• Gretchen Whitmer

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Stacey Abrams

• Susan Rice

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
48 vice presidents to date and ALL of them with a penis! What are the odds?

100%, of course.

What are the odds of it happening again? Well that's a good question, but I'd say not very likely.

Besides, I don't recall having a penis as a specific requirement, not since the 19th Amendment, anyway.

Recent update from CNN ranking VP candidates:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/09/politics/joe-biden-vp-vice-president-pick/index.html

Kamala Harris jumps into 1st place. Warren slips back. Some 9 months ago I suggested Biden/Harris as a strong ticket. I didn't know that much about her then. I'm a bit dubious about it now. With the endorsement of Obama, it's hard to see how Biden needs much help to secure a strong African American vote. A mid-westerner like Klobuchar or Witmer would seem to make more sense as securing Michigan & Wisconsin (as well as Pennsylvania) would be the essential starting point for a Democrat electoral victory.

The election of Democrat All Karofsky for the Wisconsin supreme court may be an indication of the state turning away from Trump:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52279608

Kamala isn't that popular even here in NorCal. I don't think she's a good fit.

Wouldn't be surprised if this happens. Biden picks Hillary as his choice for VP after she literally buys the position. Biden wins the presidency after Trump's approval rating wanes due to the collapse of the economy and his mishandling of the coronavirus situation. Shortly after, Biden mysteriously dies. The media says he had a heart attack or died of "natural causes" when in fact the Clintons ordered him to be assassinated. This way, Hillary Clinton can finally live her dreams of being Madame President.

100%, of course.

What are the odds of it happening again? Well that's a good question, but I'd say not very likely.

Besides, I don't recall having a penis as a specific requirement, not since the 19th Amendment, anyway.

Of all the penis-equipped people in the United States we have ended up with a choice between Trump & Biden? I'll take my chances with a vagina. 👍

Last edited:
If the running mate is a personable moderate, there's a good chance to secure three consecutive Democrat terms if Biden wins; I don't see Biden running for two terms so it could even be four if he does.

Three or more consecutive Democrat terms has only ever happened once in the exceptional cases of FDR and Harry Truman. Historically, the Republican party has been better at retaining the Presidential office with a new candidate.

Wouldn't be surprised if this happens. Biden picks Hillary as his choice for VP after she literally buys the position. Biden wins the presidency after Trump's approval rating wanes due to the collapse of the economy and his mishandling of the coronavirus situation. Shortly after, Biden mysteriously dies. The media says he had a heart attack or died of "natural causes" when in fact the Clintons ordered him to be assassinated. This way, Hillary Clinton can finally live her dreams of being Madame President.
Bruh...
dec4a328b570f88ec5fe3d02e0dc90bbcefbeb0b341ce084050462c766add757_1.jpg.jpg

It will be someone who is centrist, Biden has gone into the primaries being anti universal healthcare the fact he was able to win under that platform means the donors are not going to accept a VP that is, or even remotely is for it.

It will be someone who is centrist, Biden has gone into the primaries being anti universal healthcare the fact he was able to win under that platform means the donors are not going to accept a VP that is, or even remotely is for it.

I'm not sure that's necessarily true. Corporate donors call "some" of the shots, but not all of them ... and I think it would be OK for the VP to be someone who endorses the idea of universal health care, because that's still a long way from actually implementing it.

No way in hell would it be Hillary. She'd just killed the poor guy and finally claim her throne.

There is no Santa Claus & the Clintons did not "kill" a bunch of people.

Hillary Clinton officially endorses Biden today.

One corrupt moderate establishment democrat in their seventies backs another corrupt moderate establishment democrat in their seventies. Is anyone really surprised here?

Hillary Clinton officially endorses Biden today.

One corrupt moderate establishment democrat in their seventies backs another corrupt moderate establishment democrat in their seventies. Is anyone really surprised here?

No. But apparently 34.8% of GTPlanet voters think Tulsi Gabbard will be the Democratic VP candidate. That is surprising.

I honestly think if you just wanted to pander and win votes, Michelle Obama wouldn't be a bad choice. She is personally popular and that... is sometimes all that matters.

All that should matter is that they are competently and best suited for the job but that's seldom applied.

I honestly think if you just wanted to pander and win votes, Michelle Obama wouldn't be a bad choice. She is personally popular and that... is sometimes all that matters.

All that should matter is that they are competently and best suited for the job but that's seldom applied.

In general, as far as I am aware, VP picks have been mostly career politicians with connections to a particular area of the country that required shoring up for electoral reasons ... or they have been a effort to solidify support from an ideological sector of the party - the most extreme example being McCain's choice of Sarah Palin.

Nomination & election of Trump has thrown the norm under the bus. If Trump - a person with no political experience & murky ideological background can become President, it opens up the possibility of any variety of potential candidates for POTUS or VP. Michelle Obama? Oprah? Tom Hanks, Mark Cuban? Bill Gates? It's not hard to imagine that any one of these people might make a much better POTUS than Trump.

I'm inclined to think that, at this point, the most boring choice is the most likely one - Amy Klobuchar - although there is a chance that Biden's run itself may hit the rocks, which would open things up to a whole range of new possibilities.

Apart from the fact the party hate her and it will never happen.

In a nutshell. Also, I've only seen Tulsi Gabbard on TV with regard to her presidential run. OK, she had one particular talking point that tended to dominate her appearances, but, in general, she always came across as completely lacking in personal charm & relatability.

I'm increasing certain Hillary will be the candidate, not Joe. Accordingly, who will Hillary need as VP? For several reasons, Bernie stands out as highly likely. So I'm asking @Biggles to put Bernie's name of the list.

Looks like Amy Klobuchar is going through vetting by the Biden team and seems like one of the front runner for the nomination.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/21/joe-biden-asks-amy-klobuchar-to-undergo-vp-vetting-process-report/

Just what we need, an old, senile, alleged rapist and a self-entitled Karen in the oval office. At least Klobuchar isn't old though, which definitely helps, but I think Biden is pinning too much on her winning Midwest votes. Sure Minnesota will support her, but the upper MidWest isn't vastly different from one state to the next. The only things they have in common are cold weather and their sports teams play in the same division. Other than that it's not like someone from Michigan is going to ooh and ahh over someone from Minnesota.

Why not cancel the election this time around and just go for 4 more years of Orange? Saves a lot of time and money, no mass gathering at the voting stations.

Back