And competition is good for the consumer.

There are many good racing games, but GTS is only one that directly increases hardware sales for the parent company. Which in my opinion is a good thing vs the microtransactions trend.

I knew some folks excited before it came out. I was too. I got it. I played it. I ranked up to go online. I put it back down.
Imo the game on console was a cash grab.
The graphics on ps4 pro are turrible. The cars in the mirror look like floating cartoons.
The games steering rotation setting has to be set for any car you drive and it’s a total pain to get it right. There’s a bunch of misinformed people listing the wrong settings online too to add to the fun.
I really enjoyed the ffb a lot when it came out but then they nerfed it in an update to change it to “appropriate for console players”
Translation : we ruined it by dumbing it down.
There’s no one within ping range of West coast NA to play online with when I tried.
The sound is great, the ffb was ruined in the update, the car won’t even steer until you twiddle with the rotations, the default setup on the cars I used were decent but not great. Never bothered tuning, but I imagine you need to spend hours on that to get the cars to really run competitively. That might not matter anyways sine the Ferrari is so OP. The Ferrari was all I saw people using.
They wanted money for gt4? Had to give that an lol.
No way will I give them any more money. I’m sure the money I spent went towards improving the pc version though so you’re welcome.
As a game, I can basically time trial or race ai which is a complete bore, compound that with terrible graphics and nerfed ffb...It lacks immersion for me.
Pc2 offers way way more on console. I’m not a huge PROJECT CARS 2 fan, but it’s a thousand times better than ACC on console imo.
Of all the people I know on PlayStation, there’s only one I see playing ACC these days.
If I had a super pc I might play it more, but the problem is niche within a niche games have no playerbase.
In GTS I can pop on and race live people close to my ability almost anytime.
ACC is worse than PC2 AC DR DR2 (best driving on console by far imo) GTS.
Sure, it wins on physics, but it sucks as a game.
If you have GTS imo the best counterpoint to it and the game I LOVE IS DIRT RALLY 2. NOW THAT IS IMMERSION.
The game I’d like would be GTS graphics/menus/replays/livery editor/online component, but with DR2 sound, adjustable FOV and PC2 level of in cockpit viewpoint adjustments, some sound from ACC, all tracks from all games, mostly GTS physics with no tuning online, but a bit less forgiving so a synergy between what exists now in GTS but less forgiving and some ACC and PC2 and DR2 added in. You don’t want too sim but just a bit less forgiving on the limit than GTS, and a bit edgier. Dynamic weather from PC2. Karts-tracks from pc2-ffb and physics-synergy of GTS PC2/heavy DR2 component. Rally just port in DR2 directly but add stages from WRC and GTS originals...HMMM
that wouldn’t be too bad oh yeah add DR2 time trial dailies with ONE TRY. Add DR2 having to pay to repair the cars you crash...UMMM am I missing anything???
Edit yeah a lot of graphics components of PC2 DR2 that look USED and realistic not everything brands new like GTS. Some PC2 looks edgy in a great way. Rally cross from DR2. Bigger grids like 40 cars....hmmm

Edit oh yeah gimme custom HUD too along with more options for music maybe like from GTA for that, working tuners on street cars. Crashes and damage by DR2/wreckfest devs. Let’s see some hoods fly off after hitting something..Fiery explosions on some crashes...Driver death...and DRAG RACING WITH TUNING...

Last edited:
I knew some folks excited before it came out. I was too. I got it. I played it. I ranked up to go online. I put it back down.
Imo the game on console was a cash grab.
The graphics on ps4 pro are turrible. The cars in the mirror look like floating cartoons.
The games steering rotation setting has to be set for any car you drive and it’s a total pain to get it right. There’s a bunch of misinformed people listing the wrong settings online too to add to the fun.
I really enjoyed the ffb a lot when it came out but then they nerfed it in an update to change it to “appropriate for console players”
Translation : we ruined it by dumbing it down.
There’s no one within ping range of West coast NA to play online with when I tried.
The sound is great, the ffb was ruined in the update, the car won’t even steer until you twiddle with the rotations, the default setup on the cars I used were decent but not great. Never bothered tuning, but I imagine you need to spend hours on that to get the cars to really run competitively. That might not matter anyways sine the Ferrari is so OP. The Ferrari was all I saw people using.
They wanted money for gt4? Had to give that an lol.
No way will I give them any more money. I’m sure the money I spent went towards improving the pc version though so you’re welcome.
As a game, I can basically time trial or race ai which is a complete bore, compound that with terrible graphics and nerfed ffb...It lacks immersion for me.
Pc2 offers way way more on console. I’m not a huge PROJECT CARS 2 fan, but it’s a thousand times better than ACC on console imo.
Of all the people I know on PlayStation, there’s only one I see playing ACC these days.
If I had a super pc I might play it more, but the problem is niche within a niche games have no playerbase.
In GTS I can pop on and race live people close to my ability almost anytime.
ACC is worse than PC2 AC DR DR2 (best driving on console by far imo) GTS.
Sure, it wins on physics, but it sucks as a game.
If you have GTS imo the best counterpoint to it and the game I LOVE IS DIRT RALLY 2. NOW THAT IS IMMERSION.
The game I’d like would be GTS graphics/menus/replays/livery editor/online component, but with DR2 sound, adjustable FOV and PC2 level of in cockpit viewpoint adjustments, some sound from ACC, all tracks from all games, mostly GTS physics with no tuning online, but a bit less forgiving so a synergy between what exists now in GTS but less forgiving and some ACC and PC2 and DR2 added in. You don’t want too sim but just a bit less forgiving on the limit than GTS, and a bit edgier. Dynamic weather from PC2. Karts-tracks from pc2-ffb and physics-synergy of GTS PC2/heavy DR2 component. Rally just port in DR2 directly but add stages from WRC and GTS originals...HMMM
that wouldn’t be too bad oh yeah add DR2 time trial dailies with ONE TRY. Add DR2 having to pay to repair the cars you crash...UMMM am I missing anything???
Edit yeah a lot of graphics components of PC2 DR2 that look USED and realistic not everything brands new like GTS. Some PC2 looks edgy in a great way. Rally cross from DR2. Bigger grids like 40 cars....hmmm

Edit oh yeah gimme custom HUD too along with more options for music maybe like from GTA for that, working tuners on street cars. Crashes and damage by DR2/wreckfest devs. Let’s see some hoods fly off after hitting something..Fiery explosions on some crashes...Driver death...and DRAG RACING WITH TUNING...
How are the competitive servers on ACC? I still have less than 70 SA so i cant access it. Are competitive servers full?

GT Sport is much more plug and play, you can just jump on and get into a race within minutes, nearly any time of day. The driving in ACC is better, but the graphics are much worse(on console) vs GT. There’s also a million different settings you have to fiddle with to get your car working, and then you have to tune your car, per track, per conditions. If you’re into super realistic everything, ACC is better. If you just want to jump in and race, GT is better. Both are great games, depending on what you’re looking for. :)

Agreed. Why I’ve stayed away from ACC online. The need for development of setups alone just make it uninteresting. Though that is a big issue I do have with sim racing in general. I am a driver. I like working on cars, but setup stuff has never appealed to me. I have no interest in the engineering side of racing. Why I’ll be usually the one to ask about brake bias for FIA races. I’m so uninterested almost to be detriment of my results.

How are the competitive servers on ACC? I still have less than 70 SA so i cant access it. Are competitive servers full?

I haven’t played in months. When I went in it seemed like the races were minimum hour long or something too...Tbh it’s been a while. I know it certainly wasn’t anything I was interested in. A race that’s longer than 30 minutes or so online just isn’t my preference, and the lobby system in it shoot I had barely any lobbies inside 500 ms ping.
The games just not for me, not on console anyways, not when there’s so many better options for MY personal taste.
Cheers

Last edited:
There’s also a million different settings you have to fiddle with to get your car working, and then you have to tune your car, per track, per conditions.
All that stuff is there if you want to spend time with it, but you really really don't need to mess with much. I find the default aggressive setup is very good for basically every car, all I ever do is adjust the tire pressures for the conditions and tweak the balance with the anti-roll bars. 3-5 laps to dial the car in the way I like and then drive.

All that stuff is there if you want to spend time with it, but you really really don't need to mess with much. I find the default aggressive setup is very good for basically every car, all I ever do is adjust the tire pressures for the conditions and tweak the balance with the anti-roll bars. 3-5 laps to dial the car in the way I like and then drive.

My issue is, I don’t want to drive a car that’s not been optimized, so I “have” to set it up properly in order to use it, or it will drive me nuts knowing I’m leaving time out there. I just bought the Coach Dave setups for my car of choice though, I can’t be bothered with spending hours setting up a car to each track/conditions.

My issue is, I don’t want to drive a car that’s not been optimized, so I “have” to set it up properly in order to use it, or it will drive me nuts knowing I’m leaving time out there. I just bought the Coach Dave setups for my car of choice though, I can’t be bothered with spending hours setting up a car to each track/conditions.

That sounds like a real racer thing there. “Yeah, car was trash, but we got a... uh... a new engineer.”

I find phyiscs in ACC better than in GT sport, it actually makes gt sport kinda arcady after trying Acc. I find it really hard to adjust again for GT sport. What do you prefer?

Physics, force feedback, sounds, player ratings and penalty system are superior but I still went back to GTS.

It lacks polish, car variety (only has Gr.3 and Gr.4 with DLC) and scheduled racing. I'm primarily a 'pick up and play' player and GTS easily fits that criteria. Knowing that everyone is running under the same BoP without tuning to give an edge over others makes the game more competitive and fun too.

Last edited:
I played ACC online once. It was fun, but I didn't continue because I "need to set up each car". I mainly play that game offline, like what I used to do for all Gran Turismo games: Custom races.

It's kind of ironic that Gran Turismo is the most I play online due to it's lack of offline playability. All other racing games I play, those are my go to for that offline joy.

Playing GT offline, is moreso to buy or be luckily gifted cars to use. The other games don't require cars to be purchased in game. Players do purchase the DLC, which are how those games make their money.

The main thing about physics, I don't set up my cars for each track. I use a DS4 and learn to adapt with the default car set up. The development team of ACC, actually gave controller players plug n play controller settings. The way TCS and ABS work, the cars aren't handicapped. It's more traction control than stability control(the way GTS seems to work).

So, yeah, PD got the ease of online play right. I don't know if the casual player cares about each car having different characteristics. Maybe a casual player just wants to drive their favorite car and cars they will never drive in real life.
However, all players that do want to experience the closest bit of driving(on console) to real physics, that's what ACC deliver.

Last edited:
I spent $2500 dollars on suspension upgrades 42 years ago. Ya gotta make it do want you want. I still hate driving a Porsche.

ACC’s physics are really good, too bad it runs at like 20-30 fps on my console while GTS is around 60. I still prefer GT because of this.
Oh, I'm definitely not sugar coating ACC graphics. That's its only caveat on console. As far as controller settings and help, the gtp commmnity are good for that assistance.

How are competitive servers in ACC on console? I still havent unlocked them. Are they full in all 5 races a day?

If pure realism is what you're after then ACC will feel better (more realistic). But of course the word 'better' is subjective.

GT Sport does a good job of being at least somewhat accessible to a beginner whilst still having some elements of realism and taking a long time to master.

I watched an in depth interview with “worlds fastest gamer”
He is driving gt3 cars irl this year. He mentioned that like on F1 esports it REQUIRES an unhealthy time investment to compete at highest level due to time needing to be spent on setup on F1, and even setup exploit.
Every game that has setup then has setup exploits.
The kid I saw interviewed was very bright he said he would prefer getting setup out of it and making it about driving.
He did say ACC was his favorite but he plays on a dd wheel in full vr on pc.
He’s not playing 30fps with fuzzy graphics on console.
Me? No interest in trying to race people whose car can run 2-4 seconds faster just by setup.
I’m not bored enough to twiddle that much tbh.

Last edited:
I watched an in depth interview with “worlds fastest gamer”
He is driving gt3 cars irl this year. He mentioned that like on F1 esports it REQUIRES an unhealthy time investment to compete at highest level due to time needing to be spent on setup on F1, and even setup exploit.
Every game that has setup then has setup exploits.
The kid I saw interviewed was very bright he said he would prefer getting setup out of it and making it about driving.
He did say ACC was his favorite but he plays on a dd wheel in full vr on pc.
He’s not playing 30fps with fuzzy graphics on console.
Me? No interest in trying to race people whose car can run 2-4 seconds faster just by setup.
I’m not bored enough to twiddle that much tbh.
That happens in GT Sport as well. I'm competitive, but still about 2 seconds slower than the top players in Free Practice. That's WITHOUT setting up any one car. When I tune cars, I tune to my comfort level. Not to be the optimum for everyone to use. So, with these TTs, I may be handicapping myself. but we all have different paths to achieving fun.

I found that on ACC at least the set ups are adjusted for each car and track, and the baseline safe and aggressive settings whilst not perfect are fine. You might find a second per lap with the perfect set over the stock settings but it's not gonna give you a massive advantage. A lot of people think set up is everything in ACC but the truth is the quick guys are just quick.
GTS on the other hand all the settings in a class are exactly the same between cars and not optimised per circuit so actually IMO that game needs more set up work than ACC.
But again the quick guys are just quick. It's too easy to blame set up for average skills.

I find the driving experience boring with GTS, the physics and FFB are just too simplistic and the track surface feels perfectly smooth. I enjoy the private lobby races tho and obviously the graphics are better.
ACC driving experience is way better than GTS for me. I can easily hot lap for an hour trying to chase a few tenths on ACC, I def can't do that in GTS. The graphics don't bother me, I'm much happier running a better sim.

Swapping between the two, you can drive with bad habits in GTS and it's fine but you'll get punished in ACC. It's much easier to drive GTS after ACC than to try ACC after GTS.

Last edited:
but we all have different paths to achieving fun.

Yep. Because of this thread I turned ACC on during prime gaming time last night. Ghost town.
For me, For me the ffb felt good. The cars were very easy to drive. The crummy graphics really mess with my immersion though, and I can’t shake the thought of “why bother getting good at a game almost no one plays”
For me, fun is racing other humans.
For me graphics are extremely important and good ones create immersion of me into the game. For me in ACC it’s not a sim on console because while playing it it always looks like a game-no immersion for me. In GTS, cockpit, headphones on, my large tv right in front of me, HUD off, nighttime lights off in room, racing real people, the immersion/excitement is very high. For me immersion=fun. That’s why I play.
Dirt Rally 2 creates great immersion fun for me. ACC doesn’t. Project Cars2 does on certain combos when you get the seating position fov, speed settings, when all that stuff aligns on certain combos it’s got awesome immersion too (Penske Camaro Big Willow night omg or some of the kart circuits) that’s the only game for circuit racing I’ve played that immersed me vs computer.
For me I feel ACC needs to be played on pc or something. I can’t get immersed in it, but the ffb feels good-the driving is nice and easy but for me no immersion, no one to play, no fun factor.
After being used to a quality finished polished product like a GTS or DR2 I just can’t find fun in ACC. It asks a lot like PC2 as far as setup even just getting the basic dadgum wheel rotation right, that’s basic, something so fundamental and they just leave you to fiddle. It’s annoying with no payoff. The cars in the mirror oh my goodness that’s immersion destruction, plus seeing video of it running on a 2000 dollar pc and looking at what you get on console imo you can see they just offered it as a cash grab to use the profit on pc.
Jmo

Edit DR2 I pay for dlc because the content is so good, the game is so good
I just laughed when I turned on ACC to try the gt4 and saw they were asking for money BAHAHA dream on! No way. Game off.

Last edited:
I found that on ACC at least the set ups are adjusted for each car and track, and the baseline safe and aggressive settings whilst not perfect are fine. You might find a second per lap with the perfect set over the stock settings but it's not gonna give you a massive advantage. A lot of people think set up is everything in ACC but the truth is the quick guys are just quick.
GTS on the other hand all the settings in a class are exactly the same between cars and not optimised per circuit so actually IMO that game needs more set up work than ACC.
But again the quick guys are just quick. It's too easy to blame set up for average skills.

I find the driving experience boring with GTS, the physics and FFB are just too simplistic and the track surface feels perfectly smooth. I enjoy the private lobby races tho and obviously the graphics are better.
ACC driving experience is way better than GTS for me. I can easily hot lap for an hour trying to chase a few tenths on ACC, I def can't do that in GTS. The graphics don't bother me, I'm much happier running a better sim.

Swapping between the two, you can drive with bad habits in GTS and it's fine but you'll get punished in ACC. It's much easier to drive GTS after ACC than to try ACC after GTS.

I’d call 1s a lap a pretty big deal, that’s 30s+ over a 30 lap race. And while GT’s setups are far from perfect, everyone has to run the same one, so it evens the field, car wise. I just prefer a driving competition over a tuning one is all. I don’t wanna hot lap anything for an hour, I just wanna get in and race. :)

Last edited:
Yeah I get that but I think you can still be competitive on stock tunes with ACC. If you spend a lot of time, you can maybe get that 1s advantage but most people can't, you can still jump on and just race. And you might end up with a very quick car that's right in the edge vs a slower but more stable car.
And if you're like me, you might even end up making the car worse so half the time I'm better off not doing any tuning outside of tyre pressures!!

Then again the same is true on GTS except that it seems even harder to tune to me and seems to follow physics and logic less (like some people post up ridiculous tunes that absolutely should not work and yet they do)

Last edited:
The track content that people have added in AC is what appeals to me. Runs rings around what PD have done
2 things to consider:
1. There are multiple as many "People" (modders) as there entire staff of PD.

2. When modders make the contents, they're are not bound with any of contracts set up by its track/manufacturer management. These are not a luxury for already established corporations (PD, SMS, T10, etc), mostly because most contracts targets more to those type of entities.

For fairness, PD should've been compared to other companies. But again, own franchise philosophies. GT may focus more on their qualities than others so that's why they're slower.

2 things to consider:
1. There are multiple as many "People" (modders) as there entire staff of PD.

2. When modders make the contents, they're are not bound with any of contracts set up by its track/manufacturer management. These are not a luxury for already established corporations (PD, SMS, T10, etc), mostly because most contracts targets more to those type of entities.

For fairness, PD should've been compared to other companies. But again, own franchise philosophies. GT may focus more on their qualities than others so that's why they're slower.

1. On sheer volume of tracks, sure. But it's not an excuse when one modder can generate a track like Deutschlandring, and have it look fantastic. Especially when you then look at tracks like Dragon Trail Gardens or St Croix, which graphically are not exceptional.

2. I don't see the contracts as an excuse either, PD choose to enter in to them, if that slows their ability to create tracks as a AAA developer, that is on them. But my concern is that there isn't nearly enough fictional tracks in the game, which aren't bound by contracts.

The fact that PD would rather an extra 1000 scapes than one extra track does irk me and I don't hide that I think their resources are seriously misdirected.

Back