• Racing Clutch & Flywheel
  • Sport Soft Tires

Assist Settings:
  • Brake Balance - 0
  • Traction Control - 0
  • Countersteering Assist - Off
  • Active Stability Management - Off

Tuning Notes:
This car didn't really 'need' a tune per se, but any stock car can be improved upon.

SR3 SL Spa.jpg

Jerome

Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe '64 - 604.36PP

Watkins Glenn - Full Course - 1:58.909

Performance Upgrades:

• Fully Customizable Racing Transmission
  • Fully Customizable Suspension
  • Racing Brakes
  • Racing Brake Pads
  • Sport Soft Tires

Assist Settings:
  • Brake Balance - 0
  • Traction Control - 0

Tuning Notes:
As you might expect, this car needed some heavy tuning to keep her on the line and on the track. That old school engine sound is one of my favs too. You may want to try TCS 1 if you keep overdriving her.

Cobra Daytona Glenn.jpg

Jerome

Nissan R92CP '92 - 875.76PP

Circuit De Barcelona-Catalunya GP - 1:38.840

Performance Upgrades:

• Racing Brakes
  • Racing Brake Pads
  • Racing Hard Tires

Assist Settings:
  • Brake Balance - 0
  • Traction Control - 0

Tuning Notes:
This is a top 10 car in all of Gran Turismo's long running history. I decided tot ake her to something slightly more twisty to see if I can tame her a bit. It's a legendary combo if you love GR. 1 cars.

R92CP Catalunya.jpg

Jerome

Honda NSX GT500 '08 - 799.96PP

Circuit De Sainte-Croix A - 2:57.639

Performance Upgrades:

• Racing Brakes
  • Racing Brake Pads
  • Racing Hard Tires

Assist Settings:
  • Brake Balance - 0
  • Traction Control - 0

Tuning Notes:
I read somewhere that you could use a Gr. 2 car in career mode's WTC 800 races, so I naturally picked this car #nsxfanboy This was my tune for one of these St. Croix races, I just ran a few laps at A as I couldn't recall which layout it was in the career mode.

NSX GT500.jpg

Jerome

Ford Focus Rally Car '15 - 589.38PP

Fisherman's Ranch - 3:04.144

Performance Upgrades:

• Racing Brakes
  • Racing Brake Pads
  • Dirt Tires

Assist Settings:
  • Brake Balance - 0
  • Traction Control - 0

Tuning Notes:
Maybe I'm a masochist, but I love the Ranch, one of the best tracks PD has ever made #ludicriousclaim! The Focus car is very well balanced and I recommend it for any of the rally challenges, especially the new Rallycross track.

Focus.jpg

Jerome

Nissan Z Performance '23 - 580.09PP

Trial Mountain Circuit - 2:07.627

Performance Upgrades:

• Racing Brakes
  • Racing Brake Pads
  • Sport Soft Tires

Assist Settings:
  • Brake Balance - 0
  • Traction Control - 0

Tuning Notes:
This car was one of the hardest cars I've tried to tune yet. It's a Real McCoy of sports cars, a tribute to the classics in every way, especially in the way it loses grip in the rear tires :lol:

Z Performance.jpg

Jerome

Hi, first of all thank you very much for all the setups you have shared... Second of all I want to state that my knowledge is very limited when it comes to car setups, but I have been working in a setup for the NSX Type R '92 in Suzuka with Racing Hard tyres and I'm interested to see if you could come up with a setup for said combo, surely yours will be better even if it's at default PP.

Hi, first of all thank you very much for all the setups you have shared... Second of all I want to state that my knowledge is very limited when it comes to car setups, but I have been working in a setup for the NSX Type R '92 in Suzuka with Racing Hard tyres and I'm interested to see if you could come up with a setup for said combo, surely yours will be better even if it's at default PP.
Sure, I'd be happy to come up with something for you there. However, I'll put sport soft tires on her. I don't like to put racing tires on non-racing cars usually. But you can just slap them on and go to town anyway :)

If you want to post what you have, I can try and guide you in the right direction too before I start on my tune for her.

Jerome

Last edited:
Sure, I'd be happy to come up with something for you there. However, I'll put sport soft tires on her. I don't like to put racing tires on non-racing cars usually. But you can just slap them on and go to town anyway :)

If you want to post what you have, I can try and guide you in the right direction too before I start on my tune for her.

Jerome
That would be great, thank you so much... this is what I have at the moment
Honda NSX Type R '92 Setup Page_1.jpg
Honda NSX Type R '92 Setup Page_2.jpg

I started with the default and started changing things one at the time to get a fill for how it changed the handling of the car. Like I said my knowledge is very limited so I mainly changed things at random without knowing what they'll do and then try the car to see what actually happened to the handling. I changed so many things back and forth I couldn't really tell you how I got to what I have :lol: at the moment I can run consistently easy on 2:09 - 2:08, with my fastest lap being 2:07.5xx

I should say that the setup is to participate in a race on this site and so there is a couple of things I must adhere to like Racing tyres, non-stock parts as well as 25 Kg of ballast (which I moved forward after watching a video where it said that it's the easiest thing to correct an oversteery car like this one, and it was indeed an improvement)

First rule of tuning a car is, there's many ways to skin a cat :lol:

Based on what I'm seeing here (not yet driven your setup yet) I would start by turning down the dampers extension to 40 front and back. Having this too strong can add more body roll and weight transfer that could amplify any oversteer.

Try 35 front damper compression and 30 rear damper compression. This helps tame oversteery cars the best imo, or atleast a great way to start.

Moving to the drivetrain, in GT games, I find having them all turned down to 5 typically smoothes out the car and can help settle it down, I don't know how else to explain it. While doing that will give you less acceleration, you can circle back to this after the rest of the tune is done and increase the Accel. Sens. up 5 notches at a time or so until the car seems to drive unstable again.

For me, one of the biggest causes of oversteer is front toe, while it can help the car turn in better, it can also introduce oversteer at the beginning of the turn, so try it as 0.0 up to 0.5 (I'd suggest 0.0).

The spring rate is a little offset, with the rear being stronger that will induce oversteer, so try kicking that down to 2.8 or so and leave the front where it is. I dont know where on theslider these numbers are, but for oversteery cars, softer-to-medium is typically better.

Next, the sway bars are a bit high, that too will cause the car to react quicker and give more weight transfer, try setting it to 5 on the front and 4 in the back.

Ride height, I'd say for this car try putting front and back right in the middle of the slider, then maybe drop the rear 5 ticks if you want. By giving the car some more height and 'range' it can soften the oversteer tendencies a bit.

The downforce plays a huge role in tuning cars as it can basically override any adjustments you make, or be a one stop shop for fixing oversteery cars. The trade off is top speed and acceleration in a straight line. So for tracks like Fuji, don't be fooled into increasing your cars rear wing and calling it a day, you'll end up losing along that front straight. However, for Suzuka, you could run rear wing for days.

HTH a bit, I'll try and get a tune going for her today/tomorrow.

Jerome

Last edited:
Thank you so much for all the info, it's great stuff, I'll make the changes and I may give it a go today =, if not I'll try it tomorrrow...
👍:bowdown::bowdown:

Honda NSX Type R '92 - 576.21PP

Suzuka Circuit - 2:17.931

Performance Upgrades:

• Racing Brakes
  • Racing Brake Pads
  • Sport Soft Tires

Assist Settings:
  • Brake Balance - 0
  • Traction Control - 0

Tuning Notes:
A classic combo; Senna is why I love the NSX so much. With this tune, you'll need to let the car settle for just a split second as you exit the tight chicane to end the lap; she does have her limits. She reacts best when you hit your brake zone on time and let her settle, then turn inward. She's so rewarding when you get it right, especially here at Suzuka. Take the double lefts with this in mind, you'll shave tenths as you exit down the long back straight. Have fun!

1.jpg

Jerome

Hi Jerome, I have tried your setup (although I run it with default wing values as I thought 20 must be a mistake?) it's definetly more stable than mine, and hence faster as I was able to take about 7 tenths to my PB on my first clean lap, and it wasn't nowhere close to a perfect lap.
It took some laps to get used to it but once I got it, it is indeed very rewarding this car.
There is a couple of things that I think I could change that will make me even faster but I will research that on my own as I wouldn't want to trouble you anymore 😁
I still have to try mine with your corrections to see how it goes

Hi Jerome, I have tried your setup (although I run it with default wing values as I thought 20 must be a mistake?) it's definetly more stable than mine, and hence faster as I was able to take about 7 tenths to my PB on my first clean lap, and it wasn't nowhere close to a perfect lap.
It took some laps to get used to it but once I got it, it is indeed very rewarding this car.
There is a couple of things that I think I could change that will make me even faster but I will research that on my own as I wouldn't want to trouble you anymore 😁
I still have to try mine with your corrections to see how it goes
She doesn't have a wing installed in my setup. If you do put a wing on her, you could probably increase the Accel. Sens. a bit as the wing will keep her in line.

Jerome

First rule of tuning a car is, there's many ways to skin a cat :lol:

Based on what I'm seeing here (not yet driven your setup yet) I would start by turning down the dampers extension to 40 front and back. Having this too strong can add more body roll and weight transfer that could amplify any oversteer.

Try 35 front damper compression and 30 rear damper compression. This helps tame oversteery cars the best imo, or atleast a great way to start.

Moving to the drivetrain, in GT games, I find having them all turned down to 5 typically smoothes out the car and can help settle it down, I don't know how else to explain it. While doing that will give you less acceleration, you can circle back to this after the rest of the tune is done and increase the Accel. Sens. up 5 notches at a time or so until the car seems to drive unstable again.

For me, one of the biggest causes of oversteer is front toe, while it can help the car turn in better, it can also introduce oversteer at the beginning of the turn, so try it as 0.0 up to 0.5 (I'd suggest 0.0).

The spring rate is a little offset, with the rear being stronger that will induce oversteer, so try kicking that down to 2.8 or so and leave the front where it is. I dont know where on theslider these numbers are, but for oversteery cars, softer-to-medium is typically better.

Next, the sway bars are a bit high, that too will cause the car to react quicker and give more weight transfer, try setting it to 5 on the front and 4 in the back.

Ride height, I'd say for this car try putting front and back right in the middle of the slider, then maybe drop the rear 5 ticks if you want. By giving the car some more height and 'range' it can soften the oversteer tendencies a bit.

The downforce plays a huge role in tuning cars as it can basically override any adjustments you make, or be a one stop shop for fixing oversteery cars. The trade off is top speed and acceleration in a straight line. So for tracks like Fuji, don't be fooled into increasing your cars rear wing and calling it a day, you'll end up losing along that front straight. However, for Suzuka, you could run rear wing for days.

HTH a bit, I'll try and get a tune going for her today/tomorrow.

Jerome
Good stuff. I find myself aligned to your way of thinking on these things compared to other tuners, not that I'm copying though! You definitely are a 'purist' tuner in that you do what's right no matter the current state of PD physics. I have done the min/max thing in RPGs before, so I end up playing the game a bit more.

One thing you mention here is the downforce. If you max the rear downforce and keep front on the low side, the PP drops enough that you can increase HP to overcome the loss of top speed you would normally expect and stay at the same PP level. I'm sure you know these kinds of glitches in the current physics, so I'm just stopping by to pay my respects for tuning the right way and not min/maxing like a lot of us do.

Good stuff. I find myself aligned to your way of thinking on these things compared to other tuners, not that I'm copying though! You definitely are a 'purist' tuner in that you do what's right no matter the current state of PD physics. I have done the min/max thing in RPGs before, so I end up playing the game a bit more.

One thing you mention here is the downforce. If you max the rear downforce and keep front on the low side, the PP drops enough that you can increase HP to overcome the loss of top speed you would normally expect and stay at the same PP level. I'm sure you know these kinds of glitches in the current physics, so I'm just stopping by to pay my respects for tuning the right way and not min/maxing like a lot of us do.
Thx neighbor ;) Yeah, the PP doesn't make sense and is really why I just leave things stock-ish :lol:

Jerome

Chevrolet Corvette C7 '14 - 613.37PP
Ugh, the weather in this game and its so-called ‘dynamism’. 28 laps at Sarthe today, at least 20 of them in a over a bar of water. If variety is the spice of life, then consider me pickled right now. I will definitely revisit this tune. There is nothing worse than posting an opening lap like mine only to get rained out the rest of the race.

249C81ED-6F97-44E7-B9A7-BD4BF09DC1D2.jpeg

Ugh, the weather in this game and its so-called ‘dynamism’. 28 laps at Sarthe today, at least 20 of them in a over a bar of water. If variety is the spice of life, then consider me pickled right now. I will definitely revisit this tune. There is nothing worse than posting an opening lap like mine only to get rained out the rest of the race.

Okkkkkk, that’s more like it, new PR edging out my beloved ‘84 GTO!

98A9823F-78D5-4559-9C90-5423F599807E.jpeg

Okkkkkk, that’s more like it, new PR edging out my beloved ‘84 GTO!

Glad it worked out for you better this time around. I can try making some tunes for the ones in your sig line if you want(?) Just lemme know buddy.

Jerome

Glad it worked out for you better this time around. I can try making some tunes for the ones in your sig line if you want(?) Just lemme know buddy.

Jerome
That is a generous offer, thank you sir. I do need to edit that as Jeje put together a RCZ that I need to get out and test. If I could ask for 1 of the 3 remaining, it would be the Jaguar. Its a fantastic car, I just always wonder how much better she could be with a proper tune.

That is a generous offer, thank you sir. I do need to edit that as Jeje put together a RCZ that I need to get out and test. If I could ask for 1 of the 3 remaining, it would be the Jaguar. Its a fantastic car, I just always wonder how much better she could be with a proper tune.
Sure, any track in mind?

Jerome

WTC700 @ Sarthe of course, lol!
Expect a team from next year's le mans 24 hour race will be pm'ing you soon. You've spent more time on that track and know every nook and cranny better than the pro's:D.

Fair play mate 👍

Last edited:
Audi Sport Quattro S1 Pikes Peak '87 - 720.25PP

Trial Mountain Circuit - 1:53.485

Performance Upgrades:

• Racing Hard Tires

Assist Settings:
  • Brake Balance - 0
  • Traction Control - 1

Tuning Notes:
This was a requested tune for the car on pavement. Set the Transmission to 320 and then change just the 5th and 6th gearing to the numbers below. This car performs best if you don't trailbrake, or at least limit trailbraking through high speed turns. She is surprisingly stable into and through the apex, within reason of course.

View attachment 1132342
View attachment 1132336

Jerome
I used your tune today at Trial Mountain. Just like magic. You took a bucking bronco and made it into a kid’s pony ride.

Excellent! Thanks.

B80
Expect a team from next year's le mans 24 hour race will be pm'ing you soon. You've spent more time on that track and know every nook and cranny better than the pro's:D.

Fair play mate 👍
Maybe they’ll fly me to France as an honored guest for the next rendition?

I’ve definitely got my 24 hours in, that’s for sure!

Jump_Ace

Dear Mr. Jump_Ace!
I ask you to help with setting up the suspension and differential of the Porsche RSR gr.3 BoPP.
Planned routes: Barcelona, Spa, Lehman, Nordschleife, and Fuji.
I want the car to be stable and at the same time fast.
I will be immensely grateful.

Jump_Ace

Dear Mr. Jump_Ace!
I ask you to help with setting up the suspension and differential of the Porsche RSR gr.3 BoPP.
Planned routes: Barcelona, Spa, Lehman, Nordschleife, and Fuji.
I want the car to be stable and at the same time fast.
I will be immensely grateful.
I'll see what I can do for ya :)

Jerome

I remember this car from when I was first playing GT7. I tried to setup this car a couple times and each time, my lap times slowed. I can't explain why, but the default setup is very good, I'd just go with that. I tried again tonight and got the same result(s). 🤷‍♂️ I would suggest using the racing transmission to get faster shifts, but lower 6th gear a little to give you more top speed for passing and Sarthe.

Jerome

I remember this car from when I was first playing GT7. I tried to setup this car a couple times and each time, my lap times slowed. I can't explain why, but the default setup is very good, I'd just go with that. I tried again tonight and got the same result(s). 🤷‍♂️ I would suggest using the racing transmission to get faster shifts, but lower 6th gear a little to give you more top speed for passing and Sarthe.

Jerome
I will definitely try. But it seems to me that on standard settings the car behaves slightly unpredictably in turns. Thank you for answering, Jerome!)

I will definitely try. But it seems to me that on standard settings the car behaves slightly unpredictably in turns. Thank you for answering, Jerome!)
If thats the case, try increasing the rear downforce, that should stabilize her more. Maybe try something like 600 or 625. You can also try lowering the rear ride height 3-5 notches or lower the rear anti-roll bar one notch.

Jerome

Back