JP players really are the masters at drifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys do realise that the scoring system on GT5 is a complete Joke right? If you want me to think you are number one, meet me on the track. I will judge for myself if you come any close to the skills of Team Nemesis, let alone be a better driver.

Please explain me how of a joke it is. (Not provoking, i just really want to read your explanation)

Mih
Please explain me how of a joke it is. (Not provoking, i just really want to read your explanation)

The fact that a crappy little FF hatchback can rack up points by rocking back and forth at 30 MPH is one of many reasons.

The fact that a crappy little FF hatchback can rack up points by rocking back and forth at 30 MPH is one of many reasons.

Ah, yes, but not all the time that thing happens, or before it, people always said that. Speed 12 times and stuff. When people used those cars, even if you use them, download their replay and see they drifting, beat their score is extremelly hard! So, when this is the case, i fail to see how of a joke it is, as it counts your angle, speed and line.

Mih
Ah, yes, but not all the time that thing happens, or before it, people always said that. Speed 12 times and stuff. When people used those cars, even if you use them, download their replay and see they drifting, beat their score is extremely hard! So, when this is the case, i fail to see how of a joke it is, as it counts your angle, speed and line.

Drifting is so much more than just hitting the right line. :/ Which has actually NOTHING to do with drifting as a sport or hobby. Drifting is either
- Competitions: Qualifying, based on 3 points below.

The points system that has been implemented is a complete failure.
1) Not only are the lines people taking no different from the racing line (which irl, they definitely are :/)

2) Your speed does NOT count. Actually, the more time you spend in a zone the better it is, right? So it works counterproductive.

3) And angle... Well... Try making a reverse entry, see how good the point system works then!

And they skip the battles.

- Matsuri like events, but you can't have those by yourself right?

They normally drift in the other way, like, reverse from a racing line. It obviously will be different, and only reverse entries do not count, if you get an angle of 89 deegres it still counts, now, up to you to keep it below 90 deegres.

Competitions and battles are not the idea, as it is just an event and has nothing to do with the scoring system.

Mih
Ah, yes, but not all the time that thing happens,

It happens virtually every time there's an unrestricted event! Also, I don't know how people drift speed 12's. Do they go full 1,000 horsepower or like 800 and lower?

Mih
They normally drift in the other way, like, reverse from a racing line. It obviously will be different, and only reverse entries do not count, if you get an angle of 89 deegres it still counts, now, up to you to keep it below 90 deegres.

Competitions and battles are not the idea, as it is just an event and has nothing to do with the scoring system.

Wrong, they drift how the judges want them to. It has nothing to do with the racing line. That, plus reverse entries not allowed, plus no battles or events... It's not drifting, lol.

Someone try to beat my score, this is why I am the top American. No other Americans like to drift the way I do. Trust me its fun when you see yourself on the top 256 leaderboards out of the hundreds of thousands of people who has tried the same drift as you.

anthaliscious
Seasonal events are a joke, and show nothing about ones skill level :lol:

100% agree. Plus like it has been said before the racing line is a joke. And it isn't the fastest way around the track

Someone try to beat my score, this is why I am the top American. No other Americans like to drift the way I do. Trust me its fun when you see yourself on the top 256 leaderboards out of the hundreds of thousands of people who has tried the same drift as you.

You're funny. Points don't mean anything.

Right. I don't even do the seasonals anymore and haven't for a long time.

I occasionally do seasonals, well, until I get frustrated and give up.

The drift trials really aren't worth playing as they have stupid restrictions, use stupid tracks, and the leaderboards are full of people using stupid cars. Such cars include, but are not limited to the horrible Honda Beat, nauseating Nissan MM-r Cup Car, and many other awful cars.

CallmeDan
I occasionally do seasonals, well, until I get frustrated and give up.

The drift trials really aren't worth playing as they have stupid restrictions, use stupid tracks, and the leaderboards are full of people using stupid cars. Such cars include, but are not limited to the horrible Honda Beat, nauseating Nissan MM-r Cup Car, and many other awful cars.

Oh yeah I am just talking about the drift trails. But yeah anyway.

But yeah some of my friends have Japanese accounts. There are many Japanese people that join different countries server's as the same vice versa.

Oh others are having the same thought.. About the Seasonal (Drift) Events. It's like it wants you to hit a certain line. Mostly like the very light skid markings on the road is pretty much the ideal line I think. But Speed is also a good factor because you want to actually be slower instead of faster -_-? I normally drive the opposite. But points only multiply faster when you're going a certain slow speed. ugh.. Well when you think about it how else was PD suppose to make the drift Trials?

Omg in other news I had a really bad day on GT5 yesterday.. Why is there so many arrogant jerks on Gran Turismo? I join a lobby with some girl being host, At Daytona Speedway, who seemed to do nothing but talk. Then 3 guys park their car near her in the road -_-.. So I join just to see if my new tune can still drift around Daytona's corners which it did! <3. But it had a bit of trans problem. ANYWAY, I join another lobby full of MLR/MLDs.. So they start drama because my entry message is "Skill over Mods/Hacks". It's preference meaning what I like. I'm not saying you're automatically garbage if you mod/hack cars.. So some guy "Boso and Seb" figure they'd be Hardcore pros and start causing problems. I have to keep telling people I'm not interested in pathetic online insults. I'm sorry but.. Guys on PSN are just.. Extremely lame when it comes to insults. They HAVE to have a friend to be there with them. They always need that friend to laugh at their lame jokes/insults.. It's the same thing everytime.. This goes on a bit too much.. It's pathetic when Team leaders can't even keep their team in line. They're only making their team look bad. Especially Dangerkid. Great example for the team.

Omg in other news I had a really bad day on GT5 yesterday.. Why is there so many arrogant jerks on Gran Turismo? I join a lobby with some girl being host, At Daytona Speedway, who seemed to do nothing but talk. Then 3 guys park their car near her in the road -_-.. So I join just to see if my new tune can still drift around Daytona's corners which it did! <3.

What really is the problem in here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back