Jann Mardenborough Wants You to Beat Him in Gran Turismo 6

I would "try" to beat him but my GT6 won't work
It won't install version 2.22

ss3
So true... unless your the fastest ;)
And then someone else totally comes out of nowhere as an underdog.

I can say that SS3 here has done that during a GT6 event we've done.

Considering you can see his first laps were 2:02 and this was the only 2:01 he managed, it doesn't seem like he spent too much time on this. Maybe he only did those 3 laps.

IMG_0126.JPG

Don't let the lap total deceive you, I did WAY more than 2 laps. :D

My main issue was the cars high rear downforce causing understeer over the top of the mountain and you get pulled to the outside of the turns, quite frustrating if i'm honest due to the lack of steering lock you can put in on a DS3. :ouch:

But I fought it tooth and nail to get past the target time, big props to the guys who got under the 2 minute barrier. :eek:

Bought the car, no oil change, RM tyres, No TCS or ASM or SRF. 👍

My main issue was the cars high rear downforce causing understeer over the top of the mountain and you get pulled to the outside of the turns, quite frustrating if i'm honest due to the lack of steering lock you can put in on a DS3. :ouch:
Yes this was my main issue as well. I did way more than the lap count shows but I finally managed to beat Jaan's lap with a 2'01.178 - with at least two tenths still on the table! Stupid me got excited and lost them through the final sector. This may be easy for wheel guys but for us on a controller it really is a challenge!

[GT6] Jann Mardenborough Challenge  Nissan GT-R GT3 @ Bathurst Screenshot 2017-02-02 20-36-26.png

Hi, here is my attempt after 7-8 laps (here is the 2nd session). I only have the ABS turned on, kept the 5/5 brake's repartition (can't say I like it), and of course, the car isn't tuned. I even bought a new GT-R for this Time trial. Don't worry about the tyre's name, it's the french name for RM. I feel like it can be improved. With a perfect lap, a sub 1:59 is possible.

Edit 2 : Images deleted. Wasn't in the rules.

Last edited:
Well, it's my mistake, I had to be more careful. Time to beat the clock again. Thank you @Famine !

Edit : I tried again, with the good car this time. I am happy with none of my laps, but I did 1:59.935. Pretty far from my first time but this time it is in the rules. Anyway, I am done for today, maybe I will try again, maybe not, at least it was fun to come back a bit and push my limits.

Here is the picture (I just noticed it is blurry, sorry) :

Jq7Qi2f.jpg

Last edited:
Just for reference, if you're using a car you've bought, you're doing it wrong:

Single Player -> Time Trial -> World -> Mount Panorama -> Use Courtesy Car -> Schulze GT-R

I did the same time I did before, but in 3 laps not in 5 laps.

I must be doing something wrong here as I'm banging in LOW 59's... What Rules, Specs & Driver aids are allowed here ??

Edit: Forget it, i just spotted the Stock & RM tyre Rule ☺☺

Decided to go back for another shot as my first run wasn't under the same conditions as Jann's was.

So back to the mountain, rented the GTR, turned off TCS, SRF and ASM, 3 laps later ( and I mean overall this time :P) and here's the result.

IMG_0127.JPG

Oddly it felt easier for me this time out, likely because of my previous shot at this challenge.

Still, faster than my old time while still running the DS3. 👍

Last edited:
Back