Just a little a thing

• Thread starter dethringr
  • 19 comments
Any chance of PD getting rid of the front license plate? It just ruin the look of certain cars. And while im on the topic of license plate, how about being able to customize our license plate.

To be honest, I don't think they will implement your idea at all. I mean why waste time on that when there's so much other stuff they could improve? For example, like possibly adding racing brakes, regular brakes, stuff like that?

^ Well they actually had licence plate editor listed on that famous TGS slide from 2006.
Nf5mX.jpg

deep_sky
^ Well they actually had licence plate editor listed on that famous TGS slide from 2006.

Wow, then possibly. But I don't think they will. Just my opinion. Hey, but you never know. 👍

This doesn't deserve its own thread btw, but anyway...

@deepsky
They had a number plate editor listed, which is what's in the game now in the form of being able to choose your own number that's on the side of certain cars. There were never any plans for editing actual license plates it seems.

This doesn't deserve its own thread btw, but anyway...

@deepsky
They had a number plate editor listed, which is what's in the game now in the form of being able to choose your own number that's on the side of certain cars. There were never any plans for editing actual license plates it seems.

Yeah, people here seem to get license plates mixed up with racing number plates.

I find it highly incredulous that the racing number we have in GT5 (for all 17 cars) is what was proposed on that slide. A "number plate editor" seems pretty clear to me.

I find it highly incredulous that the racing number we have in GT5 (for all 17 cars) is what was proposed on that slide. A "number plate editor" seems pretty clear to me.

Indeed, especially considering "number plate" is very common outside of the US and Canada's "license plate".

Though, c'mon, it's not 17 cars... you can change numbers on about 30-some-odd cars now! :lol:

@deepsky

I'm not so sure. I always thought that those racing numbers on the sides are stickers, and not "plates". To me It seems more likely that they actually were talking about license plates.

I'm siding with Wardez and Slip, the number plate editor referring to the RM's, TC's and Stealth cars.

i just started playing with Photomode for the first time this weekend, and assuming there will be a photomode, i'd just like my cars to look clean without the front license plate. its not a huge thing, but its just aesthetics.

I'd love the option for a personalized license plate, it would be a nice finishing touch and whilst in Photo-Mode I always hate seeing a license plate with the brand/model name featured, like it's a car show model, which often makes me take pictures trying to avoid that plate which limits the possibilities when trying to make a realistic picture.

If there was to be a Number Plate editor, I don't think the game would have its 3/E rating, possibly due to some naughty things people could put on it. :D

If I could remove the FD Spirit-R's front license plate and smooth the space like what some do in reality with their Series 8 bumpers...

Rear bumpers sometimes look empty without a license plate though.

It would be nice if the cars have some generic license number instead of it's name on it. The license plate should also look like the ones from the cars' respective countries too.

Back