Japanese MusicMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 48 comments
  • 6,119 views
Fly me to the moon is an old song.
 
Heck, I'm listening to "Candy Girl" by Hitomi, and this was back in 1995. To me, I don't care much for old or new music. I know that when Avex had their WMP links to Avexnet, there were all sorts of music. One channel had Ruppina, Exile, Ayumi Hamasaki, Boo, K-Dub, even Hillary Duff of my hometown of Houston. But now that Avex changed their format, I don't think they have their online music videos available for viewing.
 
I mean it's Rat Pack old, perhaps older.

Sinatra
 
Ive been listening to a lot of Rovo lately. if you know the boredoms, they are a side project of them, rovo is a bit more rhythmic i guess. Everyone should download the song "Kmara," the first 5 minutes are kind of slow and random, but its well worth listening to just to get to the second 5 :)
 
Originally posted by JohnBM01
[B
Anyhow, there was a song called "Fly Me To the Moon" done by Utada Hikaru. The significance? It's about the only Japanese song I've heard that's in all English. And it's a pretty good song at that. [/B]

goddamn, that is NOT a japanese song!!!! :odd: it was sung by Sinatra and the rat pack, as Talentless said!! I think you have LITTLE idea of music in general, and of japanese music in particular, also. I have heard maaaaaaaaany songs, REAL JAPANESE songs that are in english. elements of, or completely. and if you think the utada version of "fly me" is good, you are really lost. check out the versions made for Neon Genesis Evangelion, sung by megumi hayashibara and many more singers, and you will get a feel of what a good "fly me" cover is.

Cano
 
Ease up, Cano. And the NGE ver. isn't that good, in my opinion. I've never heard Utada's.

Most covers stink.
 
Originally posted by Talentless
Fly me to the moon is an old song.
ain't that on the anime called NEON GENESIS EVANGELION

the some songs from love hina are cool, i thnk some jpop singer are also on DDR, like the songs TRUE, CANDY(vocal), etc
 
Hi,

I'm doing research of famous asian entertainers in America and asian entertainers who have a large following in America. Could anyone point me in the right direction? I'm also looking for Japanese girl groups in alternative music.

Thanks!
 
This is some of the Japanese music which I like and listen to :


Dragon Ash - Shizukana hibi no kaidanwo (ending credits from Battle Royal)
Utada Hikaru - Simple and Clean (Just good music)
Glay - Kimi Ga Iru (Initial D)
Move - Rage your dream (Initial D)
The pillows (Just good music)

I'll also try some of the suggestions from this thread.
 
Although the title song for the Anime series "Big O!" is rather unexciting, there are a ton of great songs in the series. Smooth ballads and great piano work cover up the more mellow events in the series, while huge orchestra's (with large strings groups, and huge percussion instruments sections) cover the more action packed schenes. It's well worth looking into. It has a similar feel to Cowboy Bebop.
 
oscarfulz
Nanase Aikawa

I just got my hands on "Inu Yasha - Owarinai Yume". Pretty good stuff, do you know any more good Japanese rock/punk songs/groups?
 
I think Kuroyume is the best
Although they split 5 years ago
Good rock band
 
Psycho le Cemu is indescribably badass. Forget J-Pop, these guys are hardcore J-Rock.

Kickass songs they've done include EXCALIBUR and KRONOS. And their guitar solos are, for lack of a better term, violence inspiring.

On the other side of things, Do as Infinity are great, as well. Their songs include Fukai Mori, the second ending for Inuyasha.

But, when all is said and done, one Japanese group owns all. That group is the cult favorite MOVE.
Move is known for the opening and ending themes from INITIAL D. But that is only the tip of their music. Their blend of rock, metal, and rap is unparalelled.
 
I have a strange question to ask...........

Is there any Japanese Heavy Metal band, I mean real metal and they sing in Japanese not english.

For Example: Brujeria, they are death metal band from Mexico, and they sing in Spanish, anything similar. Rock On Dudes!
 
gtavcfan
I have a strange question to ask...........

Is there any Japanese Heavy Metal band, I mean real metal and they sing in Japanese not english.

For Example: Brujeria, they are death metal band from Mexico, and they sing in Spanish, anything similar. Rock On Dudes!
they have alot
 
Who's one of them? I want to check it out as soon as possible.
 
Loudness.

Or Shonen Knife - those chicks rock.
 
gtavcfan
I have a strange question to ask...........

Is there any Japanese Heavy Metal band, I mean real metal and they sing in Japanese not english.

For Example: Brujeria, they are death metal band from Mexico, and they sing in Spanish, anything similar. Rock On Dudes!

I do not know any Japanese heavy metal bands but here is an even weirder concept. There is another metal subgenre called Japcore (no offense but that is what it is called). This kind of music is any grind(core) music played by any Japanese band :boggled: :eek:
 
Back