Journal of '24H of Nürburgring' - Chaparral 2D '67

• Thread starter Welsh-Fury
  • 86 comments
i really liked this idea of you doing this. im thinking of doing this in the ferrari p4 race car

Good luck to you on that. ^_^

Just be sure you can do about 8 minute laps, then you should have a good race with the AI all through the race.

I think electricity providers don't like Gran Turismo for some strange reason...:odd:

Wait a sec, you left your PS3 on for 16 days to do 10 hours of racing? At that rate, it would have taken you a month and a half to do just the one event. Now that's dedication.

I plan on trying again in the next week or so so this thread isn't a complete waste. Same field, similar weather, ect.

:ouch: That sucks, but who can afford to leave there PS3 on that long? I think it's a waist of energy. I did the Le Mans 24 in two days, 12 hours one & 12 the next, then a day later I did it again. Pretty much did 2 of them in 4 or so days.

:ouch: That sucks, but who can afford to leave there PS3 on that long? I think it's a waist of energy. I did the Le Mans 24 in two days, 12 hours one & 12 the next, then a day later I did it again. Pretty much did 2 of them in 4 or so days.

that's fairly impressive but keep in mind that's Le Mans not the Nurburgring, Le Mans is less demanding. But that's still a hard thing to do(for me anyways).

Last edited:
that's fairly impressive but keep in mind that's Le Mans not the Nurburgring, Le Mans is less demanding. But that's still a hard thing to do(for me anyways).

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of a huge technical tracks though so I'll probably do this 24hr race only once.

Great thread, now Im looking forward to the 24 hour.

I wonder if lap-times are decreased due to the cooler temperature increasing both power and traction (Cooler track = more grip). If GT5 had this ability, I would be amazed.

Finally revived and back in action with the same field and dry weather all the way through the race to the 9 hour margin. Going for broke now to finish this race with the 2D!

Nice, I'm at the 11 hour mark.. when does the sun begin to rise.. somewhere around 13 or 14 hours I guess. Also, your 2D has about 100 more HP than mine?

..Oh well, I'm leading by a lap anyway.

Nice, I'm at the 11 hour mark.. when does the sun begin to rise.. somewhere around 13 or 14 hours I guess. Also, your 2D has about 100 more HP than mine?

lol tidy! keep it up.....

should of done one of these over the weekend...just had 5 days off lol, might have to do one next weekend

Damn, a lap?

Is the AI running 7:50~ laps from your side? When I set my 7:48 lap, I made almost no time on second.

Yeah, I started the race in rain.. might be part of the reason as to why I'm so far ahead. But I do beleive the R10 is catching me now.. (I'm at 18 hours) They must be pretty slow.

Latest Posts

Back