January Car Pack Clues!!

• Thread starter neddyie118
  • 52 comments
Car 1 - Sometimes the key is to just look all around you.

Frankly, I have no clue about what car this may be; what a start! This seems one of those cryptic clues that most people end up reading wrong. Perhaps, looking around themselves the manufacturer found inspiration for their new model? I'll go and say that it may be the long-awaited Kia Stinger GT, but this is such an uninspired guess.

Car 2 - Not the ideal getaway car, but it did work famously.

Come on, this has to be the Citroen 2CV6! With all the people that posted the infamous scene of Roger Moore in the role of James Bond escaping pursuit from the henchmen of Hector Gonzales in 1981's For Your Eyes Only last month, I don't even need to explain you why.

Car 3 - Dustin Hoffman knows where the motor is. Do you?

Yeah, I know where the engine in a VW Fastback Sedan is - did someone explain it to mr. Hoffman after all? Because he seemed quite clueless in this promotional!

Car 4 - I’m happy each inner member shares a factor with either the first or the last member. Exclusivity adds value and makes it even more special.

AAAAAAH, MATHS! The number 964 satisfies this condition: the only inner member shares a factor with both the first (both divisibile by 3) and last (both are divisible by 2) members. The 1994 Porsche 911 Speedster was also very exclusive, being built (IIRC), by Porsche Exclusive's workshop. As it happens, an exemplar of the car is sitting in the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen, which we know T10 must've visited to get all the necessary pictures of the 904 F1 car... Which even has the "Porsche Museum" sticker on the windshield.

Car 5 - The Tokyo skyline is such a glorious thing, I wish I could go back and see it.

Tokyo Skyline, hm? And you have to go back, presumably in time, to see it? Knowing, as we do from the inclusion of the turbo Bluebird and of last month's Safari, that T10/MS toured the infamous Zama Heritage Museum... I'd put my money on this car being the 1962 (Nissan) Prince Skyline Sport - built by a manufacturer based in Tokyo (and originally known as Tokyo Electric Car Company), and clad in a lovely body penned by Michelotti. It could also be the latter, considerably less stylish Skyline 2000GT, which was intended to go toe-to-toe with Porsche 904s; both would equally make sense.

Car 6 - One thing it was not light on was the competition.

Hm. If it wasn't light on the competition, then it means it must've been light on something else, or why else would you mention it. I'll go against my instincts, assume T10's going for a pack full of older cars, and point at the Porsche 908/3 - a car that was intended as an ultra-lightweight comprimary for the 917 in the 1969, 1970 and 1971 seasons of the International Championship for Makes, which were absolutely dominated by Porsche. As it happens, this car is also present in the Porsche collection at Stuttgart...

Car 7 - A wise man once said: “Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.”

The quote's associated with Mick Jagger, who famously owned a Morgan Plus 8. A more modern variation, like the Ford V6-powered Roadster, would be a more likely candidate. In either case, I'm not entirely convinced it'd be this easy... As for the first clue, I throw my hands up, admitting (partial) defeat.

There you have it. My final guesses, as posted in the appropriate thread over at the fm.net forums. We'll see Tuesday how many are right - chances are, it will be a number very close to "zero". :lol:

But assuming it's a 7/7 score... It'd be a very odd pack, with at least five vehicles with a year of production starting with a "19", and the only modern vehicles being a Kia and potentially a Morgan that's been the same since the 1930s. And of course, there's the problem of PI: the fastest car in the pack would be a low-R class (or perhaps even high-S) vehicle, with the Stinger likely sitting in A-class, another B or possibly C-class Porsche, and a slew of vehicles (2CV, Prince Skyline, VW Fastback) landing in E-class. It'd be a "hero-less" pack, like December's; I'd personally love to see some of those cars added (I never knew I wanted to toss a Volkswagen Typ 3 'round Brands Hatch this bad, until now!), but I could also see an obscene amount of bellyaching by the prepubescent malcontents populating the forums and, more broadly speaking, composing a sizeable portion of the title's audience.

Whatever. Eagerly awaiting Tuesday now.

There you have it. My final guesses, as posted in the appropriate thread over at the fm.net forums. We'll see Tuesday how many are right - chances are, it will be a number very close to "zero". :lol:
Based on that 964 prediction of yours, perhaps the 964 Turbo S Leichtbau is more likely? Built by Porsche Exclusiv and also on display at the Porsche museum, it would seem more fitting for the game, but who knows. If anything, I'm hoping it's not the Flatnose version (the even more exclusive version of the already ridiculously exclusive Turbo S...), considering we already got a 935 and any 964 we finally get (outside of the Hoonigan one) should be a typical fixed headlight 911. :P

Interesting to read the mathematical explanation for clue four, even though I haven't yet bothered to wrap my head around the calculation.

I felt the Porsche 964 applied without resorting to maths, so interesting if the clue has more than one dimension. Let's see tomorrow, and fingers crossed despite the real risk it was hinting at another trophy truck. :crazy:

Based on that 964 prediction of yours, perhaps the 964 Turbo S Leichtbau is more likely? Built by Porsche Exclusiv and also on display at the Porsche museum, it would seem more fitting for the game, but who knows. If anything, I'm hoping it's not the Flatnose version (the even more exclusive version of the already ridiculously exclusive Turbo S...), considering we already got a 935 and any 964 we finally get (outside of the Hoonigan one) should be a typical fixed headlight 911. :P

Oh, I completely forgot about the Turbo S. Yeah, if it's a 964, it's going to be that one for sure - just like the Chevy 150 reused many of the 3d assets of the Tri-Five By Fire, the Turbo S would recycle much of the model the Hoonigan 911.

Just a thought on the Type 3 VW, it didn't just come as the

Fastback

Squareback

or the rare (in the US, at least) Notchback.

It also came in the Karmann Ghia 1500 variety. Any one of these could be the Type 3 included in this DLC (if indeed, we are getting a Type 3).

Just a thought on the Type 3 VW, it didn't just come as the

Fastback

Squareback

or the rare (in the US, at least) Notchback.

It also came in the Karmann Ghia 1500 variety. Any one of these could be the Type 3 included in this DLC (if indeed, we are getting a Type 3).

Amongst all four, however, the Fastback was the version featured in the commercial (we think) Johniwanna referenced... And also, the one with the best motorsport history. Besides, it'd also be the version T10 would have less trouble getting scanned. It wouldn't surely be a bad thing if the added the Notchback or the Karmann Ghia, tho. As for the "Squareback" Variant, that would be an odd one indeed, but perhaps it'd convince me to shut up about that Sambabus for a moment or two.

DC6786AE-047F-4E57-9AEE-7445B4FEA3C6.jpeg

Ripper of a pack compared to last month.

Subaru 360!? Finally a proper Kei car in Forza! (Please be Major Micros and not Forza Special)

If these are the actual cars we're getting then this looks like it'll be a brilliant pack, much better than last month's.

That is an awesome pack! Even if only for the Elise GT1 but there’s some good variety and this is a much better pack then last months. Looking forward to this.

Thought the first clue meant we'd get something with a 360 cu in engine (hoped for a Bristol 603, expected a Ramcharger) since two of the clues were most likely going to be low-powered classics anyway. But a 360 seemed like the most obvious guess and a fine addition nonetheless.

A Citroen 2CV and a Subaru 360? God, it's going to take me ages to get the usual Nurburgring laptimes recorded this time around.

Also, isn't the 360 the first two-stroke car to come to Forza? This should prove to be quite interesting, I wonder if it will be as smokey as it's supposed to be? :lol:

Wow, nailed it with the 964 Turbo. I can't imagine it would be the Flatnose version because I don't think it was considered to be the Leichtbau (or Lightweight) version. Could be wrong there, but glad to finally see a 964!
The best option for the 964 is to have the regular nose, and offer a slantnose as an "aero and appearance" option. Then everybody gets what they want.

Wow, nailed it with the 964 Turbo. I can't imagine it would be the Flatnose version because I don't think it was considered to be the Leichtbau (or Lightweight) version. Could be wrong there, but glad to finally see a 964!
Oddly there are no images of the Porsche or the VW in the official Forza page.

Oddly there are no images of the Porsche or the VW in the official Forza page.
Apart from the GT2 RS and the 919 in the E3 trailer, there isn't much in the way of Porsche or VW in any previous promotional images or vids. The Porsche 804 was excluded from last months car pack trailer as well.

Apart from the GT2 RS and the 919 in the E3 trailer, there isn't much in the way of Porsche or VW in any previous promotional images or vids. The Porsche 804 was excluded from last months car pack trailer as well.

The 935/78 and Cayenne featured in the two previous trailers, respectively.

Putting the cars to the clues:

Car 1
Sometimes the key is to just look all around you.
Subaru 360

Car 2
Not the ideal getaway car, but it did work famously.
Citroën 2CV

Car 3
Dustin Hoffman knows where the motor is. Do you?
VW Type 3

Car 4
I’m happy each inner member shares a factor with either the first or the last member. Exclusivity adds value and makes it even more special.
Porsche 911 (964)

Car 5
The Tokyo skyline is such a glorious thing, I wish I could go back and see it.
Nissan R-380 II

Car 6
One thing it was not light on was the competition.
BMW M6 GTLM

Car 7
A wise man once said: “Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.”
Lotus Elise GT1

Latest Posts

Back