Japanese Super Policecars

  • Thread starter Thread starter gator of kana
  • 63 comments
  • 3,282 views
Messages
533
United States
Danville/VA/US
Messages
japan_gator
I know that these cars are a bit old but what do you think?
 
Lucky bastards! Makes my police car look like dog turd....
 
What do I think? I'm glad there aren't any police cars like that in my area! :p
 
What do I think? I'm glad there aren't any police cars like that in my area! :p

I guess because they are faster than our average American police cars (Crown Victoria and Impala). I wonder if there are any Corvettes or Vipers that are police cars?
 
I guess because they are faster than our average American police cars (Crown Victoria and Impala). I wonder if there are any Corvettes or Vipers that are police cars?
Yes, some places do indeed have Corvettes and Camaros, and I think some have Mustangs. The state police where I live use unmarked Dodge Chargers, but they aren't too hard to spot (they're always black with dark windows), not to mention not too incredibly fast.
 
Yes, some places do indeed have Corvettes and Camaros, and I think some have Mustangs. The state police where I live use unmarked Dodge Chargers, but they aren't too hard to spot (they're always black with dark windows), not to mention not too incredibly fast.

You know what would be funny? If a Dodge Ram was a police car :lol:, I think it would be a good idea if there were police cars that can drive off-road if a speeder was to try and lose the heat by just driving off the road
 
Last edited:
We've got Fourth Generation Camaro police cars here just outside of Grand Rapids, the B4C models are about to reach the end of their run as the "super" police car of choice. There are Mustang GT police units across the country as well, most notably in Indiana, where they managed to nab a higher than average amount of speeders in the past year. With the Ford Crown Victoria P71 beginning to lose favor to the Dodge Charger and Chevrolet Impala, it will be interesting to see how police cars change in the future. I've yet to see an R/T-spec Charger out on the streets, as most are SXT-spec models to begin with.
 
Epic music and soon to be added in that extraordinary lineup will be of course the R35. Run bad guy run.
 
Epic music and soon to be added in that extraordinary lineup will be of course the R35. Run bad guy run.

Now that you brought that up, there is going to be a R35 GT-R police car
gtr-police-001.jpg

I know that this is just a toy but it will look something like this
 
i saw some corvette's C6 on the highway going from montreal too new york
here in canada i saw cops with chargers ....
i rofl when i saw a pontiac aztec cop car in montreal this summer
 
I guess because they are faster than our average American police cars (Crown Victoria and Impala).
I think i would be pretty confident in saying american police cars can do more than 112mph.
 
I think i would be pretty confident in saying american police cars can do more than 112mph.

140mph in a P71 Crown Vic.:D
 
That music's from Detective Conan isn't it? 👍 :lol: (I could be mistaken though)

Also, I've got a variety of cops cars worthy of mention in this thread (though not quite on the level of those cars)...
Charger, Mustang, Power Wagon, and unfortunately that's it (most of the time it's a state trooper). I imagine the cars are for interstate patrols since the speed limit is 70mph. That makes for speeders going well over 100mph not too uncommon (atleast I think).
Any way, those were some cool police cars. 👍
(although the Italians are still king in this subject :sly: )

Oh, btw, just based on how much the average Crown Vic Interceptor is modified I can confidently say a Japanese R35 police car would easily be rid of the 112 problem. :lol:
 
Last edited:
That music's from Detective Conan isn't it? 👍 :lol: (I could be mistaken though)

I don't really know anymore since the show got cancelled in America, I'm watching the episodes on the internet for me to remember the show by heart.

If you like the show Detective Conan you can watch it right here. But be warned, it's language is in Japanese, but it has subtitles
http://www.detectiveconan.us/

I'm way off topic :lol:
 
Last edited:
Now that you brought that up, there is going to be a R35 GT-R police car
gtr-police-001.jpg

I know that this is just a toy but it will look something like this

Since the black-mask edition, I've maintained that the R35 would look great in a panda-scheme. It does.
 
Don't forget about the 1970 Dodge Coronet police cars of yesteryear!
Packing the magnum 440 V8 these babies were good for around 400hp and 400+ft. lbs of torque!
 
Those muscle police cars were very popular in car chases in movies back then weren't they?
 
Last edited:
I think i would be pretty confident in saying american police cars can do more than 112mph.

Easily...

The Camaro B4C was designed to run up to 160 MPH, and while I'm not sure what the new Mustang or Charger can do, I'm sure that its not far behind given the Caprice 9C1 that could do 140 MPH. The Crown Victoria goes back and forth, however. Its actually slower than the 9C1 Impala, believe it or not, but no one in their right mind is going to say outright that the Impala is the best option out there.
 
Easily...

The Camaro B4C was designed to run up to 160 MPH, and while I'm not sure what the new Mustang or Charger can do, I'm sure that its not far behind given the Caprice 9C1 that could do 140 MPH. The Crown Victoria goes back and forth, however. Its actually slower than the 9C1 Impala, believe it or not, but no one in their right mind is going to say outright that the Impala is the best option out there.

Which 9C1 Impala are we talking about? LT1 powered impala? Or current Impala?
Before I bought my P71 Crown Vic I was eyeing this 94 Impala 9C1 with a T-56 6spd swap. I so wanted to buy it but it got sold before I could get my hands on it. That car would have been awesome, LT-1 Impala with a T-56? Sign me up.

I believe the new Charger police models can do 148mph R/T spec only though. No idea what the 3.5 would do top end wise.
 
Last edited:
The 9C1 Caprice (B-Body) was an impressive piece of machinery, ask any police officer which of the more-recent cars were their favorite, they're likely to say the 1991-1996 model. I was speaking of the current 9C1 Impala (W-Body), which while it serves up an impressive level of performance for a FWD sedan, it isn't exactly winning over small precincts and state forces. As I recall, NYC bought them up pretty quick, and I've seen some in more urban environments, but anywhere else, its still the P71's game.
 
The 9C1 Caprice (B-Body) was an impressive piece of machinery, ask any police officer which of the more-recent cars were their favorite, they're likely to say the 1991-1996 model. I was speaking of the current 9C1 Impala (W-Body), which while it serves up an impressive level of performance for a FWD sedan, it isn't exactly winning over small precincts and state forces. As I recall, NYC bought them up pretty quick, and I've seen some in more urban environments, but anywhere else, its still the P71's game.

Just a shame they didn't use the Impala SS's engine for the W-body 9C1.
 
Last edited:
It's a shame the current Impala is FWD.
 
*ahem* back on topic, please. :D
 
Do we really need another thread about what cars the police drive?
 
LMAO Looking at that old Coronet black & white running 140 + on those lil bias ply bycycle tires.Those were some brave officers:nervous:
 
Last edited:
It's a shame the current Impala is FWD.

What do you think about a 4WD police car? 💡 Well just thought about that and I've noticed that other countries except for America has a 4WD police car
 
Last edited:
The 9C1 Caprice (B-Body) was an impressive piece of machinery, ask any police officer which of the more-recent cars were their favorite, they're likely to say the 1991-1996 model. I was speaking of the current 9C1 Impala (W-Body), which while it serves up an impressive level of performance for a FWD sedan, it isn't exactly winning over small precincts and state forces. As I recall, NYC bought them up pretty quick, and I've seen some in more urban environments, but anywhere else, its still the P71's game.

"America's cops loved the classic bow-tie beast."

The 1991-1996 had an LT1 engine as well, and I think the Impalas took that engine after the Caprice went out.

Here, we still have Crown Victorias and W-Body Impalas, but speeding is not a big issue in most of the areas they are based at. On highways, not quite.

If I recall correctly, on the topic of the Ram, Chevrolet issued a Tahoe with a 5.7L engine and two-wheel drive. It was not a good sell.
 
Last edited:
Well... Here we have 2.0 litre Mondeos with 144hp and a top speed of 210km/h and Volkswagen Transporters with 2.5 litre TDI engines capable of pulling a top speed around 180km/h. So yes, they can't catch anyone.
 
If I recall correctly, on the topic of the Ram, Chevrolet issued a Tahoe with a 5.7L engine adn two-wheel drive. It was not a good sell.

I believe the Michigan police have a few Tahoes and Cherokees at their disposal, and the local Houghton police have a Ford Explorer and Expedition, and the Michigan Tech public safety use Dodge Durangos.
 
Back