January Car Pack Clues!!

• Thread starter neddyie118
  • 52 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Car 1
Sometimes the key is to just look all around you.

Car 2
Not the ideal getaway car, but it did work famously.

Car 3
Dustin Hoffman knows where the motor is. Do you?

Car 4
I’m happy each inner member shares a factor with either the first or the last member. Exclusivity adds value and makes it even more special.

Car 5
The Tokyo skyline is such a glorious thing, I wish I could go back and see it.

Car 6
One thing it was not light on was the competition.

Car 7
A wise man once said: “Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.”

Clue #2 is probably the Citroen 2CV

Clue #3:

Clue #5 is a Skyline, but which one. Hopefully the Group5 R30 Silhouette.

Clue#7 is a Mick Jagger clue, so it's something related to what he's owned in the past or a Rolling Stones lyric.

Clue #2 is probably the Citroen 2CV

Clue #3:

Clue#7 is a Mick Jagger clue, so it's something related to what he's owned in the past or a Rolling Stones lyric.

You are probably right with #3, although technically Dustin Hoffman doesn't know where the motor is :lol:

I really hope #1 is a normal car. I know not many people would like it, but I would love an Elantra Sport, Mazda 3 or the new Civic.

I have a feeling that one may be deceptive as the links are never that obvious. :lol:

I have a feeling that one may be deceptive as the links are never that obvious. :lol:

Yeah, but I can't really see what else would go with Tokyo and Skyline. And the Group 5 R30 was a glorious thing. :lol:

I really hope #1 is a normal car. I know not many people would like it, but I would love an Elantra Sport, Mazda 3 or the new Civic.

Well, they're adding a lot of Group 5 machinery, so it makes sense...

As much as I'd love the R30, isn't it practically identical mechanically to the Bluebird we got in November?

As much as I'd love the R30, isn't it practically identical mechanically to the Bluebird we got in November?

Yes, but it's a bit like saying the R32-33-34 GT-Rs were mechanically identical (they were) even though they're completely different.

Let's hope one of them is an M5, either the outgoing or current M5
And a bunch of tracks, not just some glued together tracks we already
have :rolleyes:

Car 6
One thing it was not light on was the competition.

Is it safe to assume this is referencing something renowned for having Bud Light/Budweiser sponsorship that'll end up being modified to "Buddyracer Team" or "█ █ █ █ █ █ █" upon release?

Last edited:
I don't know man, the guesses I've seen here and on the Forza Forums so far already have me extremely disappointed...

1: Subaru 360
2: Citroën 2CV
3: Volkswagen Type III
4: Porsche 911 Turbo (964)
5: Nissan Skyline RS Super Silhouette
6: Porsche 917/30 Spyder
7: Alfa Romeo Stelvio

Last edited:
The Tokyo skyline is such a glorious thing, I wish I could go back and see it.

Tokyo Skyline, hm? And you have to go back, presumably in time, to see it? Knowing, as we do, that T10/MS toured the infamous Zama Heritage Museum, I'd put my money on this car being the 1962 (Nissan) Prince Skyline Sport - built by a manufacturer based in Tokyo (and originally known as Tokyo Electric Car Company). I loved the car and its Michelotti-styled body in Gran Turismo, would be awesome to have it in Forza. It could also be the considerably less stylish 1964 Skyline 2000GT, which was intended to go toe-to-toe with Porsche 904s; both would equally make sense.

Seeing as all other clues point more or less clearly in the direction of senior ladies, I'd say that car #1, #4 and #7 are the most likely to be the modern machinery... And one of them will undoubtedly be the star of the pack.

EDIT:

I’m happy each inner member shares a factor with either the first or the last member. Exclusivity adds value and makes it even more special.

Gah, I was thinking in engineeristic terms ("members"), but it may just be elementary school mathematics. Well, in the number "964", the inner member (6=3*2) shares a factor with both the first (9=3*3) and last (4=2*2). Exclusivity? How 'bout the Europe-exclusive, and now obscenely expensive 1992 Porsche 911 Carrera RS? Or better yet, why not a 1994 Speedster? If I recall correctly those cars were only sold to selected Porsche customers. Last month provided us with a car that put some of the assets introduced with the Hoonigan DLC pack to better use, they could just keep up the trend after all.

Last edited:
I don't know man, the guesses I've seen here and on the Forza Forums so far already have me extremely disappointed...

If mere guesses disappoint you, than there is no helping you.

5: Nisan Skyline RS Super Silhouette

If the pack is even close to this it will make the season pass I didn't pay for worth every theoretical penny.

5: Nissan Skyline RS Super Silhouette
The Stelvio I'm okay with.

My predictions:

Clue 1: Subaru 360

Clue 2: Citeron 2CV

Clue 3: VW Type III

Clue 4: Buick Riviera S '79

Clue 5: Nissan Skyline RS Super Silhouette

Clue 6: Ford EcoSport '17

Clue 7: Citeron SM '71

If mere guesses disappoint you, than there is no helping you.

If the pack is even close to this it will make the season pass I didn't pay for worth every theoretical penny.
Hey if there are any old racers like that glorious 917LH or the Skyline Super Silhouette that's enough for me :)

I usually try to appreciate all the DLC cars in one way or another, the last car pack was lackluster imo, so I'm just gonna keep my hopes low

Volkswagen Type III? I mean, seriously?? Looks like this is pretty much a sure thing :rolleyes: Is it just me or is that a very boring choice? Never even heard of the bloody thing until I looked it up on Wikipedia.
Looks like an old steel crapmobile with all of 53 horses under the hood! :bowdown: Dat be going places oh yeah!! :D

Honestly, I don't mind older classic cars but there were far too many in the last pack with two modern SUVs. I pray that the other cars are going to be good.....

On a side note, the first pack was good. Was pretty disappointed with December's though to be honest..

Last edited by a moderator:
On a side note, the first pack was good. Was pretty disappointed with December's though to be honest..

Please don't double-post; that's what the Edit and +Quote buttons are for. 👍

i hope at least one of the following is in that pack: 812 Superfast, 911R, 675LT, 720S, GTC 4 Lusso (V12 version)
I’ve been waiting on the 675LT (along with the SLS BS) for a long time. I don’t think they’re going to make it.

I’m sure the 812 and 720S will at some point.

I really hope we see the return of the diversity of the first pack because I really enjoyed that pack. Old/new/road/race. Last pack really dropped the ball for me for a FM pack. Would’ve worked so much better in Horizon with all the 4WDs. If I didn’t have the season pass I would not have brought it.

Fingers crossed for Tuesday.

Volkswagen Type III? I mean, seriously?? Looks like this is pretty much a sure thing :rolleyes: Is it just me or is that a very boring choice? Never even heard of the bloody thing until I looked it up on Wikipedia.
Looks like an old steel crapmobile with all of 53 horses under the hood! :bowdown: Dat be going places oh yeah!! :D

The fastback looks like a poor man's Porsche 911, and I'd also say it looks better than most cars VW manufactured in subsequent decades. I hope it's the one.

The Type 3 was almost my first car so I don't overly mind it lol. Other than than that I'm kinda meh? Honestly after how absolutely disappointing the last pack was this one basically has to be perfect/amazing to get me interested.

Also not a fan of themed car packs.
I like the diversity and as someone who did not buy the season pass, i like the idea of being able to purchase single cars (which you cant do with cars from a themed pack) and i am okay with paying more for them in comparison, because i would not use the others anyways. That way i can have only the cars i actually want.

Clue #1 - Look all around me? Um, some kind of convertible? Car with a canopy type of roof like a jet?
um, Jaguar E-Type Convertible? MG MGB Roadster?

Clue #2 - Ummmm. Citroen 2CV? Peugeot 406 Sedan?

Clue #3 - I'm going with Fred's guess on the VW. Which would be a nice addition.

Clue #4 - Exclusivity? Uhhhh - I have no idea.

Clue #5 - Tokyo Skyline? I'm going to guess it's japanese. Nissan Skyline R30 Super Silhouette maybe? Nissan GT-R Nismo? Toyota Sports 8---dammit I forgot that Toyota is not doing licensing to racing games anymore. Ummmm, Dome Zero? Eunos Cosmo?

Clue #6 - Not light on competition, but it sounds to me it's implying that it's light everywhere else. I think it will be a Lotus. Don't really know which one though. I guess either the 1st or 2nd gen Exige. Maybe the early 90s Elan. or perhaps the Europa.

Clue #7 - Bugatti Chiron I guess.

Back