Jonboys Fanatec CSR-Elite News and Reviews...Updates now in OP

  • Thread starter Thread starter jonboy1066
  • 178 comments
  • 17,959 views
Messages
403
Messages
UKOG-jonboy
Messages
jonboy1066
Good news everyone.

I've been staying quiet about it until now. Some of you may remember my epic 12 episode series on youtube reviewing the Fanatec PWTS. On the back of that I've been on the books as a Fanatec Community tester so I have known for a long time that I'd be testing the CSR-Elite.

I had the confirmation from UPS since last week so I am expecting my CSR-Elite to arrive at my door tomorrow:



CSR-E.jpg




My plan ... much like I did with the PWTS is to make a series of review videos covering as many games as I can a videoing as much as I can in as many episodes as it takes to get the job done and be as thorough as possible. As there are the other 12 testers who won their positions on votes on this forum and elsewhere there is an embargo, so I'll not be able to publish any videos until the embargo is lifted but rest assured as soon as I can I'll be pub;lishing as many videos with as much information as I can..





Update .... Here's all my review vids in one place:


Unboxing



GamePOD



Overview



Review 1



Review 2 A Closer look at ACL
 
Last edited:
I feel like Bill Murray :)
 
Looking forward to seeing the review series 👍 Do you have a link to your PWTS vids please? :)
 
Looking forward to see your video's too.

As soon as you know the date the embargo is lifted, you will let us know? Keeps my F5 key from wearing out.
 
Do you own the T500 too Mate?
Look forward to your impressions.
 
Alas no I don't have a T500

My wheel history is,

PS1 - Joytech Rumble Force
PS2 - Logitech Driving Force Pro
XB360 - Microsoft Wireless Racing Wheel & Logitech DFX,

Then Fanatec offerings of PWTS, GT2 and now (well tomorrow) CSR-Elite
 
The GT2 is pretty new still, you need to upgrade already? Its comforting to see someone has bought multiple fanatec products. Apparently you haven't had the problems with them that some others have or you wouldn't be purchasing a third!
 
I'm somewhat patiently awaiting my 3rd Fanatec wheel ( CSR E )

I've owned:

G25 (sold)
Microsoft Racing Wheel (sold)
911 Turbo S (sold)
CSR
 
Jonboy did you do a CSR review?
 
Hi Jon, good to see you back on this forum thought we'd lost you. Your vids were my initial source of info on my pwts wheel 2 years ago. Look forward to your next ones.
 
I'd love to get an Elite wheel, they look awesome. Looking forward to the upcoming reviews. Now only if my pockets were a bit deeper.
 
Looks like other reviewers are receiving their wheel too today.

With any luck the embargo is lifted by the end of the wheel and we will see if our blind trust in Fanatec is rewarded.

What i'm most looking forward to is the comparison with the CSR Wheel, which i loved already.

I sold my CSR wheel a week before the preorders started, so the wait is realy killing me.

Since then i stopped playing : Forza 4, GT5 and F1 2011.

F1 2011 i never realy liked with the CSR and i wonder if the CSR Elite will be any different. The main issue is the DRS / KERS buttons which are unreachable while fully holding the wheelrim. Perhaps the higher precision and better FFB will make up for that.
 
The GT2 is pretty new still, you need to upgrade already?

Nope, no need to upgrade, my GT2 is in absolute tip top condition, but the opportunity to test and review the CSR-E was one not to be missed. I actually have 2 GT2 and a PWTS in my house, but as a community tester I wouldn't be much of one if I didn't step up and answer the call to test this beautiful looking pice of kit


Jonboy did you do a CSR review?

Nope 'friad not, there was either no call to test it or I didn't see the call in time.


Hi Jon, good to see you back on this forum thought we'd lost you. Your vids were my initial source of info on my pwts wheel 2 years ago. Look forward to your next ones.

Thank you for the kind words, I've not been around here much lately as I've not been playing GT5 for a very long time, but I know the community here is a very good, vibrant and rich one and to do a thorough test of this new wheel it wouldn't be complete without a test on GT5


Looks like other reviewers are receiving their wheel too today.

With any luck the embargo is lifted by the end of the wheel and we will see if our blind trust in Fanatec is rewarded.

What i'm most looking forward to is the comparison with the CSR Wheel, which i loved already.

I sold my CSR wheel a week before the preorders started, so the wait is realy killing me.

Since then i stopped playing : Forza 4, GT5 and F1 2011.

F1 2011 i never realy liked with the CSR and i wonder if the CSR Elite will be any different. The main issue is the DRS / KERS buttons which are unreachable while fully holding the wheelrim. Perhaps the higher precision and better FFB will make up for that.

Yeah I'm hoping for an embargo lift as soon as possible and as soon as it is, I'll be getting some reviews out, but this week I am working nights so I will need to sleep at some point.

'Fraid I can't compare it to the CSR as I don't have one, but I'll do the best I can to be as thorough as possible.

I can see youre issue with F1 '11 and the DRS KERS button positioning, for me, with the GT2, I mapped the DRS button to my clutch pedal so it's never been an issue and I guess the position of the 'D' Pad being more ergonomic than on the GT2 is a bigger pro for me than the con of the Kers button position.
 
Great to see someone else onboard testing the wheel.
Prepare your face for lots of smiling... :)
 
Yeah getting my big smile prepped ... hopping around the house at the moment waiting for the UPS man to arrive.

Gotta go to my kids school in half an hour for a meeting with the headmaster so it'll be just my luck UPS arrive while I'm out!
 
Good luck, hope to hear from you later...
 
Cheers, I'm back from my meeting at the school and still no sign of UPS.

Working nights tonight so need to get some sleep soon .... here's hoping the van comes sooner!
 
I know the UPS wait really well, I'll be in a very similar situation as you very soon. Hope you enjoy the wheel, I'll be looking forward to your write up very soon.
 
I HAVE THE WHEEL!!!!

My first video is made, but I wont release it until I get the go ahead from Thomas but stay tuned for my reviews!

Cheers

JB
 
Get some sleep then.
 
Sweet dreams are made of this!
Who am I to disagree
:)
 
jonboy1066
I HAVE THE WHEEL!!!!

My first video is made, but I wont release it until I get the go ahead from Thomas but stay tuned for my reviews!

Cheers

JB

Let me guess... The unboxing video. ;)
 
waiting for the reviews... can someone explain to me why we need to wait for reviews if pre-orders were made available. I would have made a pre-order before they were taken down, but refuse to do so without a proper review on a $500+ wheel
 
I HAVE THE WHEEL!!!!

My first video is made, but I wont release it until I get the go ahead from Thomas but stay tuned for my reviews!

Cheers

JB

1sm213sharepopcorn.gif
O.K. When does the Video begin
1sm213sharepopcorn.gif
 
gslooney
O.K. When does the Video begin

Thomas is giving everyone a week ish. So I reckon second half of next week.

Wish he'd send me a CSW. Guess I'll finish Batman Arkham City and Assassins Creed Revelations before then. So I won't be bored.
 
This thing make jealous to don't have Forza 4. I have GT5 and the T500RS but I'd like to play Forza 4 but only if I have this wheel !!!
Too expensive ...
 
1sm213sharepopcorn.gif
O.K. When does the Video begin
1sm213sharepopcorn.gif


I don't know if I can state when the videos can be out, but rest assured I have already made my first one and you won't have to wait too long for it to be released.
 
Anybody know the CSRE shipping box weight and dimensions?
 
Back