JordanColePhotos

• Thread starter DaehlateM
  • 56 comments
Not sure how you are handling exposures on the car, but it looks very CGI (especially the second one) to the point it feels fake.

I agree with @Azuremen, each seems to be two photographs mixed together. I see loads of blue/white pull on one side and lots of orange/yellow pull on the other.

I scribbled on the second, these are the parts that appear most fake (the tyres are very unconvincing).

Can I do better? No way :D

Porsh.JPG

5-8 exposures for all three of these.

On the first one I had 3 exposures for the light painting, one for the car's lights, one for ambiance, one for the sky and one for the shop lights. I mean, technically, they are all cgi. I didn't just go snap one picture and call it a day...pretty lengthy process, but it's what sells and gets the most attention which is what I'm after. Like I said, still learning. Thanks for the feedback though.

Last edited:
5-8 exposures for all three of these. On the second one, I have a feeling its the shadow that is not selling the image, it's obviously added in. The sun isn't out in either of the bottom two.

On the first one I had 3 exposures for the light painting, one for the car's lights, one for ambiance, one for the sky and one for the shop lights. I mean, technically, they are all cgi. I didn't just go snap one picture and call it a day...pretty lengthy process, but it's what sells and gets the most attention which is what I'm after. Like I said, still learning. Thanks for the feedback though, that's what I want more than anything.

Heavy post production is a large part of why I stopped caring about automotive photography in general. While very technical and neat, it is very gimmicky feeling at a glance and tends to become a crutch over solid composition and location choices. Looking through your flickr, it is very apparent you understand post production in the HDR and merger way, but your composition and setups are lacking.

To be blunt, your images look fairly generic. Well produced, but generic. I suggest you shoot 1 or 2 exposures for an image and work on composition and ambient lighting rather than pushing 8 exposure mergers and light painting. Useful tricks to know, but I feel they are constraining you too heavily. And you can do quite a bit in a single exposure.

You might have to UP your game.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-gallery-by-nbdesignz-08-10-14.291187/

This guy DOES it with ONLY the game!

And a little PS, but you do as well very noticeably. Just something to think about when you, as we know, take someone's cheque.
Yes, but you are limited to the cars in the game and you cannot take pictures of the interior.
Sorry man. Not really trying to offend the guy but the 911RSR!? Surely it's a lasso/path and cut out.
It kind of came off a little offensive to me. Constructive criticism should be welcomed by any photographer, but just saying that someone is better than someone else and emphasizing that is not kind. @DaehlateM's photos are awesome and jaw-dropping. You cannot make one person someone else, it's not possible.

I'm not offended, not even slightly. Like I didn't expect a video game forum to be overly critical and over analyze every little detail. Of course there is a **** ton of post processing, but I still have to physically take the photo(s). 99% of the time, my client is standing behind me watching me shoot. I never hide the fact that I process photos, it's...what I do, lol.

I have a 9-5, but I'm working my ass off to maybe make this a career because I'm burnt out sitting behind a desk. I wish I could complain to you about how bad it was driving that GT3 to that location, but...it didn't. I'm having fun, doing what I want to do and would honestly do it for free.

I'll put it this way because I'm a drummer. Do I want to impress other drummers or do I want to get the gig?

No worries bud. The other guy seemed offended on your behalf. Great stuff that your trying to change carreer path, and i commend you.

'Video game' forum with lots of real world applicable sections within. Were you expecting just gushing praise, when posting your works in public? www.Wakeupcall.com

Yes, its all about getting the gig. But once you have, you've still got to impress the crowd when you play out there. Or you don't get the next gig. I'd be worried though, if a drummer with a childs toy kit played as well as I did.

But your right, suppose my artistic integrity would get in the way, why play the live percussion of the MX-5 photo, when the crowd want synthesised drum loops.

Apologies for being overly critical, I was expecting to be blown away when looking in this section. And I haven't.
Especially when expensive Zeiss lenses have been purchased. I've wrongly taken my unimpressedness!? solely out on you and I apologise.
Keep getting the gigs mate.

Eat.Sleep.Race.Repeat.

Last edited:
Yes, but you are limited to the cars in the game and you cannot take pictures of the interior.

It kind of came off a little offensive to me. Constructive criticism should be welcomed by any photographer, but just saying that someone is better than someone else and emphasizing that is not kind. @DaehlateM's photos are awesome and jaw-dropping. You cannot make one person someone else, it's not possible.

I didn't say he was better, I said he uses the game, and inferring, for a fraction of the price is getting similar results as somebody using very expensive equipment. I think I would like this pointed out. But Jordan is getting commissions so who gives a......
The first comment is irrelevant.

From an Adeist.

I didn't say he was better, I said he uses the game, and inferring, for a fraction of the price is getting similar results as somebody using very expensive equipment.
From an Adeist.

Comparing someone's results in a game to someone's photo's of real life objects is what prompted my response. It just makes absolutely no sense to me.

But what if they are comparable?

Anyhow, my initial indifference of real photos having "a **** ton of post processing" has been tempered by the arrival of a Gulf liveried MX-5.

More photos please Mr Cole, I will not clutter your thread with comment again. I'm starting to feel like Clarkson at a gas station.

Last edited:
You're fine, dude. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and those opinions can't be wrong because they are yours. I would never tell someone they are wrong for having an opinion because I am very opinionated myself. I'm still trying everything to find what works...I'm new at all this. I've got a GT2 RS to shoot on Wednesday, weather permitting, and I've scouted out numerous new locations this past week. I'm pretty excited about it!

IMG_4991 by JordanColePhotos.com, on Flickr

IMG_0180 by JordanColePhotos.com, on Flickr

Back