Jacob's Gallery, 11th October / New Stuff.

• Thread starter Jacob
  • 1,036 comments
Top class gallery, your lighting and editing skills are amazing! Great composition and even better editing make for some of the best GT pics around, well done.

Great pictures as always, had a laugh at the photo with them goats haha ^^

Outstanding work once again!

Top class gallery, your lighting and editing skills are amazing! Great composition and even better editing make for some of the best GT pics around, well done.

I like the last shot. :)

Thanks guys, appreciated.

New set on its way, along with some more extras. Not getting too much time to shoot nowadays though...

McLaren MP4-12C at Red Bull Hangar 7.

Oh, and thanks for the SSC win, everyone!

Next up, my dangerously underexposed CCCL entry which strangely ended up in a tied 2nd place.

Lamborghini Gallardo in Gion, Kyoto.

And finally, my set of rejects from the Photomode Tournament + the entry itself.

Reject #1.

Reject #2.

Reject #3 (well, more like 2.5 probably).

Reject #4.

Entry, ended up with 18 votes, one less than required to proceed, on a 3-way tie for 17th place.

I think the GT-R would have been a better entry, or reject 2.5. I would have voted on either. I didn't vote on the last one simply because it was a neck breaker.

McLaren shots are GREAT! I really liked your CCCL entry and I think it fully deserved to be tied for 2nd. đź‘Ť The first Gallardo shot is my favourite and I like the GT-R best out of your tourney rejects - the yellow Mach 1 just doesn't do it for me this time. Sad to see you out but there's always next time. :)

Congratulations on the SSC win, your entry was fantastic. That was a great CCCL entry also, it is not really a surprise it was up in the votes. Those Gallardo shots are great too, the second one is my favourite, and thats probably because it is such a fantastic angle.

Your tournament entry and rejects are awesome. I agree with your choice, it is my favourite out of all the rejects. The Skyline shot is really good too.

:drool:đź‘Ť

Sorry for the huge wall 'o text. :lol:

Amazing works, Jacob. :drool:

Next up, my dangerously underexposed CCCL entry which strangely ended up in a tied 2nd place.

The reason why everyone your underexposed entry I think is because it showed some what like sundown/dusk.

I think the GT-R would have been a better entry, or reject 2.5. I would have voted on either. I didn't vote on the last one simply because it was a neck breaker.

McLaren shots are GREAT! I really liked your CCCL entry and I think it fully deserved to be tied for 2nd. đź‘Ť The first Gallardo shot is my favourite and I like the GT-R best out of your tourney rejects - the yellow Mach 1 just doesn't do it for me this time. Sad to see you out but there's always next time. :)

SVX
Congratulations on the SSC win, your entry was fantastic. That was a great CCCL entry also, it is not really a surprise it was up in the votes. Those Gallardo shots are great too, the second one is my favourite, and thats probably because it is such a fantastic angle.

Your tournament entry and rejects are awesome. I agree with your choice, it is my favourite out of all the rejects. The Skyline shot is really good too.

:drool:đź‘Ť

Sorry for the huge wall 'o text. :lol:
Thanks guys, and I would've chosen the GT-R picture if I would've had the time to edit it. I was in a rush, and the neck-breakin' Mach 1 looked the best when looking at the stock versions, but the R33 shot really improved after editing. So, yeah, I made the wrong choice, obviously. But there's always next time... :lol:
Amazing works, Jacob. :drool:

The reason why everyone your underexposed entry I think is because it showed some what like sundown/dusk.

Perhaps... :lol: Thanks Jus.

I voted your C.C.C.L entry, because of the composition. Along with that, the shot wasn't too dark in my view.

I voted your C.C.C.L entry, because of the composition. Along with that, the shot wasn't too dark in my view.

Thanks Jamie, happy to see that you (and others) liked it, regardless of my own opinion... :lol:

Throwing in a preview as well, expect the full set up soon.

I like the McLaren pictures, it's so clean + the reflection :eek:
I like the blur you put on the Gallardo especially the last two with it's minimal colour đź‘Ť

I kinda find the Skyline's lighting kinda overexposed, no? Maybe it's my laptop but along with the Mustang, it's amazing!

Last edited:
Woah, cannot wait for the full set! I love the minimal lighting and muted tones.

I like the McLaren pictures, it's so clean + the reflection :eek:
I like the blur you put on the Gallardo especially the last two with it's minimal colour đź‘Ť

I kinda find the Skyline's lighting kinda overexposed, no? Maybe it's my laptop but along with the Mustang, it's amazing!
Thanks guys. And Leicht, might be so, it was terminally underexposed from the start, so I might've overdone it.
I like the mood in the preview shot.
Thanks!
Preview looks goooooood!!!
Merci beaucoup, Nicolas.
Nice preview :)đź‘Ť
Hope it's not the Suzuka Circuit! :scared:
Thanks, and no, it's Le Mans' start chicanes. :P

Next up, one more preview, from my CCCL set, first 'big' set I've shot, in probably 2-3 months.

H E A V Ǝ N L Y

Thanks for watching!

Last edited:
I like the look of both previews. đź‘Ť The heavy vignette works well in the Alfa shot. Looking forward to them! :D

MMMmmmmm....... Sweet little pony :)

I like the look of both previews. đź‘Ť The heavy vignette works well in the Alfa shot. Looking forward to them! :D

Lots of comments in here...

Thanks Nicolas, thanks Rob. :)

Coming up, 1/2 of the F458 set, 1/3 of a MP4-12C set, Golf GTI at Spa, some extras.

First up, the Golf GTI set.

Felt a bit inspired by the ABSTRACTOR 2.0 when shooting, so I came up with these...

McLaren MP4-12C at Grand Valley Speedway.

Ferrari 458 at Spa-Francorchamps.

Oh, and thanks for using my pic on the front page, Jordan! I think it's the 5th time I've been featured there... :lol:

Should be able to have the Brera set up soon. Perhaps. If I like the end result. :P

Thanks for watching, feel to comment. I really need to some pointers on what to improve... :lol:

Last edited:
Obviously I love the 458 set, but the best shots out of this bunch come from the Golf set, especially the first vertical one - :drool:

I just love the amount contrast and saturation you get in your shots, whilst not going too far over the top đź‘Ť

It doesn't surprise me to see another photo of yours be used as a topic photo in the news section.

Back