Jaguar's 592hp XE SV Project 8 Now Comes With Added Subtlety

I somehow doubt that the customer base for the Project 8 is worried about it being too shouty so it'll be interesting to see if this sells more cars.

I somehow doubt that the customer base for the Project 8 is worried about it being too shouty so it'll be interesting to see if this sells more cars.
Jaguar needs to do something about it. It revealed the car two years ago, as a limited-run, 300 unit car. That there's still 15 of them left to do this to - and actually more beside because the release notes that you can still buy both two- and four-seat versions with the wings - says they're just not selling them.

But at £150k for a LHD-only (in a RHD country) super saloon on a platform whose name history only goes back five years, with no sporting heritage and very little brand recognition, there might be a few more issues than a big wing and some stickers. Project 7, based on the F-Type, sold out its 250 cars pretty much on the spot...

This car's existence makes no sense whatsoever... And that's why I love it... I love its wide arches, its bombastic sound, the supposed sharp handling, its sedan nature, everything about it (including the nonsense price)... My absolute favorite car of all time...

Whoever gave the green light for this project is an absolute mad man and probably wasted a lot Jag's resources..

Now this is something I really want. The exterior changes in this version give it the perfect balance of aggression and normality in a sports sedan.

Kinda split opinion. On one hand, I loved how unnecessary it was, it was so stupid but genius at the same time; but it stood out a bit too much

Back