Joey's Focus Thread: Dragon Slayer

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 206 comments
Intake looks great, Joey!

Find out if its an oil filter or dry filter. I've noticed since getting my oil filter, my MAF gets a "nice" little coating on it that I have to clean off every so often.

get teh white wheels. white wheels are hot.

(My wife haz a blaze yellow 2012 Focus SE hatch with the black 17's. These are awesome cars!)

Thanks guys, it really sound good and when I let it rip in a tunnel today it really sounded awesome. I can't wait till I get an exhaust on it. To give you an idea what it sort of sounds like listen to a Subaru with an exhaust on it, that's really close.

And Jay, it is an oil filter so I'll remember to clean off the MAF now and then.

As for the rims, I would like bronze but they only come in 17's. I'm looking at other options but the Sparcos are about what I'm looking for so I think I'm going to get those fairly soon. Probably after I get back from up north for the holiday.

In that case get the cheapest colour, and powdercoat them bronze. :lol: Nah, the white looks good too man.

Well my thought is if I don't like the white, I can do exactly that. A buddy of mine has the equipment to do it so it wouldn't be that bad to do it.

And here's sorta what it might look like, I mean if you squint really hard that STI looks like Focus :lol:

Subaru-WRX-STI-Spec-C.jpg

Rims have been ordered!

prorace12.jpg

Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2's in hyper silver. 18x8/5x108/+40 specs. I figured if they were good enough for the Focus touring car, they were good enough for me.

2012-ford-focus-touring-car-rear-side-view.jpg

Now I just need to figure out what tires I need to get. The rims have about a week or so before they get here since they are coming from California. I guess they just came from the UK on June 8th so I was lucky to snag a set.

Joey D
Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2's in hyper silver. 18x8/5x108/+40 specs. I figured if they were good enough for the Focus touring car, they were good enough for me.

Good call - I'd completely forgotten about the Focus BTCC car, and Team Dynamics makes some good wheels. Been the main touring car choice for over a decade now. Quite expensive in the UK.

Ya they weren't too expensive, got them for $1,080 shipped. It was a guy on the FocalJet that gave me a deal on them, which basically equated to free shipping.

Thanks Pako 👍! And ya I do miss the MINI on occasion, had a lot of good times with that car and I was just starting to get to the point where I was going to start modifying it. Weirdly enough the MINI is still kicking around the area and I saw it a month or so ago.

HID's

After seeing that the 12's headlight housings worked with HID's without blinding other drivers or creating awful glare, I ordered a set. They are a 6000K 35w digital kit, I wanted a 5000K kit but they were sold out in the size I needed, so I just went with the 6000K since it was only a drop of 150lm, which isn't that much all things considered.

They work really well, although I still need to finesse the alignment some more to make they a little better but it's not that bad for right now.

IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2262.jpg

New Shoes

So the Big Brown Truck dropped off to rather large boxes for me last night:
IMG_2273.jpg

And then after work today I popped over to Discount Tire to get them mounted up:
IMG_2275.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

Excuse the dirty car, it's been raining off and on for the past few days. I'll also get more pictures when it isn't a 100 degrees and humid and I'm wearing all black scrubs.

Anyway, I went with BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2's for the tires. Apparently they are really new and Discount had to special order me a set from the factory since supplies haven't been built up yet. Overall I'm really happy with my choice in tires and wheels, they look great and they are about 2lbs lighter than the stock set up per the Discount Tire scale.

Now it just needs a bit of low.

Oh and for fun we set these rims and tires up to the car, they actually work pretty well.
photo.jpg

Painted steelies with whitewalls are the bomb. I've actually thought of getting a set of steelies for my car, just for kicks.

Congrats on the Focus Titanium. I got to drive one at the Ford proving grounds here in Dearborn last summer. Nice ride and nice choice on the rims. I have those Team Dynamics on my Spec Miata.

I am getting ready to order a 2013 Mustang 5.0 in Gotta Have It Green. There are more Mustangs in Dearborn than any other place on the planet, so I will be looking to customize to get it to stand out a bit.

Motor City Hami
Congrats on the Focus Titanium. I got to drive one at the Ford proving grounds here in Dearborn last summer. Nice ride and nice choice on the rims. I have those Team Dynamics on my Spec Miata.

I am getting ready to order a 2013 Mustang 5.0 in Gotta Have It Green. There are more Mustangs in Dearborn than any other place on the planet, so I will be looking to customize to get it to stand out a bit.

Ick..one place I won't be going.

Instant improvement 👍 As you know I'm not a fan of the current Focus but with a bit of BTCC cool it immediately improves the looks a whole heap. Looks nice and squat at the back too, will be even better when lowered.

A buddy of mine just got his Mustang in the Gotta Have It Green, it's one of the best colours out there right now for a car I think. He put the Boss 302 exhaust on it too and it sounds really good. If I didn't drive so much and need room I'd probably have a Mustang.

👍 Looks great Joey! Love the wheels!
Wheels looks awesome Joey! I love the picture of the back, mean stance. :D

Thanks guys 👍

Instant improvement 👍 As you know I'm not a fan of the current Focus but with a bit of BTCC cool it immediately improves the looks a whole heap. Looks nice and squat at the back too, will be even better when lowered.

It does need a drop pretty bad but I don't think I'll be able to go as low as I want too. I'd like about a 2-2.5" drop but I don't want to replace struts every 20,000 miles. Steeda just released their springs for the car though and they do a 1" drop, which should be good. Plus their springs are proven to reduce understeer, which is always good.

A buddy of mine just got his Mustang in the Gotta Have It Green, it's one of the best colours out there right now for a car I think. He put the Boss 302 exhaust on it too and it sounds really good. If I didn't drive so much and need room I'd probably have a Mustang.

If you did have a Mustang, the new S197s anyway, I don't think you'd be disappointed. But yeah for practicality the Focus makes more sense.

It does need a drop pretty bad but I don't think I'll be able to go as low as I want too. I'd like about a 2-2.5" drop but I don't want to replace struts every 20,000 miles. Steeda just released their springs for the car though and they do a 1" drop, which should be good. Plus their springs are proven to reduce understeer, which is always good.

2.5" drop seems like a lot. I don't know how Michigan roads are but not only the roads but driveways and speed bumps. If it were a daily driver i'd go with a more modest lowering.

2.5" drop seems like a lot. I don't know how Michigan roads are but not only the roads but driveways and speed bumps. If it were a daily driver i'd go with a more modest lowering.

2.5 ain't a lot - at all.
Good to see you (finally) got wheels bud.. Get a set of quality coilovers, they'll last the car out.

eiriksmil
2.5 ain't a lot - at all.
Good to see you (finally) got wheels bud.. Get a set of quality coilovers, they'll last the car out.

Just looking out for everyday drivability.

Back