IZOD IndyCar Series | Champions - JoeOfTheFire & Team Penske

  • Thread starter Thread starter cgr-10
  • 1,454 comments
  • 61,014 views

Where should we go for Round 7?


  • Total voters
    15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant mate, the rookie races are a bit messy so I'm just trying to move up through the licences. It's an awesome simulator 👍
 
Ah nice one, my setup felt brilliant aswell. Really feeling good for the season, got a great team-mate and I've had plenty of pre-season practice 👍

EDIT: Added a video of last year's crazy Indy 500 finish to the OP in case anybody didn't see it.

That video brings me to tears. Still can't believe he's gone.

On a side note, wait until you can get in the IndyCar on iRacing. They're awesome.
 
That video brings me to tears. Still can't believe he's gone.

On a side note, wait until you can get in the IndyCar on iRacing. They're awesome.

I know mate, especially hearing him shout down the radio after he passed Hildebrand, quite moving.

Think they're Class C for the fixed set-up series, should be awesome :D
 
I have a setup, but I'm not sure if it will translate to the new build as it is quite old. I don't have iRacing anymore.

I can tell you however, the trick to getting the most on the ovals, increase the vertical wicker height and it will allow you to drastically drop the rear wing angle and keep the stability of the car ;)
 
found a preview of the new dlc test track
 
Well at class C you can only run fixed setup IndyCar, but when I get to B I'll start worrying about setup.

Think I saw that earlier smuffy. I think transmission would have to be unlimited to run there :lol: How fast do you reckon these IndyCars would go at 900+bhp with unrestricted transmission in a draft train? :dopey:
 
Think I saw that earlier smuffy. I think transmission would have to be unlimited to run there :lol: How fast do you reckon these IndyCars would go at 900+bhp with unrestricted transmission in a draft train? :dopey:

Personaly dont know but i would like proper indycars in a future dlc.
I would get iracing but i dont know if i would have enough time to play.
 
It's 12 dollars (around 8 quid) for three months at the moment on a deal, I thought I might as well give it a go. It's a bit of a learning curve with the car physics but great fun.

And I remember there were rumours of IndyCars in the game pre-release but they turned out to be false :(
 
That's terrible.. I got 501kph out of a X2011 or X2010 at SSR7.

May have to bring back Formula X1 from last year... :sly:
 
May have to bring back Formula X1 from last year... :sly:

Count me out, I get no pleasure at all from driving those things :lol:

I did the Indy 500 in one and it was the most boring two hours of my life. Why didn't they make that enduro use FGT's instead of LMP's? :confused:
 
Count me out, I get no pleasure at all from driving those things :lol:

I did the Indy 500 in one and it was the most boring two hours of my life. Why didn't they make that enduro use FGT's instead of LMP's? :confused:

And Nurb 24 hours with LMP's?
 
And Nurb 24 hours with LMP's?

I can kind of understand that. LMP's would have been arguably more interesting but the real life event is only run with GT cars so I can see their reasoning.

Sticking a few LMP's on an oval for 500 miles at the world's most famous open-wheel racing venue when you have an open wheel car in the game however, is not :dunce:
 
Sticking a few LMP's on an oval for 500 miles at the world's most famous open-wheel racing venue when you have an open wheel car in the game however, is not :dunce:

Polyphony doesn't have a license to do Indy cars me thinks.... Maybe with FGTs it would have looked strangely like an Indy car race giving them the urge to sue or something. :(

Not that there aren't plenty of unlicensed things you can do, the Ferrari F1 versus all other cars glitch. :sly:
 
Polyphony doesn't have a license to do Indy cars me thinks.... Maybe with FGTs it would have looked strangely like an Indy car race giving them the urge to sue or something. :(

Not that there aren't plenty of unlicensed things you can do, the Ferrari F1 versus all other cars glitch. :sly:

It does seem strange that they couldn't make the effort, especially after their NASCAR collaboration and the fact they included Indianapolis in the game. And anyway the last IndyCar racing game was made years ago & iRacing's licence with Dallara isn't exclusive.

💡

C'mon PD, give us IndyCar and some more ovals in GT6!
 
It does seem strange that they couldn't make the effort, especially after their NASCAR collaboration and the fact they included Indianapolis in the game. And anyway the last IndyCar racing game was made years ago & iRacing's licence with Dallara isn't exclusive.

💡

C'mon PD, give us IndyCar and some more ovals in GT6!

I would love an indycar dlc. Would drive it more than anny other car, and they sound quite nice in cockpit view too.
 
IndyCar would have made more sense financially for PD but they always F$%# everything up. Only one model, and they could have focused on skins instead of scanning 3 different cup cars. Idiots.
 
I would love an indycar dlc. Would drive it more than anny other car, and they sound quite nice in cockpit view too.

The new DW12 IndyCar would be awesome, there's a separate oval and road version now. My dream two car DLC :p

EDIT: Completely agree LV, same with Super GT and WRC. They modelled 3-4 cars for each and neglected IndyCar which would have been an easier option.
 
That's terrible.. I got 501kph out of a X2011 or X2010 at SSR7.

Well, the X2010 has less power than the X2011, and I imagine they were using a stock version of the car which has some added aero.
 
Well, the X2010 has less power than the X2011, and I imagine they were using a stock version of the car which has some added aero.

Imagine the draft :drool:
 
Anyway, got a question for you Joe since you are IndyCar's official tester and statistic machine ;)

What do you reckon the theoretical top speed of an unlimited FGT would be in the draft on a 12km straight? Definitely 260-70+ I think, if not more.
 
Anyway, got a question for you Joe since you are IndyCar's official tester and statistic machine ;)

What do you reckon the theoretical top speed of an unlimited FGT would be in the draft on a 12km straight? Definitely 260-70+ I think, if not more.

280 I think, 310 with draft. This based on Nissan R92CP doing 245 on its own and hitting 275 in draft...
 
It's just for racing to be at all interesting I think the cars would have to be still climbing in speed past the 6km mark, Otherwise you'll just be bouncing off the limiter for half the lap. I'll be straight on to test when I get home on Tuesday night, debating whether to simply add a date or replace one of the current tracks on schedule, leaning towards the former.
 
TomMcD
It's just for racing to be at all interesting I think the cars would have to be still climbing in speed past the 6km mark, Otherwise you'll just be bouncing off the limiter for half the lap. I'll be straight on to test when I get home on Tuesday night, debating whether to simply add a date or replace one of the current tracks on schedule, leaning towards the former.

Whole lap every lap.. The turns are outrageously banked so no speed would be lost in them.. I'd say with full length gearbox set to about 400? (If possible) 350 would be possible through cars passing and re-passing each other in draft. I'd say a X2011 would nearly hit 400 in a draft of another X2011 with both gearbox's maxed out and slipstream on high.
 
I suppose the effect of getting to the front of the pack, then losing speed and being overtaken by drafting cars would make for a constantly shifting pack and quite close racing. I think it will warrant a test after the Indy 200 next Friday 👍
 
TomMcD
I suppose the effect of getting to the front of the pack, then losing speed and being overtaken by drafting cars would make for a constantly shifting pack and quite close racing. I think it will warrant a test after the Indy 200 next Friday 👍

Or before? :dopey:
 
Yeah possibly, I can't do too late on weeknights so if anybody is around at 8-9GMT on Wednesday or Thursday I'll happily test for a while :)
 
TomMcD
Yeah possibly, I can't do too late on weeknights so if anybody is around at 8-9GMT on Wednesday or Thursday I'll happily test for a while :)

I'll try to have it by then. Anyway a tenner ain't that much :D
 
I'll try to have it by then. Anyway a tenner ain't that much :D

Agreed, and you can even buy the track separately for the minuscule price of three pounds and nineteen pence :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back