Jacnob's Garage Updated 1/25/14 with Revised RX7 Requests Welcome

• Thread starter jacnob
  • 27 comments
United States
Auburn
PDCrocks
NiiGokki
2ngsxau.jpg

Hello everyone, and welcome to my new(b) garage! I've been enjoying GT6 for a while, but now with the new payouts I can try my hand at tuning! I'm (as hopefully the (b) clued you into) still figuring out how to tune and what-not, so please keep that in mind if something doesn't work or something; I've made sure to drive each one before and after tuning them so that shouldn't happen, but you never know. I appreciate feedback and criticism, but please be constructive with it!

I'm going to try to update this thread mostly on Fridays for all you peeps with work (and myself with school)

All of the tunes I'll post will be tuned with a DFGT, in a Arcade-Mode time trial, and with none of the aids on except ABS 1 unless otherwise stated :)

And if you're wondering why I tune its simple: For Fun and Profit

Tunes:
(400PP) Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited Supercharger '86 -Takeru-
(500PP) Toyota Supra SZ-R '97 -Haruhi-
(450PP) Toyota COROLLA LEVIN GT APEX (AE86) '83 -Haruka-
(550PP) Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A -Ryu-

W.I.Ps
Mazda RX7 Touring Car -Senketsu- I couldn't figure out how to improve it :lol:
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. EDITION Special Color Package '99 "Asuka"

To-Do List:
-Get a cooler name
-Get these tunes into documents
-Get a cool(-ish) banner
-Upload Pictures

-Not forget about this :lol:

Last edited:
(400PP) Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited Supercharger '86 -Takeru- (12-24-13)

wlvv2w.jpg

Stats:
176 HP @ 6800 RPM
162.1 ft-lb @ 5000 RPM
1070 KG

Parts to Purchase:
Tires - F: Comfort Softs R: Sports Hards
Full Custom Suspension
Racing Brakes
Full Custom LSD
Racing Exhaust
Sports Cat.
Isometric Exhaust Manifold

Now the tune!
Suspension Settings:
Ride Height - F&R: 90"
Spring Rate - F: 3.28 R: 4.55
Dampers (compression) - F&R: 3
Dampers (extention) - F&R: 3
Anti Roll Bars - F:4 R:3
Camber - F: .3 R: .5
Toe - F: .10 R: .35

LSD Settings:
Intial - 10
Accel. - 15
Deaccel. - 10

Brake Balance - F:7 R:3

Limiter:
99.1 % (for that nice round PP figure)

Notes:
This is my first tune that I actually put some work into; it handles quite nicely IMO. The reason I left the transmission stock was because this was (originally) intended to match up with my dad's MR2 that he had in the '90s (it was unfortunately totaled when a lady ran a red light right into him :nervous:) I tuned this at Trial Mountain; the best lap I managed was a 1.41.447 which is O.K I guess. This car was also tuned on custom wheels.

Last edited:
(500PP) Toyota Supra SZ-R '97 -Haruhi- (12-24-13)

fejwq0.jpg

Specs:
383 HP @ 7100 RPM
315.1 ft-lb @ 5500 RPM
1203 KG

Parts List:
Tires: S.S (all-around)
Suspension - Full Custom
Brakes - Racing
Transmission - Full Custom
LSD - Full Custom
Clutch - Triple Plate
Driveshaft - Carbon
Engine Tune - Stage III
ECU - Sports
Exhaust - Titanium Racing
Manifold - Isometric
Cat. - Sports
Intake - Tuned
Weight Reduction - Stage III

The Tune

Transmission:
Top Speed - 168 mph / 270 kph
Final - 3.800
1st - 3.300
2nd - 2.330
3rd - 1.650
4th - 1.310
5th - 1.090
6th - 0.880

LSD:
Initial- 15
Accel - 20
Deaccel - 15

Limiter:
97.5 % (for that nice round PP number)

Brakes:
F:4 R:6 (experimenting here; use what ever numbers you like)

Suspension:
Ride Height - 75"
Spring Rates - F: 5.98 R: 7.51
Dampers (compression) - F&R: 4
Dampers (extension) - F&R: 5
Anti-Roll Bars - F:3 R:5
Camber - F:1.8 R:2.0
Toe - F: -.20 R: -.25

Notes:
This is my first "full" tune in GT6. My goal with Haruhi here was to make a highly responsive car for tighter tracks, and I think I succeeded. The S.S tires are probably overkill; I haven't tried it yet but S.H tires will probably get the job done. I managed a 1.35.429 around Trial Mountain in this car. Custom wheels were on when I tuned this; may be a bit faster on the stock ones.

Last edited:
(450PP) Toyota COROLLA LEVIN GT APEX (AE86) '83 -Haruka-

28iui34.jpg

Specs:
250 HP
940 KG

Parts:
Full Custom Suspension
Racing Brakes
Full Custom Transmission
Full Custom LSD
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Driveshaft
Stage 1 Engine Tuning
Sports ECU
Sports Cat.
Racing Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Supercharger
Sports Hard Tires at all four corners

Settings:
Suspension:
Ride Height - F&R:90
Spring Rates - F:3.80 R:4.60
Dampers (compression and extension) - F&R: 4
Anti Roll Bars - F&R: 4
Camber - F: 1.7 R: 2.0
Toe Angle - F: -.10 R: .30

Transmission:
Top Speed 155 MPH
Final Gear: 4.230
1st: 3.120
2nd: 2.220
3rd: 1.650
4th: 1.300
5th: 1.060
6th: 0.900

LSD:
Inital - 10
Accel. - 20
Braking - 10

Limit Power to 99.4% so we get 450PP even.

Notes:
Not really much for me to say on this one, tuned at Bathurst/Mt. Panorama; I got a 2.38.219 (on cold tires) and I know there is at-least another second in this car. I'm also a (at-best) meh driver, so YMMV. Feel free to ignore those Brake Balance settings as-well;I was just goofing around on ABS on as usual and that seemed to work decently enough.

Changelog:
1/15/14 - Spring Rates Updated

Last edited:
Quick bumpdate; I plan on having the Evo done by Thursday of this week (this is a note to myself as much as a notification of progress :lol:)

Okay, the AYC glitch is really killing all motivation I had to work on the Evo; I'm going to wait on that until the stupid thing is patched.

I'll find something to work on for now, but until its fixed the Evo is on the backburner (as-if anyone cared)

Well, I can't fulfill a request without information right?

So after that whole thing with the EVO, I've decided to replace it with a tune for an AE86 that isn't for drifting (all I've seen for the car so far). I'll put it in the spot I reserved for the EVO, and give it a Japanese name. I'm leaning towards Haruka, because it can mean "distant" which is what the driver will (hopefully) be from his/her/its opponents.

Updated!

EDIT: I promise I'll do something that isn't a Toyota next time :lol:

Last edited:
I like what I see. I haven't tried any of your tunes yet, but I will to give you some feedback. Fyi, the weight of the corolla levin is 940kg. If you want to get a cooler garage name, think about what your goals are with it.

^Correction made; thanks for the info 👍 As far as goals, I don't really have any :lol: I'm just doing it for the LULZ I suppose.

Looking forward to getting some more feedback aswell :)

Also, I think you have the wrong engine stage marked. Stage 3 makes 251hp and 451pp without the limiter change.

^Hold on, I'll double check; that should be correct because I directly copied it last night, but sometimes I can't read my own handwriting :dunce:

EDIT: Yup, I used stage 1 for some reason.

My feedback on the levin is that is is a little loose and wild, for my style at least. I think stiffening the springs and dampeners to match would make it handle corners better. Still a fun tune to drive.

^Always appreciate feedback 👍 I still have some refinements that I need to do with that one, but overall I'm pleased with it.

One other thing I should mention is shift early with the supercharger to hit the power band and go faster.

I'm still here guys (what few of you read this); I haven't really felt motivated to do this lately, but I'm back for now. I'm working on a two tunes for the RX7 ; Ryuuko and Senketsu (with Senketsu being the more powerful of the two of course)

EDIT: I've updated Haruka's spring rates!

Last edited:
I'm still here guys (what few of you read this); I haven't really felt motivated to do this lately, but I'm back for now. I'm working on a two tunes for the RX7 ; Ryuuko and Senketsu (with Senketsu being the more powerful of the two of course)

EDIT: I've updated Haruka's spring rates!
You'd be surprised. The vast majority of people who use the tunes here are either lurkers or don't even have an account. I myself used the GT5 tuning forum for nearly a year before I joined, and I've only started contributing with GT6. Towards the end of GT5 era even folks like Dr. Slump and Mad Finn Tuners were only getting a reply or two per page of tunes. Yet I'd be willing to bet that dozens, maybe even hundreds of people were using those tunes per week.

(550PP) Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A -Ryu-

b3n7so.jpg

Stats:
455HP
1270 KG (maintains 50/50 distribution)
Power-to-Weight Ratio of 2.79 kg/HP

Parts Needed:
Oil Change
Flat Floors
Engine Tuning (Stage I)
Sports ECU
Racing Exhaust
Sports Cat.
Intake Tuning
Full Customize Suspension
Racing Brakes
Full Custom Gearbox
Full Custom LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft

Tune:
Engine Limiter to 96%

Suspension:
Ride Height - Front and Rear: 85"
Spring Rate: Front-7.45 Rear-8.75
Dampers (Compression) - Front and Rear: 3
Dampers (Extension) - Front and Rear: 4
Anti-Roll Bars - Front and Rear: 3
Camber Angle - Front and Rear: 0
Toe Angle - Front: -.05 Rear: +.20

Brakes:
Brake Balance - Front: 5 Rear: 4 (again, use your preferred settings)

Transmission:
Top Speed to 180 MPH
Final Gear to 4.340
1st - 2.980
2nd - 2.040
3rd - 1.500
4th - 1.130
5th - 0.920
6th - 0.780

LSD:
Initial - 10
Accel. - 15
Braking - 15

Notes:
Lovely handling on this one, and it now tops out around 170MPH. I managed a 7.52.902 around the 'Ring; in the real world that is in Gallardo and Ford GT territory. I'm not a good driver either, and I know that I could've managed at least another 2 seconds, so I'm certain that someone could get at least a 7.50.

Changelog:
1/25/14 - Revised Spring Rate, Anti-Roll Bars, Brake Balance, and Camber Angle

Last edited:
Notes to Self:

-Retake RX7 image so that it isn't so blurry
-Stop giving all the cars female names :lol:

How are you getting 250 HP on the AE86? With the parts listed mine gets 235

Most likely I forgot to note an oil change or something. I don't recall doing that though, and I've triple-checked this...

EDIT: Looks like I forgot to note the Sports ECU upgrade :dunce: Correction made!

Last edited:
I haven't forgotten about this (really), but my PS3 HDD crashed so I don't have my save for now (I have a backup, but my 'net at home is sat. and the save is post 1.03)

I should be able to get things sorted within the next week though.

Back