Japanese Super Policecars

  • Thread starter Thread starter gator of kana
  • 63 comments
  • 3,282 views
Over certain speeds in the UK (if it becomes a chase) they hand over to a helicopter to reduce the risk. When the Police cars disappear the speeder tends to slow down again so it's less dangerous for the public not to chase.

GOK - 4WD Police cars don't have too many uses really, unless they're operating in an area where conditions might mean it's useful. They tend to use Range Rovers in the UK when they use 4WD cars (or occasionally Imprezas). Most Police duties are split between Vauxhall Astras/Ford Focuses as inner city cars, Vauxhall Omegas (strangely, considering it stopped production ages ago), Vectras and Volvo V70s as motorway patrols, and where I live they use Subaru Imprezas as high-speed vehicles.

Though I've seen a pretty diverse range of other cars, from Audi S4s, Proton Wiras, BMW 3-series, Mercedes, Mitsubishi Evos and all sorts.
 
There's also an interesting choice of Skoda Octiva RS version that the UK police use for undercover cars to chase and catch speeders. They seem to be frequently on the M6. Just today, saw a black Volve S80 (or S60, it went by so fast!) actually with tinted windows that was undercover on the M6 with the blues going, and coming back, a black Ford Focus undercover as well, assuming it is the RS version.

So yeah, a wide variety of cars that they use.
 
I believe the Michigan police have a few Tahoes and Cherokees at their disposal, and the local Houghton police have a Ford Explorer and Expedition, and the Michigan Tech public safety use Dodge Durangos.

MSP have Tahoe's for their SUV vehicles but I believe they are only two wheel drive. Although up north maybe they have 4WD. I've never seen an MSP Cherokee but I wouldn't doubt that there are local areas that use them.

Around here most police vehicles are Chargers and Impala's. We have a couple Magnums, Intrepids, Durangos, Blazers, and a few show police vehicles like a XLR-V, Corvette Z06, and a Mustang.
 
Yah the MSP up around the western part of the UP have the Tahoe's (I think just 2WD) and Cherokees, around like Ironwood and Wakefield.
 
I absolutely have no idea what you guys are talking about. :confused:
 
Yah the MSP up around the western part of the UP have the Tahoe's (I think just 2WD) and Cherokees, around like Ironwood and Wakefield.

Guess you learn something new everyday, are they older Cherokees or newer ones?

I absolutely have no idea what you guys are talking about. :confused:

MSP = Michigan State Police, they give us tickets when we go in access of the flow of traffic.

UP = Upper Peninsula, the big land mass that is about the part of Michigan that looks like a mitten.

Tahoe =
MotorCarriertahoe.jpg


Cherokee = A Jeep product.

2WD = Two wheel drive, most of the time to the rear wheels, although vehicle dependent.

Ironwood and Wakefield = Cities, wikipedia them if you want to know.
 
and how are these related to Japanese policecars?
 
and how are these related to Japanese policecars?

If you can manage to pad out this discussion entirely with Japanese Police cars then go for it :sly: Personally I'd struggle, so I welcome the more general police car discussion...
 
Guess you learn something new everyday, are they older Cherokees or newer ones?
I think they are the newer versions.
MSP = Michigan State Police, they give us tickets when we go in access of the flow of traffic.

UP = Upper Peninsula, the big land mass that is about the part of Michigan that looks like a mitten.

Tahoe =
MotorCarriertahoe.jpg


Cherokee = A Jeep product.

2WD = Two wheel drive, most of the time to the rear wheels, although vehicle dependent.

Ironwood and Wakefield = Cities, wikipedia them if you want to know.

:lol:
 
Here we have P71's, Ford Expeditions and Charger R/T's. I've seen a couple Impalas but not for a couple of years. And we have some big highway patrol RV things that I see every once and awhile and I have no idea what the hell yeah are.
 
Here we have P71's, Ford Expeditions and Charger R/T's. I've seen a couple Impalas but not for a couple of years. And we have some big highway patrol RV things that I see every once and awhile and I have no idea what the hell yeah are.

Most likely mobile command units.
 
Have you seen how police is like in Japan? Take a look
 
This
C2DC4B3D827C14BEA162FF70CE2A1D.jpg


This
C8D750F27964A5313DB616BE6B329.jpg


And this
744DF35C62022AA1EDA64D4D7536.jpg


would all make me **** my pants if i saw their lights in my rear view
 
I take your Porsche, and raise you a Lambo.
Screenshot_1_10.jpg
 
I'll take your Lambo and raise you a '74 Ford Falcon XB 351C
O2.jpg


:D
 
I take your Porsche, and raise you a Lambo.
Screenshot_1_10.jpg

Damn, is that Murcielago actually used or is it a show car, like the Spyker above it?

The Techart Porsche gets somewhat regular use on the Autobahn patrol
 
I know that Portland used to have 3 Murcs, or they might still have them. My mom's friend got pulled over by on.
 
Murcielago's in Portland, Oregon? Or am I thinking of the wrong Murc or Portland?
 
gtr-police-001.jpg


it's a model for now, but i bet that the real one is somewhere, patrolling on the wangan..
 
...appear to be photoshopped.

Those two are quite real actually. I've seen articles about them on autoblog a while back. There's quite a few pictures of those cars around. I used to have ton of the Porsche.

Here's the autoblog article of the spyker including the techart 997.
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/15/bustang-bah-dutch-cops-get-spyker-c8-police-car/

gtr-police-001.jpg


it's a model for now, but i bet that the real one is somewhere, patrolling on the wangan..

Oh ya, patrolling the wangan with its big bad top speed of 180km/h. :D
 
Last edited:
Murcielago's in Portland, Oregon? Or am I thinking of the wrong Murc or Portland?

That would be correct. They got them in a drug seizure.
 
Those two are quite real actually. I've seen articles about them on autoblog a while back. There's quite a few pictures of those cars around. I used to have ton of the Porsche.

Huh. I guess I need MOAR REZ. That Spyker's light bar looks as if it's on an antigrav.
 
I take your Porsche, and raise you a Lambo.
Screenshot_1_10.jpg
That does nothing. It's a show car, and has been reverted back to stock for months now. I believe the car even sold soon after.
I know that Portland used to have 3 Murcs, or they might still have them. My mom's friend got pulled over by on.
No city in the United States has any kind of Lamborghini police car. Simply not true. I can't imagine any, except for an extremely few amount of cities that can afford to have $300,000+ cars for police use. And Portland, Oregon is not one of those cities.

...appear to be photoshopped.
But, they're not. ;)

That would be correct. They got them in a drug seizure.
I can't believe this for a second. 1, a drug seizure involving 3 of these cars would have made news. 2, these would have been auctioned off. The department would make far more money than even remotely attempting to use them as patrol cars. Way too much money involved should something go wrong on one of these cars.
 
Huh. I guess I need MOAR REZ. That Spyker's light bar looks as if it's on an antigrav.

In the other photos it appears to be attached to the rollbars.
 
I searched for police vehicles from here, but returned very few results and mostly crappy pictures... :rolleyes:
Here are a few anyway:

2006870943image3ns3.jpg


crxbtcm9.png


segurancagnrcarrognrgraci9.jpg


And this one I can't help missing:
motorclssico200647copyhmp8.jpg

Especially because it's from a time the 'bad guys' rarely drove anything over 100hp... :D
 
Back