Jordan Interview Coming...

• Thread starter maxpontiac
  • 68 comments
I saw the interview and seems that Jordan and I have the same opinions. That´s good to hear/see coming from the creator of this "fan site".

At least he (Jordan) is as objective as everybody "should be" with the game and he saw the problems as many of us, that´s why we all make critics about it. (hoping to PD see this and make it better in the future no more no less)

A little bit out of topic since people keep talking about it...

:drool:

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1872665/gt6_critics_of_kazunori_shortsighted_says_fansite_owner.html

Criticism of Gran Turismo series director Kazunori Yamauchi over comments he made about GT5’s engine sounds being ‘too real’ were ‘short-sighted’ according to the owner of the leading GT fansite.

GT Planet head honcho Jordan Greer told NowGamer: “In one of my recent interviews with Kazunori, I had a chance to ask him about [engine sounds].

“His opinion was that GT's engine sounds were "too real” and said they could do more to "design" the sound and make it "sexier".

“He was widely mocked for the "too real" comment, but I think most of the criticism was short-sighted, as he clearly acknowledged the issue and described how it can be fixed. I'm confident we'll see (or hear) improvements in the next game [GT6]."

Do you think the criticism levied at Kazunori was justified? Or do you think the game does need ‘sexier’ engine sounds? Let us know in the comments below or via Twitter on @NowGamer_Feed

Stay tuned to NowGamer for the full interview with Jordan Greer in the coming days.

I am so looking forward to this..
i saw this and thought of the old f1 team and thinking their cars might be coming to gt6

foxiol are u from uruaguay or spain?

Uruguayan living in Spain and I have double nationality. So I am Spanish too. Go figure.

I guess you are Uruguayan too because of "Suarez", could be? 👍

I have a friend living in New Zeland too and some other people in Australia too.

(super out of topic)

His opinion was that GT's engine sounds were "too real”

Anyone can find a video on YouTube that clearly shows that some (if not many) GT car sounds are way off the mark, e.g., Sauber C9. Mr. Kazunori seems delusional on this particular issue for failing to see or acknowledge the obvious (GT's engine sounds are not too real).

Last edited:
Uruguayan living in Spain and I have double nationality. So I am Spanish too. Go figure.

I guess you are Uruguayan too because of "Suarez", could be? 👍

I have a friend living in New Zeland too and some other people in Australia too.

(super out of topic)

no im pure aussie . i just love liverpool and love luis suarez
yeah i know it was off topic but i was just curious:)
lol just read how i asked and it seemed disrespectful, hope thats not how it came accross

Last edited:
I posted this in another thread a while back, but merits a repost. This explains to me what Kaz might have meant by engine sounds being too realistic:

See, I think the problem is that the sounds are too "clean" rather than "too realistic" - they're "too realistic" in Kaz's eyes in that they've been cleaned up to sound extremely pure, but then we miss the distortions as this video points out. So PD cleaned out the grumbly sounds you'd normally hear, but wouldn't be picked up by a high-end microphone. T10 adds this distortion, but a bit too much of it at times; though I find it over all more realistic than GT5's sound.

If the cars had more of a grumbly or growly sound rather than a steady tone, I think the issue would be mostly fixed, as this video showed.

\/
\/
\/
it is worth mentioning that "translator-san", kazunori's famous translator and polyphony digital employee (he's responsible for translating the text to english in the games), was not present at sema last year and did not translate my interview.

He was injured in an accident - a broken leg or ankle, if i recall correctly - that prevented him from travelling, so sony brought in an independent translator to help with the interview. I had a chat with her and she wasn't familiar with the gran turismo series before the assignment.

Her lack of understanding of the larger context of kazunori's comments may have contributed to some mis-translations.

Back