July Car Pack

I've read it's been leaked on the marketplace. So the list should be right.
Cuz we've never heard that before.

I'll buy any pack that has the McLaren in it just for that one car. I'm hoping its this one because of the Merc's though.👍

I can't wait for this.

kia-Forte-Koup-Concept-024-800-748466.jpg

Aw, that sucks. I never race outside of the A/E multiclass hopper so a lot of the supercars are irrelevant to me.

Aw, that sucks. I never race outside of the A/E multiclass hopper so a lot of the supercars are irrelevant to me.

Pull a GT and buy it just to own, take pictures of, and swing around a couple of corners. :D

My other problem is that I like race for a night, make enough money to build a new car, and repeat...

As excited as I am for the C63, I'm even more excited at the thought of buying a second and putting the SL65's V12 into a 4-door of that size. Epic stuff.

The Mercedes tend to have either the V12 CLK-GTR motor or the SLR's supercharged V8 as swap options. The V12 is a little too peaky in my opinion.

Doesn't it already have enough older cars...these packs need to be fresh and new to fit with the hip-hop audience a lot of people tend to desire (not everyone of course as seen in this board)

New cars, new experience, new fans :) (I love older cars don't get me wrong...but I think I see where they are going with this)

Doesn't it already have enough older cars...these packs need to be fresh and new to fit with the hip-hop audience a lot of people tend to desire (not everyone of course as seen in this board)

New cars, new experience, new fans :) (I love older cars don't get me wrong...but I think I see where they are going with this)

Yes, but isn't this a bit excessive? The only car pack featuring classics will be the Jalopnik one. And as far as the older cars already in the game, the roster is sorely lacking. For example, FM3 could really use some classic race cars. Why not add some variety?

Clearly many of you guys don't share my perspective, which is fine - to each his own. I do like two of the cars in this pack (the McLaren and the Fiat), but I can't bring myself to spend money on the rest.

More proof Turn 10 hates cars built before the year 2009. 👎

It probably has to do with availability and money. New cars are easy to get a hold of and manufacturers will sell the license for cheaper as it's a form of advertising.

Yes, but isn't this a bit excessive? The only car pack featuring classics will be the Jalopnik one. And as far as the older cars already in the game, the roster is sorely lacking. For example, FM3 could really use some classic race cars. Why not add some variety?

Clearly many of you guys don't share my perspective, which is fine - to each his own. I do like two of the cars in this pack (the McLaren and the Fiat), but I can't bring myself to spend money on the rest.

I (and many others) agree with you. Some of the cars they put in the DLC packs are dime a dozen that you expect to come with each new game, not pay separately for. It feels like a waste to put in cars like the Mazda 2 when you could have the Porsche 917 or BMW E39 M5.

One of the things I always thought Forza had on GT, was the distilled car list. While Yamauchi clearly knows car history, but he always put in a bunch of shopping cars and millions of variations of japanese sports cars among the few good ones (Incidentally this is something Yamauchi has gotten better at with GT5, like adding Ferrari and Lamborghini).

Forza was more evenly spread out between Japan, USA and Europe and they only added the important models. It felt like they hand-picked each car, instead of just putting in each new car they see in the showrooms like they do now with the DLC.

Anyway, on the whole I think it's good that Turn 10 continue to support Forza 3 with DLC and most of the time, it's worth paying for. But I'm still paying for it, so I don't mind criticizing the content. This month's pack is one of the better they've done, but I really wish we could have gotten the Lexus LFA instead of the Acura TSX...

Every racing game does it.

Every racing game has a focus on newer cars, I'll agree with that. But I can think of many other games - GT, Enthusia, the old Race Driver and Colin McRae series, even arcade titles like PGR and TDU - that do a better job of representing classic cars. I understand it's what the manufacturers want, and I'm not even saying older cars should be the majority. But at least two per pack would be a good start.

A Kia Forte? Oh great, another soulless car that's more at home in your granny's garage than your virtual one.

A Kia Forte? Oh great, another soulless car that's more at home in your granny's garage than your virtual one.

Actually, the Forte is pretty awesome. The one they're using in Grand Am can reportedly get over 200mph...or at least it could if Grand-Am would let them.

I'd imagine when it comes to cars and the in-game and DLC question, manufacturers are likely more willing to offer licenses for a variety of cars if there is a decently sized roster, whereas they probably see DLC as perfect for pushing their newest wares and that affects the cars we get. I can't honestly see T10 wanting to put a Mazda 2 in the game, but I can see Mazda thinking it's advantageous to include it as it's newly launched in the US, IIRC. On the flip-side, Mazda or any other company wouldn't benefit from advertising if they allowed a MK.1 RX7 for example.

I'm glad Turn 10 are working so hard on these profit-earning DLC packs instead of fixing the two tone paint glitch and vinyl alignment glitch and pre-tuned starter car glitch and all the other bugs that make playing this game so frustrating...:mad:

I'm glad Turn 10 are working so hard on these profit-earning DLC packs instead of fixing the two tone paint glitch and vinyl alignment glitch and pre-tuned starter car glitch and all the other bugs that make playing this game so frustrating...:mad:

👍👍👍

I don't even know what any of those are.

i think the two tone paint glitch is when you make your car one of those funky two tone paint and then put vinyls over it. the paint shines through, over powering the vinyls.

i see it a lot on the sf.

Latest Posts

Back