January 2024 prediction thread

Mexico
GDL, Mexico
Insomniac_driver
Hello,

As I see that no one has created a thread to predict January update yet here I am opening one. My predictions:

Cars:
-Genesis Vision Gran Turismo
-Genesis Vision Gran Turismo Gr1 variation
-Nissan Hyper Force concept
-Aston Martin Vantage 2018
-Aston Martin Vantage GT3 2018
-Volkswagen Golf 8 GTI 2021

Tracks:

-Updated Suzuka
-Rain on Deep forest

Scapes:

-Suzuka circuit

Last edited:
Unless you guys got a crystal ball, whats really the difference?
Predictions are based on facts or evidence.

Without those things, you're just wishing.

i.e.

Wish: I wish they'd change the tyre-changing cutscene in the pits to show the actual tyres you've selected.

Prediction: On Jan 25th we'll get a new update that will include the Genesis VGT (because they said so at the world finals)

Unless you guys got a crystal ball, whats really the difference?
Predictions don't need to be right to be predictions, they only need to be based on evidence.

We have evidence of what PD has done in the past, what cars are in the game files, where it's been and what it's scanned. This can all be used to predict future updates.

A wishlist is based on no evidence and is just hopecasting.

As the universe loves irony, there is some evidence that PD uses the GTPlanet Suggestions forums (and given the history of that it should be no surprise) to guide its choices, so any "wishes" should go in there for member voting.

Predictions don't need to be right to be predictions, they only need to be based on evidence.

We have evidence of what PD has done in the past, what cars are in the game files, where it's been and what it's scanned. This can all be used to predict future updates.

A wishlist is based on no evidence and is just hopecasting.

As the universe loves irony, there is some evidence that PD uses the GTPlanet Suggestions forums (and given the history of that it should be no surprise) to guide its choices, so any "wishes" should go in there for member voting.
Oh so its more of a "when" than "what" thing.

Last time we got a VGT(two versions of the ItalDesign, in February 2023), three classics were packaged with it. Probably due to ItalDesign starting from that era.

Even though Genesis is from Hyundai Motors(founded 1967), I’ll go with cars packaged from when Genesis was founded(2015).

• Audi R8 V10 Plus ‘16
  • Mazda Roadster RF ‘18
  • Ferrari 812 Superfast ‘19

Now, I’m going to rewind to ItalDesign. In GT7, there are a fair many cars that have been designed by ItalDesign:
  • Mk1 Golf
  • Giulia Sprint GT
  • Maserati Merak
  • Lancia Delta
  • DeLorean
  • Gallardo
  • Mustang(in 2005 concept form, but I’ll keep it there ;) )

If we were to get a surprise car, I’d predict the BMW M1, designed by ItalDesign. I haven’t seen it mentioned in any left in data or leak of being scanned. Just seems like a car, sits 10th in the Suggestions thread, that would make its debut along with the new additions of BMWs already in GT7.

I‘m guessing 5 new cars, 2 or 3 of which will be VGT just based on all the activity and news about new VGT cars over the past few months. No idea what the others will be, probably some European or Japanese road cars from this past decade, but nothing of a 2023 or 2024 model year.

A new track for the new year, probably one of the handful that have been rumored since earlier last year. I speculate this is what they spent most of November and December finalizing when not on holiday break.

A bunch of new scapes from various locations, various new events for the new track and other existing tracks as well as several outrageous new engine swaps.

And finally, a fix for the new(ish) split screen issue and it will release on January 25th, so start saving your credits now for those new cars.

Predictions are based on facts or evidence.

Without those things, you're just wishing.

i.e.

Wish: I wish they'd change the tyre-changing cutscene in the pits to show the actual tyres you've selected.

Prediction: On Jan 25th we'll get a new update that will include the Genesis VGT (because they said so at the world finals)
I think sooner than 25th

I think sooner than 25th
According to user @Barareklam Playstation customer support told him the update would be January 25th.

Though it is possible they could give us a content update sooner and a separate update for the referenced issue on the 25th.

With the additions of Catalunya alternate track layouts, Nurburgring Sprint and others, Suzuka Circuit West Course may show up, as it is a course that has existed in previous GT and similarly like the other tracks mentioned currently exist in the game, just needs PD to offer it as it's own layout.

I have no predictions, but Ferrari and Lamborghini haven’t seen any cars added to GT after both marques collaborated with PD on their respective VGT projects. This is weird considering the global stature of these brands and the notion that VGT is supposed to strenghten ties between PD and car manufacturers. At least we know this update will have more VGTs. Yay! 💩

Last edited:
And is there any evidence that PD knows your personal schedule? You know, so that they can pick the absolutely worst release window for you personally.

I don't know why, but I was 100% convinced to have read that the Genesis would be distributed on Jan 10th (which made 0 sense since it's not a Thu, but still), so I was kind of expecting silhouettes to drop tomorrow. Anyway, the 25th that @BangsMcCoy declared makes much more sense. What I expect to come is:

Gran Turismo 7 Winter 2024 FreeUpdate (because they won't miss the opportunity to skip february altogether)

• Genesis VGT (self explanatory)
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII-VIII-IX (as it is still unexplainably missing from the car list)
  • Ferrari 512 S (I keep predicting it every time and every time I'm let down, but we know that it's coming, it won more than 2 years ago, so it makes sense that it has been already scanned and imho PD will want to empty the pockets of those who used a little Abarth in Florida...)
  • Nissan GT-R 2007 (it is present in a certain list and it makes sense to include it in a post holidays update as I assume it is something they did a long time ago already and is waiting to be drip fed)
  • 1986 Ford Mustang Foxbody SVO (I feel like there will be at least one American model and I feel like it can be an oddball, such as a Mustang from the 1980s. I remembered of the Foxbody series/family from NFS 2015 and when looking on wikipedia for more info I stumbled upon a piece of info which made me think a Mustang from the 80s could end up in LCD...)
Hagerty (Insurance), specializing in classic cars, calls the introduction of the first 200 hp (149 kW; 203 PS) Mustang in 1985 the end of the Malaise era in American auto design.
Of course, to be in LCD, it must be a sort of limited edition vehicle, hence why I included in this prediction the SVO model instead of a base one.

Instead of the 512 S I was also considering the Bugatti 37, but the only reason for a future inclusion is its presence in the infamous list, while the Ferrari will eventually come.

I was also considering a Lancia such as the 037 or Delta S4, which would blend with the Lake Louise similarly to the Evos, but the Gr. B race has already been added to Lake Louise, so I went with Evos and a Japanese Clubman Cup event.

Extra menu books:
Ford Mustang collection
  • Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
  • Ford Mustang Foxbody SVO '86
  • Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback '15
1990s hypercars
  • Ferrari F40 '92
  • Jaguar XJ220 '92
  • Lamborghini Diablo GT '00 (which I just noticed is from 2000, but the Diablo-XJ220-F40 is a kind of trinity which looks like it's waiting for an extra menu)

New races:
Vision GT Trophy
  • Trail Mountain 7 laps
  • Suzuka 7 laps
  • Tokyo Expressway East CCW 7 laps
Ferrari Circuit Challenge
  • Monza 5 laps
Japanese Clubman Cup 550
  • Lake Louise Oval 6 laps
Nissan GT-R Cup
  • Suzuka 4 laps
Clubman Cup plus
  • Similarly to what they did with SSRX, a recreation of the recent daily with pre-tuned versions of BMW M3, Diablo, XJ220 et c. on either GV, Nordschleife or Deep Forest.

Will I get at least one car correct? I'm 99% sure that at least the Genesis will be in. Will I get anything else correct? Almost surely not. Does this mean I just wasted 1 hour writing this wall of text noone will read? Yes. Did I have a lot of fun speculating on previous update trends, expectations and such? Yes. If you made it to this point, thanks for reading!

Perhaps a new circuit will be added, considering that the 27/01 round of the Nations Cup has no announced circuit (TBA).

Given this, I also assume that it will not be an American circuit, as all the circuits added in GT7 are of North America. Maybe a Japanese circuit? Okayama? Asia has a very small list of circuits (nine) compared to Europe and America.

I don't know if it will be in January, but I believe that the SAITAMATOYOPET GR Supra GT300 will be added this semester (the BRZ GT300 was added in April 2022).

SupraGT300.png

Last edited:
I think we will get the 2 VGTs and 2 other cars. One road car that no is expecting and a race car that may or may not be a returning vehicle

If anyone's interested:

Mean car count per update: 3.8
Median/mode car count per update: 3

Mean car type per update:
Road: 2.6
Race: 0.9
Tuned: 0.2

Mean car origin per update:
Asia: 1.6
Europe: 1.5
Americas: 0.6

Mean car age per update:
New: 2.2
Legends: 0.9
Used: 0.6

Mean car GT history per update:
All-new: 2.8
Returning: 1.0

That suggests an expected update of 3-4 cars, one of which is a returning vehicle, one of which is a Legends car, one of which is a race car, half of which each are from Europe and Asia, and the majority of which are all-new road cars slotting into Brand Central.

Note there that "returning" also includes cars which are new in that specification but broadly the same platform as and replacing a car from a previous game that isn't in the current one - like the '68 Charger.

Perhaps a new circuit will be added, considering that the 27/01 round of the Nations Cup has no announced circuit (TBA).
Most likely it would involve the Genesis VGT, or nothing at all (remember the Spec II update when some expected the TBA round to be something involving new content only for it to be a Gr.3 oval race).

Last time we got a VGT(two versions of the ItalDesign, in February 2023), three classics were packaged with it. Probably due to ItalDesign starting from that era.

Even though Genesis is from Hyundai Motors(founded 1967), I’ll go with cars packaged from when Genesis was founded(2015).

• Audi R8 V10 Plus ‘16
  • Mazda Roadster RF ‘18
  • Ferrari 812 Superfast ‘19

Now, I’m going to rewind to ItalDesign. In GT7, there are a fair many cars that have been designed by ItalDesign:
  • Mk1 Golf
  • Giulia Sprint GT
  • Maserati Merak
  • Lancia Delta
  • DeLorean
  • Gallardo
  • Mustang(in 2005 concept form, but I’ll keep it there ;) )

If we were to get a surprise car, I’d predict the BMW M1, designed by ItalDesign. I haven’t seen it mentioned in any left in data or leak of being scanned. Just seems like a car, sits 10th in the Suggestions thread, that would make its debut along with the new additions of BMWs already in GT7.
Good observation, wasn’t aware of that👍 but I also have to nitpick about one thing😀: the Alfa Giulia was designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro, but at this time for Bertone, not Italdesign as he haven’t founded this Company yet

Back