Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
you know what cheeses me off about games today including this one, they release them not properly working then start selling DLC packs and the basic game dosent even work....seriously, how are they even allowed to get away with it..
Easy..

The PC version is in a great shape, with autorotation, VoF,motec files , UDP, keyboard/button box compatibly, working online driver swap and so on.
So Kunos simulazione that launch 1-2 or more updates every month add content trough DLC.

Consoles version is ported , developed and supported by D3T LTD (more guys than in Kunos studio) but are known for bad portings, slow support..
It's up to D3T to fix what they broke in the porting and it's up to them to get the consoles version up to date with the PC version (we are 7 core versions behind)

Why Kunos simulazione allows this? Cause the owner of Assetto Corsa is the company that owns Kunos simulazione since quite some years now, digital bros, that "pays" the development but can do with the Assetto Corsa brand outside PC all what they want.

So we can call it pure money grab.

Kunos always said that if the game can't run on minimal standards for them as 60fps they wouldn't even bother to port/versioned it for consoles...but they aren't the bosses anymore outside PC

Any good recent Wheel settings for the T150 on PS4? Since the last patch or at least within the last month? I see some online but they are from June when ACC came out, and a lot has changed since. Even a video explaining what exactly all the wheel settings mean and do would be helpful so I could try to tweak things and at least know what I'm tweaking. Thanks!

A bit of a noob question,but : apart from adjusting my fuel to the correct load,is there anything else i can do to the car straight away to get faster times? Anything tyre/brake/suspension releated?

A bit of a noob question,but : apart from adjusting my fuel to the correct load,is there anything else i can do to the car straight away to get faster times? Anything tyre/brake/suspension releated?

You got presets (normal, aggressive and wet) but you can make your own setup also adjusting brakes, aero, suspension, tyre pressure, electronics...

Why up to now after so many months from release (6 months) we can't be provided a way to adjust FOV on PS4 console? I don't get it. It was available on AC. Why up to now they can't release an update to adjust FOV on ACC?
I used to race cockpit view before but on ACC the default cockpit view leaves me wanting since I find the view through the windshield too narrow so no way to adjust it closer to have more view of the track as it should be with correct FOV. It's why I've turned to using bonnet view....which is not bad but I wish I had the option for correct FOV via cockpit view.
I wish they'd release an update for FOV adjustment on console already. It's way past time IMO especially for a version of the game that came out after AC.

Last edited:
It's a cheap company who ported it to console.. I gave up on getting FOV adjustment. I wont get any dlc
past the base game.

Just like Dirt Rally 2, I play it but put the least amount of money because neither was given FOV adj on console.

I had high hopes in the beginning but no longer.

It's a cheap company who ported it to console.. I gave up on getting FOV adjustment. I wont get any dlc
past the base game.

Just like Dirt Rally 2, I play it but put the least amount of money because neither was given FOV adj on console.

I had high hopes in the beginning but no longer.
Mind you I like the game eh and find it plays very good. I play online with a group of friends in lobby every week. Not being able to adjust FOV though is my pet peeve.

FOV on some cars in cockpit is bad. Like the M6. I just use hood cam. Kunos has had to trim this down for consoles a lot. Cut them some slack. This is a hardware issue. The PS4 is really underpowered for ACC. I'm happy to have it for PS4. i can't justify >$1k for a PC for one game.

Last edited:
FOV on some cars in cockpit is bad. Like the M6. I just use hood cam. Kunos has had to trim this down for consoles a lot. Cut them some slack. This is a hardware issue. The PS4 is really underpowered for ACC. I'm happy to have it for PS4. i can't justify >$1k for a PC for one game.
Yeah I'm happy to have it on PS4 also. And like you, I not putting out no $1k + for no PC either.
Now that PS5 is out I'm hoping they will have FOV adjustment available for it. Surely the PS5 could handle whatever.

Last edited:
So I recently upgraded my rig and bought Fanatec gear.
Today I spent the entire afternoon assigning all functions on the wheel (Formula V2) and wow :eek:
So much difference compared to my Thrustmaster T500 RS! It finally feels like I'm driving a proper sim now.
The input is amazing (no lag at all) and I actually feel what the car is doing.
That was some money well spent, now the only thing left is getting my hand on a PS5.

Merry Christmas dudes! :cheers:

I ran my first PS4 online race today using the quick match. 30 minutes at Spa at night in the GPX Porsche. That was more fun than expected.

I started 7th out of 10 cars. Two cars took each other out at turn one and I made it though cleanly up to 5th. 2 more crashed at Speaker's Corner and I was up to third while driving very conservatively. I managed to get up to the bumper of 2nd place but he made it very clear he would make multiple late blocks to keep his position. I dropped back a bit but tried to keep pressure on him. The leader had pulled away from us but spun at Campus allowing us the get past as he was getting back up to speed. The former leader was able to catch me and I let him past at Blanchimont. I figured let them take each other out and I'll just try to avoid mistakes. They did crash together with about 5 minutes left but only the car in second spun out, giving me second place. That's where I ended up finishing and I'm very happy with that. My pace wasn't great but I made no mistakes and kept it clean. I wish I had more time to play it and do it more often.

Last edited:
I ran my first PS4 online race today using the quick match. 30 minutes at Spa at night in the GPX Porsche. That was more fun than expected.

I started 7th out of 10 cars. Two cars took each other out at turn one and I made it though cleanly up to 5th. 2 more crashed at Speaker's Corner and I was up to third while driving very conservatively. I managed to get up to the bumper of 2nd place but he made it very clear he would make multiple late blocks to keep his position. I dropped back a bit but tried to keep pressure on him. The leader had pulled away from us but spun at Campus allowing us the get past as he was getting back up to speed. The former leader was able to catch me and I let him past at Blanchimont. I figured let them take each other out and I'll just try to avoid mistakes. They did crash together with about 5 minutes left but only the car in second spun out, giving me second place. That's where I ended up finishing and I'm very happy with that. My pace wasn't great but I made no mistakes and kept it clean. I wish I had more time to play it and do it more often.
Great strategy and racing man.

So, this is probably a me problem kind of thing but, im having a really hard time staying connected in quick play for multiplayer. I've been able to stay connected on any other games, and it was fine for the first couple months. I was just wondering if anybody else has been having a hard time staying connected in races?

Do we have any news on the dlc date yet? Is it January?

Mike, customer service from discord 505games said this on 4th January;

"Hi everyone! We're back; it was a nice break. There are new builds being tested by QA right now; I think they are targeting closer to the end of the month to roll them out, but I'll try to get better confirmation on that. No news on next-gen stuff, so please don't ask. LOL Just kidding. Anyway, hope everyone's having a nice 2021 so far."

And yesterday he added the following;

"OK, got some updates for what the patch addresses: Career mode trophies, replay/highlight saves, individual driver lap times in timetables, timetable overview in replay, SAS display to some interiors, car skin loading fix, pit stop MFD improvements, full track map, UI improvements, button mapping fixed, Logi/TM SDKs updated, possibly more... this is not complete! But it should give you some stuff to chew on. "

One of the members asked to Mike if the 2020 season DLC will come together with the patch,and Mike responded the following;

"If I'm not mistaken, it should be around the same time as the patch. But again, I don't have anything in terms of dates for certain, so that's just my best guess."

Mike, customer service from discord 505games said this on 4th January;

"Hi everyone! We're back; it was a nice break. There are new builds being tested by QA right now; I think they are targeting closer to the end of the month to roll them out, but I'll try to get better confirmation on that. No news on next-gen stuff, so please don't ask. LOL Just kidding. Anyway, hope everyone's having a nice 2021 so far."

And yesterday he added the following;

"OK, got some updates for what the patch addresses: Career mode trophies, replay/highlight saves, individual driver lap times in timetables, timetable overview in replay, SAS display to some interiors, car skin loading fix, pit stop MFD improvements, full track map, UI improvements, button mapping fixed, Logi/TM SDKs updated, possibly more... this is not complete! But it should give you some stuff to chew on. "

One of the members asked to Mike if the 2020 season DLC will come together with the patch,and Mike responded the following;

"If I'm not mistaken, it should be around the same time as the patch. But again, I don't have anything in terms of dates for certain, so that's just my best guess."

Thats good news.

You should see about asking if they're ever gonna fix the still terrible headlights

Thats good news.

You should see about asking if they're ever gonna fix the still terrible headlights

It has been asked quite some times, together with keyboard compatibility, VoF and camera settings and others, but no answer on them.

I don't expect more improvement in headlights, they take rain phisycs and graphics details away and dynamic track surface texture blackering /rubbering away for the little to none improvement we get.

And no news for a next gen consoles upgrade patch either,also quite asked since a time

Back