• Gretchen Whitmer

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Stacey Abrams

• Susan Rice

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As a mixed race half African I'm probably biased but to me that went without saying. I mean, tan suits and poupon are one thing but the birther thing was simply insane. A complete fabrication, if you will.
"Trumped up" seems fitting.

Don't forget the two-fold bike helmet issue. He was criticized for wearing a bike helmet, an act that made him look weak compared to Putin riding a horse with his tiny nipples on display. He was also criticized on another occasion for not wearing a bike helmet and setting a bad example for the kiddies. To be fair, I agree with the latter, but there's no way it was sincere criticism.

personally offhand I can't think of a more loathesome creature I've ever seen running for public office

This is such a bizarrely outlandish statement to me that I feel we are existing on two different planets. :rolleyes:

A long time ago (before the primaries got under way) I picked a Biden/Harris ticket as the obvious combination to beat Trump. Then Biden faltered in the primary process looked like a no-hoper. At the same time Harris didn't perform particularly strongly in the Presidential nomination race & dropped out. Now, through the peculiar vicissitudes of politics, a Biden/Harris ticket seems like the most likely final outcome.

:D

upload_2020-8-11_22-12-47.png

I think, ultimately, Kamala was a better choice than Susan Rice if for nothing else than Susan rice provides too much ammo to the GOP. I think Biden needed, more than anything, a VP that wasn't going to actively hurt him in terms of moderate & suburban voters - he doesn't need to shore up the progressive factions. Despite being from Oakland, I think Kamala can do this - it will be hard for the GOP to paint the Biden/Harris ticket as soft on crime due to her rather aggressive record as DA, where she might face criticism from the left on that very same issue.

Your prize is you will be the moderator of the first presidential debate this year. Good luck!
For real though, he'd be a great debate moderator. He'd ask some pretty tough questions that Trump/Biden would probably be hard-pressed to answer without going back to their stump speeches. Too bad there's little to no shot at Jorgensen, Hawkins, and all the other third-party and independent candidates being on the stage.

it will be hard for the GOP to paint the Biden/Harris ticket as soft on crime due to her rather aggressive record as DA, where she might face criticism from the left on that very same issue.
I think they'll try to exploit her for these very same reasons and she'll have a tough time holding her ground if in an active debate. It has been shown in the past where candidate opponents had called her out and she seemed to have had a hard time getting the last word in. She's going to play the family side for the appeal of election where her very own tactics will play against her.

It'll be interesting for sure, but I have a hard time seeing it go their way.

I think they'll try to exploit her for these very same reasons and she'll have a tough time holding her ground if in an active debate. It has been shown in the past where candidate opponents had called her out and she seemed to have had a hard time getting the last word in. She's going to play the family side for the appeal of election where her very own tactics will play against her.

It'll be interesting for sure, but I have a hard time seeing it go their way.

I could be wrong, but to me it seemed like Kamala was not well suited to compete in a democratic primary - at this time. I think she is probably more natural when she isn't trying to guard her left flank. The old saying is the primary is a race to the left/right and the general is a race to the center. Kamala seems well suited to the race to the center.

What I meant by the crime bit was that the GOP can not really say that she was too hard on criminals with much legitimacy (considering Trump's remarks on the subject) but they can't claim she's too soft on crime because it's not plausible based on her record. Her biggest bit of baggage (well, aside from Willie Brown :lol:) is mostly out of play for this particular election...though I'm sure they'll try.

Not great, not terrible.

EDIT: I mean in comparison to an ideal standard of a VP. The Biden/Harris ticket is infinitely more capable, respectful, and professional than whoever the hell is in charge currently.

Wait: Kamala Harris OR Tulsi Gabbard? Very low marks for one of those picks. :ouch:

Kamala Harris is vulnerable from the left due to her history as a prosecutor/AG, but probably has some protection due to her racial identity. In her favour, I have always felt like she looks like a VP - like the VP in one of those disaster movies. She's also smart, articulate & ambitious. Under the present circumstances it seems like a sensible choice by Biden.

Wait: Kamala Harris OR Tulsi Gabbard? Very low marks for one of those picks. :ouch:

Kamala Harris is vulnerable from the left due to her history as a prosecutor/AG, but probably has some protection due to her racial identity. In her favour, I have always felt like she looks like a VP - like the VP in one of those disaster movies. She's also smart, articulate & ambitious. Under the present circumstances it seems like a sensible choice by Biden.
I think she was picked due to her favorability with the progressive wing - Bernie and his voters. Gabbard savaged her hard in the primary debates, but that's forgotten now. She will make the neolibs/Wall Street crowd nervous, IMO. Has cosmetic surgery padded her up here and there?

IMHO, she will be our next president. I'm betting Biden will be elected but not inaugurated.

She looks nothing like Mike Pence :lol:

That's real life disaster - not a movie. :indiff:

I think she was picked due to her favorability with the progressive wing - Bernie and his voters.

She's a "moderate progressive" - the perfect positioning for this moment IMO. Not going to appeal particularly to Bernie voters, but won't alienate too many of them. Is really an excellent compliment to Biden & will make the ticket stand out from the old school whiter-than-white/oranger-than orange GOP ticket.

. Has cosmetic surgery padded her up here and there?
That's sexist.

Diversity for diversity sake? Isn't that just blind racism?

You really don't get it, do you? The United States IS diverse. The obstacles to that diversity being reflected in the political, economic, social & corporate power structure are real. Trump/Pence are the last gasp of regressive thinking in the US - I predict they will be decisively swept aside in November.

I think she was picked due to her favorability with the progressive wing - Bernie and his voters. Gabbard savaged her hard in the primary debates, but that's forgotten now. She will make the neolibs/Wall Street crowd nervous, IMO. Has cosmetic surgery padded her up here and there?

IMHO, she will be our next president. I'm betting Biden will be elected but not inaugurated.
Harris isn't popular with the progressive wing, she is a Moderate who doesnt stray too far off the path of Biden(They both think weed should be illegal for instance).

But it's likely to get the Karen wing of the party a bit more excited at the least.

Joe is not gonna last for four years. Here is your next president.

He is telling her that his agents follow the law. And she is asking about what he thinks about other people's feelings.

The law doesn't care about your feelings!

Joe is not gonna last for four years. Here is your next president.

He is telling her that his agents follow the law. And she is asking about what he thinks about other people's feelings.

The law doesn't care about your feelings!

The population cares about feelings though. She didn’t claim that there was a legal issue, but that there is an issue about how the agents are perceived. That perception doesn’t go away just because they are following the law.

The population cares about feelings though. She didn’t claim that there was a legal issue, but that there is an issue about how the agents are perceived. That perception doesn’t go away just because they are following the law.
And?

The law is the law, or at least it should be.

If citizens want to change the law, vote.

Last edited:
Diversity for diversity sake? Isn't that just blind racism?

To the nth degree, so much so that the media practically knew a rough shortlist a month ago. Qualified for the job was certainly not top of the checklist, I don't think 'not a woman' even entered the realm of possibility in Biden's head either.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out with polling. Not sure of her stance with regards to international issues (how it's going to effect us in the UK etc) but I guess we will find out more in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
I don't think 'not a woman' even entered the realm of possibility in Biden's head either.
Not since he committed to picking a woman running mate back in March because he wanted his cabinet and administration to look like the country, no.

I suppose Obama's selection was diversity for diversity's sake as well? After all, it's not as if he were actually qualified to do the job. Oh, wait...

Diversity for votes' sake might be a more accurate and less loaded description. Diversity for equality's sake, even more so. But instead let's characterize white men as the victims a litttle more.

Last edited:
Back