RAZR's lapboard and car review thread (Ford GT by JTQ and Vantage GT3 by Real Replica reviewed 2/27)

• Thread starter RAZRr1275
  • 111 comments
RAZRr1275
So I'm normally a time trial driver when I'm done with career and since the tunes are starting to flow I'll use this thread to keep track of my laptimes. Some cars will be tuned and others will be stock. I'll keep those leaderboards separate. I'll be using mostly the Nurburgring Nordschleife configuration although some other tracks can slip in. I'll use the first post for laptimes and then I'll link to reviews that will be located in other posts in the first as well. I'll put an asterisk next to times that I think could be faster. The links in this post go to the reviews and from the reviews you can find the links to the tunes themselves.

Probably should add this clarification - All tunes are tested using ABS 1 on a DFGT

Stock Car/Race Car Leaderboard

Nurburgring Nordschleife

1) Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 by Ridox Replica Tunes (618PP, RH) - 6:44.671
2) Pagani Zonda R - 6:49.455 (630PP, Racing Hards) * was a bit more gentle than I had to be
3) SRT Viper GT3-R by Real Replica Tunes (616PP, Racing Hards) - 6:50.442
4) Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3 by Real Replica Tunes (600PP, RH) - 6:52.827
5) Ford RS200 Rally Car - 7:00.293 (530PP, Racing Hards)
6) Mini John Cooper Works '08 by Real Replica Tunes (424PP, Racing Hards) - 7:57.797
7) Mitsubishi FTO GR '94 Stock (388PP, Comfort Softs) - 8:57.564

Tuned Car Leaderboard

Nurburgring Nordschleife

1) Ford GT '06 by JTQ Tunes (600PP, SS) - 6:52.232
2) JTQ Tunes Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07 tune (600 PP, Sports Softs) - 7:06.542
3) Lexus ISF Nurburgring Package '12 - (547 PP, SH) - 7:24.033
4 '14 Caterham 7 Superlight R500 by Real Replica Tunes (591PP, SH) - 7:30.504
5) Top Fuel Turbo Monster Civic by Ridox Replica Tunes (526PP, SM) - 7.42.402
6) Toyota Supra SZ-R '97 "Haruhi" by Jacnob (501PP, Sorts Softs) - 7:46.548
7) JTQ Tunes Lotus Elise 11 (500PP, Sports Hards) - 7:51.641
8) Acura NSX Type R '02 by Motor City Tunes (469PP, Comfort softs) - 7:58.981
9) Suburu BRZ S '12 by Penso's Garage (450 PP, Sports Hards) - 7:59.288
10) Toyota 86 GT '12 by Motor City Tunes (450PP, Sports Hards) - 7:59.789
11) Pedders Holden Commodore SS by Ridox Replica Tunes (Tech setup 476PP SH) - 8:15.591
12) Pedders Holden Commodore SS by Ridox Replica Tunes (Fast setup 476PP SH) - 8:15.787
13) J's Racing Honda S2000 '06 by RIDOX Replica Tunes (487 PP, Comfort Softs) - 8:22.966
14) Zeek Tuned MR2 GTS by RIDOX Replica Tunes (503PP, Comfort Softs) - 8:32.096 *
15) Mitsubishi FTO GR'94 by Ridox Replica Tunes (416PP, Comfort Softs) - 8:47.463
16) Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited Super Charger '86 by Jacnob (394PP,CS front SH rear -8:51.551

Bathurst

Stock Car/Race Car Leaderboard

1) Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca '00 by JTQ Tunes (616PP, RH) - 2:00.986
2) Audi R8 LMS Ultra '12 by Ridox Replica Tunes (599PP, RH) - 2:08.244
3) 2000 Ford Falcon XR8 (594PP, RH) - 2:08.871

Tuned Car Leaderboard

1) Lotus Espirit 350 '00 by LazyDonkey (550PP, SS) - 2:10.427
2) Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A '02 by LazyDonkey (550PP, SS) - 2:11.825
3) Lexus IS-F 07 by LazyDonkey's Ultimate (550PP, SS) - 2:14.749
4) SRT Viper Venom 600 GTS by Ridox Replica Tunes (591PP, CS) - 2:20.499
5) '13 RUF 3800S by Real Replica Tunes (507PP, SH) - 2:20.781
6) Hyundai Genesis Track '13 "Kimchi Express" by Clueless Tunes (494PP, SH) - 2:25.226
7) "Valkyrie" Audi TTS by Clueless Tunes (450PP, SH) - 2:30.674
8) BEE Racing R32 GTR '89 by Ridox Replica Tunes (486 PP, CS) - 2:32.364
9) Haruka AE86 Levin by Jacnob (450PP, SH) - 2:33.483

Trial Mountain (for Togue cars only)

1) Nissan GTR Black Edition "Top Secret" version 2 by S.T.S (550PP, SH) - 1:34.325
2) Nissan GTR Black Edition "Top Secret" version 1 by STS (550PP, SH) - 1:36.564
3) Honda CRX '90 "Mighty Mouse" by S.T.S (450PP, SH) - 1:42.135

Last edited:
The first tune review I'm going to do is of the Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited Supercharger '86 tuned by Jacnob

I sort of had a bit of a love hate relationship with this tune. It's pretty neutral under normal conditions which makes you feel confident when driving it. Much more confident than I stock MR2. The problem is that with the tire staggering the rear has more grip than the front which creates two issues.

1) When at the limit due to the high grip that neutrality turns into understeer which I'm not totally a fan of

and

2) Once those sports hards in the back lose grip you have a really slow drift starting

Those two things mean that you're not always sure what to do with the car. Since it's a car that oversteers by nature when I plug into a corner I'm not sure if I'm going to understeer mid corner or oversteer. I can say that the oversteer seems to be tied a bit to corners with elevation/surface change such as the Carousel. It tends to understeer in high speed corners.

It's obviously a fast tune to be able to break the 9 minute barrier with only 176 bhp but it's not always the most pleasing drive. I just didn't feel as in touch with the car as I'd like. In addition I feel that sometimes it doesn't transfer weight well. It feels as if it's on rails (that is until it surprises you and isn't) but I don't get the feeling of diving into a corner, feeling the weight move, and carrying that weight through the corner that I'd like.

The second part isn't so much an issue with the tune as it is my expectations. It doesn't really feel like an MR2 anymore. I'm was expecting something kinda snappy, oversteery etc but instead this tune is generally fairly composed and almost heavy feeling. When you correct it isn't a one quick jerk and you have traction sort of thing more than it is a long fight with the car. It handles like a race car until the characteristics of a street car start to surface which just makes it a bit strange of a driving experience.

Last edited:
The second review for the day is the JTQ tunes 430 Scuderia

This tune is extremely fast. Super responsive. Mostly neutral with a slight inclination to oversteer which I prefer. Throttle oversteer is not a problem with this tune and lift off oversteer is just light enough that it can be used to stick the nose down in a turn but not destabilize it enough to spin. It's really a fantastic tune other than one problem.

It's scary. Really scary. It's a really stiff car which created some interesting moments on the ring and it tends to snap oversteer when it gets unstable. Kerbs have to be avoided and you have to tread extremely lightly with throttle/break/steering inputs when going over bumps otherwise you're going to end up in a wall. Every bit of feedback goes straight into the wheel as well so you're 100% going to get jerked around on a bumpy track such as the ring.

Last edited:
The third review for the day is the Toyota Supra SZ-R '97 "Haruhi" by Jacnob

I really enjoyed driving this tune. It's soft enough that there weren't any crazy moments taking it around the 'ring. It's very responsive to steering input so I was able to brake late, dive in, and accelerate out quite well. I will say that the car isn't super responsive to trail braking as it likes to understeer if you do more than one input at once. It's really a very tame, fast car that's a treat to drive. It's not without its quirks though.

One strange thing that I noticed is that it seems like the car rotates a bit too well. It feels like the front end gets bogged down in corners which causes the rears to spin a bit on exit trying to get the car moving again. This leads to a great initial turn in followed by scrubbing some speed on exit due to a bit of a very soft oversteer as the rear end rotates due to the wheels spinning. The front end sticks in the corner the entire time so it doesn't really affect the corner through the middle but I definitely lost out on exit due to this. That said, the same characteristic has its benefits - it meant that the car was very responsive to successive high speed corners in that it was able to plant, accelerate, and reorient its weight in the opposite direction very quickly and effectively while staying very controlled.

The second weird thing is related to the first -it has some trouble in low speed corners in that it has a bit of a tendency to understeer on entry, rotate mid corner, and then get bogged down on exit and oversteer a bit. Nothing terrible as it communicates in a very smooth fashion unlike the Scuderia that I reviewed earlier but it definitely has to be watched.

Last edited:
The last review of the night is for the Zeek Tuned MR2 GTS by RIDOX Replica Tunes

Where to start...... This is a car that will test your driving abilities. I will say that I can take a good 6-8 seconds off of that time and spent about 30 minutes attempting to but the car is extremely unstable. And extremely fun. It has two oversteer pedals, and an oversteer wheel as well to complete its design. It rotates absolutely beautifully but when on the ring that's a tad of a problem.

It doesn't like high speed cornering very much so you end up correcting during high speed cornering which is alright. I only crashed a couple of times trying to do that. The problem however comes when a corner is on a bump because what tends to happen is that the rear slides out a bit to rotate around the corner, hits the bump and then the car is gone with no chance to recover.

Also the carousel is a bit of an issue as well as the oversteer tends to surface midway through. I found that the back end of the track wasn't a huge issue but front half drove the car absolutely mad. When it breaks traction you have a decent chance to recover because under normal conditions (no changes in surface) it actually oversteers quite smoothly with little to no snap and is a treat to drive. I'll just chalk this one up to a bad car/track combo.

Last edited:
@RAZRr1275 I definitely appreciate the feedback 👍 I'll see about changing the compounds on the MR2 and tweaking it accordingly.

Now I have a minor suggestion for your leader board; have you considered organizing it by the PP amount?

Last edited:
May be worth laying out like this
Time / PP / Tyres / Car / Tuner just some basic info like that, as there's no links that extra little info may lead people to go in search of said car by that tuner :)

May be worth laying out like this
Time / PP / Tyres / Car / Tuner just some basic info like that, as there's no links that extra little info may lead people to go in search of said car by that tuner :)
Sure I can do that - any suggestion for PP ranges that I should break it into?

Sure I can do that - any suggestion for PP ranges that I should break it into?
Probably be difficult and may find people say that car should not be grouped with that PP range and so on and so on and suddenly you decide it may be better to play Forza instead :) Just go as you are with a fast to slow LB, not to difficult for people to point a finger and follow the list down to find any car they may be looking for.
It's good to see things like this popping up in the tuning section and makes for a good addition,
keep up the good work,

cheers Bee9

For breaking things into PP the typical groupings used in GT5 and still getting used for now are 400, 450, 500, 550, 600, 650, 700, 750.
Of course you'll also find all sorts of other PP limits getting used regularly so the above just gives an easy break point for rough comparisons. The old Nürburgring Nordschleife lap time boards also placed restrictions on tires based on the above PP limits and car type.
How you decide to organize your board is up to you, but deciding on some sort of organization beyond just lap time may make it a bit easier for viewers to follow and get useful data from, especially as it fills up with more results.👍👍

After thinking about it a bit I'm not going to split the board anymore than it already is. What I will do however is specify PP and tire type as well as a link to the review on the board where the time is listed. I just think it's a bit more useful to see how everything stacks up together instead of seeing one car that dominates a PP range. If I just list you get the added impact of "x 450 PP car ranks higher on the board than y 550PP car" without having to negotiate different categories to figure out that information.

EDIT : I've reorganized everything in the first post and the tune reviews. Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
The first review for the day will be the Lotus Elise 11 tuned by JTQ Tunes

All I can say about this is wow. Only 5 seconds slower than a Supra tune of about the same PP with 80 more bhp (although the Supra is about 400 kg heavier) on Sports hards while the Supra is on softs. This thing is fast. There honestly isn't much to say here because I have little to no grievances with its handling. It's incredibly sharp so all you have to do is point it at a corner and go. It's fairly neutral if you don't push too hard with a slight inclination to oversteer at the limit which is what I prefer in a car. The suspension is stiff enough that you can feel the road but not so stiff that it gets unsettled by bumps. It's really just an absolute joy to drive. Very predictable with no unorthodox behavior during any part of a corner. The only fault is that the gearing is a tad strange with 5th being a bit short and I got caught between 3rd and 4th in a few sections but that's really the worst thing I can say about this car.

Last edited:
This review is for the Js Racing Honda S2000 by Ridox Replica Tunes

Well well, we have a new champion for cars on comfort softs by 10 seconds. Here's what makes it that way. It's razor sharp. Point it in a direction and it will go that way. It has an inclination to oversteer a bit mid corner and on exit when you give it more throttle but on exit it's super easy to correct and mid corner it is actually very useful because you can use this to throttle steer. Weight transfer is nice except for in esses or chicanes because it lags behind a bit which may cause some oversteer in between corners. Turn in is extremely sharp to the extent that in the carousel I had some issues spinning on a couple of laps because the front would plant so firmly on entry that the rear would trail around. It's an extremely stiff car but not to the extent that it's a problem. It's actually very nice because you get ample warning when you need to correct. It's also very easy to trail brake with this car to get the weight transfer going because of how sharp the handling is. It's really a fantastic drive and you have so much grip it's hard to believe that you're on comfort softs.

This is a review for the SRT Viper GT3-R by ich122 of Real Replica Tunes

As you can see, due to it being on racing hard tires, and, well, it being fast enough I'm listing it with the race cars even though it doesn't have the proper downforce of one.

So let's get into the review. It's fast, very fast, but it has one problem. It's still a muscle car. On entry the front end sticks if you brake early but it's got a tendency to understeer mid corner very heavily. Add some throttle to make it rotate you say? Nope, because it has bad on throttle oversteer which shows up a lot on exit. Let off of the gas/hit the brake? Nope, once you enter too fast you have little hope to be able to make the corner well. You have to make sure your entry speeds are right and the car will reward you. Also, on corners with bumps, slow down more than you normally would -- the 49:51 weight balance can make the rear end get a little bit jumpy if you go over a corner in the wrong way or at a bad angle. You have to be really careful with this car and if you are it will reward you and if you aren't it will bite your head off. It took a while to get the lap down because this is one car that you definitely have to adjust your driving style to. Also avoid kerbs because if you don't you're going to spin around because the front end will plant. Also, you will have to fight this thing a bit - it's going to have its oversteery moments and my advice is to be pretty harsh with it but make sure that you don't overcorrect. Generally it will allow itself to be fought a bit before it spins but once it starts it's going to be tough to save.

This is going to be a review of the CUSCO Mitsubishi FTO GR '94 by RIDOX Replica tunes.

This section is a review of the stock car

The first two things that come to mind with this one are 1) Oh god the understeer and 2) Oh god the brakes on this thing are terrible.

That said, this thing is fun. The understeer comes only when you try to press. My first lap which tends to be an get a feel for the car lap went fine and then later as I tried to push the car I became captain crash.

The body roll is pretty immense and you can feel exactly where the weight of the car is which is fantastic because right on entry you'll know if you're going to make the corner or if you're not. Driven at the limit though, this car will find any excuse to understeer. On throttle. Check. Rapid shifts of weight. Check. On the brake while turning. Check. You absolutely have to brake early which will throw you off because this car does not stop very well.

Another weird thing about this car is that you want to keep it in 3rd and 4th as much as possible. Most of its power is in third so the less speed you scrub the better. It has less than 200 bhp so you want to make sure you're' using as much of it as possible.

This section is a review of the tuned car

So somehow GT6 deleted the tuned car between me running laptimes so I went out again. I was shocked at the difference. The real tuned car is 10 secs faster. The body roll is gone which is nice and most of the understeer is fixed as well. It's still there bit it's much more manageable and the brakes feel a bit better as well (probably due to the lsd). Weight transfer is also smoother and more snappy so you get the extra corner speed.

Last edited:
This is a review of the Suburu BRZ '12 tuned by Penso's garage

I'm going to be honest. I don't like this tune for a variety of reasons. For the sake of efficiency, I'll list them out

1) It understeers on exit when you put the throttle down

2) It has a weird slow drifty oversteer that happens under braking or when you lift through a corner which is annoying because you can't snap correct it like you can with other cars - you inevitably end up scrubbing speed.

3) That oversteer is tricky to correct because you can't just do it in one quick motion so this led to a couple of crashes.

4) It really doesn't like high speed corners. The back section of the ring was very difficult in this thing because the quick weight transfer means more of that weird oversteer and this thing is fast enough that by the time you correct it you have to unsettle the car more buy entering another corner.

Basically obviousy this car is fast. It was close to the time of an Elise with 50 more PP. But I'm not a fan.

This is a review of the Pedders Holden Commodore SS by Ridox Replica Tunes

This car comes with a setup for fast tracks and for technical ones so I've decided to test both

First is the one for fast tracks which ran an 8:15.787

It's great in high speed corners with a slight understeer that doesn't interfere with handling but just keeps the car stable. It's main problem is cornering below about 65 mph because that's when the understeer gets strong making the first portion of the track a bit difficult. The good news is that the understeer hits on entry so there aren't any surprises. You know very quickly if you're going to make the corner or if you're not.

Second is the setup for technical tracks which ran an 8:15.591

As you can tell there isn't much difference in the speed of these cars. I preferred this setup because it has similar characteristics to the fast track setup through high speed corners (the main difference being just a bit more understeer ) but with the bonus of a smoother entry in low speed corners which were made a lot easier due to the lesser degree of understeer.

The last review of the night is for the Zeek Tuned MR2 GTS by RIDOX Replica Tunes

Where to start...... This is a car that will test your driving abilities. I will say that I can take a good 6-8 seconds off of that time and spent about 30 minutes attempting to but the car is extremely unstable. And extremely fun. It has two oversteer pedals, and an oversteer wheel as well to complete its design. It rotates absolutely beautifully but when on the ring that's a tad of a problem.

It doesn't like high speed cornering very much so you end up correcting during high speed cornering which is alright. I only crashed a couple of times trying to do that. The problem however comes when a corner is on a bump because what tends to happen is that the rear slides out a bit to rotate around the corner, hits the bump and then the car is gone with no chance to recover.

Also the carousel is a bit of an issue as well as the oversteer tends to surface midway through. I found that the back end of the track wasn't a huge issue but front half drove the car absolutely mad. When it breaks traction you have a decent chance to recover because under normal conditions (no changes in surface) it actually oversteers quite smoothly with little to no snap and is a treat to drive. I'll just chalk this one up to a bad car/track combo.

This review is for the Js Racing Honda S2000 by Ridox Replica Tunes

Well well, we have a new champion for cars on comfort softs by 10 seconds. Here's what makes it that way. It's razor sharp. Point it in a direction and it will go that way. It has an inclination to oversteer a bit mid corner and on exit when you give it more throttle but on exit it's super easy to correct and mid corner it is actually very useful because you can use this to throttle steer. Weight transfer is nice except for in esses or chicanes because it lags behind a bit which may cause some oversteer in between corners. Turn in is extremely sharp to the extent that in the carousel I had some issues spinning on a couple of laps because the front would plant so firmly on entry that the rear would trail around. It's an extremely stiff car but not to the extent that it's a problem. It's actually very nice because you get ample warning when you need to correct. It's also very easy to trail brake with this car to get the weight transfer going because of how sharp the handling is. It's really a fantastic drive and you have so much grip it's hard to believe that you're on comfort softs.

This is going to be a review of the CUSCO Mitsubishi FTO GR '94 by RIDOX Replica tunes.

This section is a review of the stock car

The first two things that come to mind with this one are 1) Oh god the understeer and 2) Oh god the brakes on this thing are terrible.

That said, this thing is fun. The understeer comes only when you try to press. My first lap which tends to be an get a feel for the car lap went fine and then later as I tried to push the car I became captain crash.

The body roll is pretty immense and you can feel exactly where the weight of the car is which is fantastic because right on entry you'll know if you're going to make the corner or if you're not. Driven at the limit though, this car will find any excuse to understeer. On throttle. Check. Rapid shifts of weight. Check. On the brake while turning. Check. You absolutely have to brake early which will throw you off because this car does not stop very well.

Another weird thing about this car is that you want to keep it in 3rd and 4th as much as possible. Most of its power is in third so the less speed you scrub the better. It has less than 200 bhp so you want to make sure you're' using as much of it as possible.

This section is a review of the tuned car

So somehow GT6 deleted the tuned car between me running laptimes so I went out again. I was shocked at the difference. The real tuned car is 10 secs faster. The body roll is gone which is nice and most of the understeer is fixed as well. It's still there bit it's much more manageable and the brakes feel a bit better as well (probably due to the lsd). Weight transfer is also smoother and more snappy so you get the extra corner speed.

This is a review of the Pedders Holden Commodore SS by Ridox Replica Tunes

This car comes with a setup for fast tracks and for technical ones so I've decided to test both

First is the one for fast tracks which ran an 8:15.787

It's great in high speed corners with a slight understeer that doesn't interfere with handling but just keeps the car stable. It's main problem is cornering below about 65 mph because that's when the understeer gets strong making the first portion of the track a bit difficult. The good news is that the understeer hits on entry so there aren't any surprises. You know very quickly if you're going to make the corner or if you're not.

Second is the setup for technical tracks which ran an 8:15.591

As you can tell there isn't much difference in the speed of these cars. I preferred this setup because it has similar characteristics to the fast track setup through high speed corners (the main difference being just a bit more understeer ) but with the bonus of a smoother entry in low speed corners which were made a lot easier due to the lesser degree of understeer.

Great review there :cheers:, sorry I have missed this awesome thread all this time, always good to hear feedback on my replicas and by the way, feel free to drive these replicas with higher grip tire like sports hard. The comfort tires are recommendation only but if you want more grip, please do :D Will look forward to hear from other replicas too, once again thank you.

Great review there :cheers:, sorry I have missed this awesome thread all this time, always good to hear feedback on my replicas and by the way, feel free to drive these replicas with higher grip tire like sports hard. The comfort tires are recommendation only but if you want more grip, please do :D Will look forward to hear from other replicas too, once again thank you.
I actually like them on the lower grip tires -makes for a nice challenge.

So this time I decided to do two things differently. 1) Review a car not by Ridox :) and 2) Use Bathurst

This is a review of the Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '13 tuned by Desperado at Clueless tunes. I used the "Kimchi Express" version of the tune.

This review is relatively simple and really comes down from preference. As you've probably gleaned I'm not the biggest fan of understeer and this car has lots of it, specifically mid corner which gets to be a big problem when you start going down the mountain. You think you nailed entry going in, then boom you're in a wall because you pushed wide mid corner which made entry for the next corner in the sequence go off. With a different driver, this car can probably go faster but as I said it just doesn't really fit my preference.

Other things I found were that this car likes to oversteer on entry when you start going down so you have to have your first round of braking totally complete before you enter otherwise the rear will snap out. Same thing if you go on throttle too early. It also has the slightest bit of on throttle oversteer but really not a big deal at all. The understeer is the main problem that I had with this tune.

Thanks for the review.👍👍
Sorry the car didn't suit you better.

Thanks for the review.👍👍
Sorry the car didn't suit you better.
No problem. It's a pretty fast car - just in my hands it slows up a bit. I have a bit of a tendency to go in hot which works out if it's something that I can go in hard, late apex, have it rotate due to the hard input, and then accelerate out but obviously in something like this there's a tad of tension. It became more manageable after 15 laps or so after I figured out earlier apex points for turns in the track.

This is a review of the Bee Racing R32 GTR by Ridox Replica Tunes

So, I decided to review this tune as a result of what I found yesterday with Desperado's. I wanted to get rid of the deficiency in my driving skills that causes understeer to be a big issue so when I saw that this tune illustrated lots of in the comments I decided to go for it.

This car requires a different style than I'm used to - early apexing is a must and you actually want to use the understeer to your advantage as getting on the throttle mid corner will push you out along to the correct exit path.

The car makes it pretty obvious when you're going to be able to make a corner or not. I found this to show up the strongest through Griffin's bend. Apex early and you can power out using all of the track to your advantage. Miss the braking point and you find yourself in the wall.

In sequences of corners getting set up appropriately is very important in this car as if you aren't, corners like the Chase and the exit of the esses going into the dipper get very problematic because the car isn't going to turn. Positioning and having the right corner speed are of the very utmost importance with this tune.

Another thing that I found is that oversteeer is basically at your command f you want it - a little Scandinavian flick and some throttle will easily kick the back end out although the car's natural disposition is to understeer.

This is a review of the 2000 Ford Falcon XR8

V8 Supercar. Bathurst. Why not?

There really isn't much to say. This car is for the most part dead neutral with only a hint of understeer when on throttle. The brakes are superb to the extent that I was braking way too early on my first couple laps after spending a lot of time on bathurst in road cars over the past couple of days. It's also the only car that doesn't get destabilized at all through the esses and the dipper. It stays flat the entire time. Just a spectacular car.

This is a review of the Bee Racing R32 GTR by Ridox Replica Tunes

So, I decided to review this tune as a result of what I found yesterday with Desperado's. I wanted to get rid of the deficiency in my driving skills that causes understeer to be a big issue so when I saw that this tune illustrated lots of in the comments I decided to go for it.

This car requires a different style than I'm used to - early apexing is a must and you actually want to use the understeer to your advantage as getting on the throttle mid corner will push you out along to the correct exit path.

The car makes it pretty obvious when you're going to be able to make a corner or not. I found this to show up the strongest through Griffin's bend. Apex early and you can power out using all of the track to your advantage. Miss the braking point and you find yourself in the wall.

In sequences of corners getting set up appropriately is very important in this car as if you aren't, corners like the Chase and the exit of the esses going into the dipper get very problematic because the car isn't going to turn. Positioning and having the right corner speed are of the very utmost importance with this tune.

Another thing that I found is that oversteeer is basically at your command f you want it - a little Scandinavian flick and some throttle will easily kick the back end out although the car's natural disposition is to understeer.

:) Thank you for the review, the car indeed requires precise entry as it's setup for trail braking deep into the apex style of driving ( unforgiving when mistakes happen :( ). I would suggest to lower front camber ( around 1 ) and spring to around 10 kg/mm, this will give slightly better rotation. I replicated the LSD setup of real car, this might be the main cause to the understeer tendency and the early apex style ( 1.5 way front and 2 way rear ), this LSD also allows the oversteer at one's command ( how much is up to the driver ) :) A trait that I like so much about the car. If I may ask, how do you feel about the way LSD setup and did you trail brake on low speed corner ? What I really like from this R32 GTR is that it has powerful brakes that works great with the LSD, when I felt the car has a bit too much speed approaching the apex, a slight dab on the brakes usually is all it takes and the car will turn in :) Increasing rear brake value also might help with turn in, I used 9/4 to 9/6 BB :cheers:

:) Thank you for the review, the car indeed requires precise entry as it's setup for trail braking deep into the apex style of driving ( unforgiving when mistakes happen :( ). I would suggest to lower front camber ( around 1 ) and spring to around 10 kg/mm, this will give slightly better rotation. I replicated the LSD setup of real car, this might be the main cause to the understeer tendency and the early apex style ( 1.5 way front and 2 way rear ), this LSD also allows the oversteer at one's command ( how much is up to the driver ) :) A trait that I like so much about the car. If I may ask, how do you feel about the way LSD setup and did you trail brake on low speed corner ? What I really like from this R32 GTR is that it has powerful brakes that works great with the LSD, when I felt the car has a bit too much speed approaching the apex, a slight dab on the brakes usually is all it takes and the car will turn in :) Increasing rear brake value also might help with turn in, I used 9/4 to 9/6 BB :cheers:
I was trail braking into the dipper and into the chase but other than that I did most of my braking before the corner so that I could aim the car where I wanted it. Honestly my issues with understeer isn't so much the cars as is it is the racing line that I tend to take with a car that is geared towards my style. Normally I'd start entry later at a position that would be too late for an understeery car but in a car like the Lotus Elise, would just cause the tail to rotate a tad into the corner to setup for the exit. So taking that line in a car that understeers I either get understeer on entry and it just won't turn or it sticks initially but mid corner it pushes out towards the wall instead if in torwards the appropriate racing line so it's more me needing to adjust to the car more than it is the car itself.

Back