Jump tracks?

• Thread starter GT-Formula
  • 19 comments
Dom00000
I'm new here and just got forza 4 after having my fair share of gt5 since launch. Anyway I was wondering if there are any tracks that have big jumps in it?

I think Maple Valley has an area before the bridge that, depending on car/speed, can launch a little bit but nothing extreme. There may be others but I can't recall right now.

^ On the reverse section of that track (so just after the bridge now) you can get quite a good jump, although once again it depends on speed and car.

I know some people used Infineon for jumps but I was never interested enough to find out where these jumps were.

Jumps on Infineon? No, I don't think so.

I believe the OP's referring to jumps as a result of accelerating on straights, not bouncing off curbs.

There's one on Maple Valley. One on Bernese Alps (full). Camino Extreme. Iberion (full) [straight, not reverse].

Think that's about it. Pretty sure.

I miss Rally Di Positano... the real one... there was a decent jump on that track. :)

Positano full was one of the best tracks in FM3.

I really do not understand the logic behind "ditch the old stuff and add in new" just because it's a newer game.

RDP was a pretty long track... i think it was too labour intensive to remodel for the new lighting system given the resources and time available. It's a shame because the new tyre model makes those corners which were frustrating in FM3 a lot easier to navigate.

RDP was a pretty long track... i think it was too labour intensive to remodel for the new lighting system given the resources and time available. It's a shame because the new tyre model makes those corners which were frustrating in FM3 a lot easier to navigate.

Hmm, yes. But I wonder why they completely scraped Lemans Bugatti track, and Camino Extreme Reverse. There was more than ample space on Disc 2. They could have used that for at least 3 or 4 additional tracks.

Im talking about stuff like this. 👍

For sure mayen! Positano full had a really nice jump or two.

I revisit FM3 now and then.. just to take in the old tracks. And some tracks in M3 do look prettier! But then after I experience the sound and physics in M4, it makes me want to NOT go back to FM3! Go figure! :P

If FM4 had Rally di Positano Full, and some of the other abandoned tracks, I might still be playing it. Am I alone in thinking FM5 should have more new/revived tracks than new cars?

Jumps on Infineon? No, I don't think so.

If the OP means actually part of the circuit then you are correct, but the hills around the circuit can be used to get some big air, I believe it is the IRL circuit where you can find the jump, after you go round the blind 180 degree roughly 90 MPH left sweeper it should be on the right side on the following straight.

^ And I agree that we need more tracks, it's one of a few things I think GT does so much better, I'd buy FM5 even if it added no new cars but just new tracks.

If FM4 had Rally di Positano Full, and some of the other abandoned tracks, I might still be playing it. Am I alone in thinking FM5 should have more new/revived tracks than new cars?

This is why I go back to FM3 now and then. Unfortunately, in my case, after experiencing the sound and physics in FM4, I just don't feel like going back to it anytime soon!! :drool:

I think FM5 should focus LESS on an insane car roster from the get go, and MORE focus on quality race tracks (and a lot of them), while bringing back tracks from previous games. Also, ironing out ALL issues from previous games would be a BIG plus! :bowdown:

A fully featured track editor would be even better. Then the community would be making all the tracks for them.

Track editors are rarely given the memory space or pieces needed to create proper tracks, though. A complex track editor wouldn't seem out of place next to the vinyl editor and the possibilities it offers, but if the track filesizes are too big, you wouldn't be able to race with others online.

I don't see any reason they couldn't add a canned auto-generator like GT5's. Can you race those tracks online?

Track editors are rarely given the memory space or pieces needed to create proper tracks, though. A complex track editor wouldn't seem out of place next to the vinyl editor and the possibilities it offers, but if the track filesizes are too big, you wouldn't be able to race with others online.

I don't see any reason they couldn't add a canned auto-generator like GT5's. Can you race those tracks online?

Yes you can race them online and you can even download other peoples tracks and race on them whenever you want.

^ Nifty. Despite it not being "random", and sometimes rearranging the entire course when you tweak a single number, that was a really neat feature, one of the bright spots of GT5. During my rental of the game, I spent more time on the generator and rally mode than any of the actual tracks.

An alliance between a franchise published directly by Sony and a franchise published directly by Microsoft? Somehow that seems a tad unlikely. :lol:

There's somewhere around the Nurburgring (GP circuit not Nordschleife) where you can get some air, grassy area, not the main track. I came across it on Youtube, search "Forza Jump" or something and it may well come up, someone trying to set records for most cars jumped over :)

Back