Just a little rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
12470604.jpg

Little known fact

6550958585_2dc63b6abd_b.jpg

This conversation is going nowhere

@ OP, you want grip when you drift ? I think its easier to loose grip to drift, Comford hard tires are the best tires for GT5 to drift with. In real it should be medium or soft. But this is a game => CH best. For more grip you lower your car or/and add downforce. I recommend to keep it between 5 and 10.

Here is your answer, these are facts, if you want to keep ''sliding'' your way then do that, but don't say that what you know is the best, you ask why we use it and you know now it.( <= point)

Seems contradictory. We prefer comfort softs or mediums dependent on the power to maintain a level of grip that allows us to gain speed. I'll be working on a project in 2012 that will get input from professionals reinforcing this point. Either way, I respect your choice to use CH, but I still do not even begin to comprehend why. Oh well, great mysteries of life I guess.

lets be serious here...just create your own room or chose rooms that allow all tires(or comfort soft)...simple

/end thread cool guy

That's not entirely the point. We can find rooms that don't limit tires, however, I've yet to see a series on here where the restriction is lifted. I can understand why people would be scared to call it out and say "oh, well CS is faster than CH", but I would simply respond with "you have that choice too." Anyway, to prevent a further post of this, I might create my own series or whatever.

Hold on... who complains about CH is because want more speed or cant keep the car in the corner without kiss the wall?

Also i dont understand why people put CM and CS closer since CM is much closer to CH than CS.

Y'all need to calm down. If you don't like people that restrict tires to CH, then make your own room and don't ever join other people.
I use CH because it is easier to initiate a Power-over. If you like CS, so be it.
Stop having these childish arguments over memes and tires. Its a game to most and a simulator to some. Just have fun. And if people who use CH is restricting that fun, then don't play online games.

We had a professional drifter amongst us a while back and he tested the tyres against real life. His real life slick tyres felt like CM's the most.

Y'all need to calm down. If you don't like people that restrict tires to CH, then make your own room and don't ever join other people.
I use CH because it is easier to initiate a Power-over. If you like CS, so be it.
Stop having these childish arguments over memes and tires. Its a game to most and a simulator to some. Just have fun. And if people who use CH is restricting that fun, then don't play online games.

True... build your friend list based on the overall tyre choice.
All my friendlist is used to drift on CH.

I am going to make a room right now and test out all of the tires in the this "argument". The only tires that I ever use is CH, so if they don't slide how I like, they're going to get dropped.

We had a professional drifter amongst us a while back and he tested the tyres against real life. His real life slick tyres felt like CM's the most.

Everything I've been on depends mostly on the power output. I will be honest and say I've slid on some tires that felt more similarly to CH, however the car was 180hp and using used tires, so take it for what you will. Other cars I've been in and driven feel more similar to CM and CS for the most part so there is some consistency.

Seems contradictory. We prefer comfort softs or mediums dependent on the power to maintain a level of grip that allows us to gain speed. I'll be working on a project in 2012 that will get input from professionals reinforcing this point. Either way, I respect your choice to use CH, but I still do not even begin to comprehend why. Oh well, great mysteries of life I guess.

That's not entirely the point. We can find rooms that don't limit tires, however, I've yet to see a series on here where the restriction is lifted. I can understand why people would be scared to call it out and say "oh, well CS is faster than CH", but I would simply respond with "you have that choice too." Anyway, to prevent a further post of this, I might create my own series or whatever.

Haha, for a different amount of power you need different tunes. You can slide in a low HP Mazda RX7 and be followed by a overpowered Corvette ZR1 and still get a close tandem in the game all time. If you use more grippy tires for faster cars, that means you destroy the pace of a tandem and destroy the game because you go way faster. Everyone uses the same tire for this reason : tandem . If you restrict all comfords, the one who use the meds or softs are always faster. It's not just about the tire, you need to tune cars good to get the grip you want. That what happens in all race/drift events. All same tire type but different tunes.

But if you drift alone, and join online lobby to be first and win 5 000 credits from a replay you destroy with your different tires , then thats your choice.

Sport tires are no drift tires - evidence is @ GT Season drift events.

CS is to cheat when you put that on the rear and hard tires on the front. Look at the top 100 and their tire choice. They put insane camber and the softs on the rear to keep the car away from spinning but this makes no sence. Comford softs are tires your mom and dad got on their mazda, volkswagen or renault , not really drift tires. Thats why it is the tire which is always on every low hp and affordable car in GT5.

Haha, for a different amount of power you need different tunes. You can slide in a low HP Mazda RX7 and be followed by a overpowered Corvette ZR1 and still get a close tandem in the game all time.(1) If you use more grippy tires for faster cars, that means you destroy the pace of a tandem and destroy the game because you go way faster. Everyone uses the same tire for this reason : tandem. If you restrict all comfords, the one who use the meds or softs are always faster. (2) It's not just about the tire, you need to tune cars good to get the grip you want. That what happens in all race/drift events. All same tire type but different tunes.

(3) But if you drift alone, and join online lobby to be first and win 5 000 credits from a replay you destroy with your different tires , then thats your choice.

(4) Sport tires are no drift tires - evidence is @ GT Season drift events.

(5a) CS is to cheat when you put that on the rear and hard tires on the front. (5b) Look at the top 100 and their tire choice. They put insane camber and the softs on the rear to keep the car away from spinning but this makes no sence. (6) Comford softs are tires your mom and dad got on their mazda, volkswagen or renault , not really drift tires. Thats why it is the tire which is always on every low hp and affordable car in GT5.

1. I'm willing to disagree. Tire selection is a factor for this, but the bigger factor is driver skill. I've managed to stay on the door of someone using CH tires while I was using CS. This is in part due to my skill but more importantly, in my opinion, the consistency of the lead cars line.

2. This is more of a logical statement. Yes, you do need to tune for additional grip that a stock tune will not give you for a certain setup, however, I can tell you that cars in drift events in real life do not use the same tire. They may be similar in compound, but there are additional factors that cannot be accurately represented with broad compound descriptions in this game.

3. Not quite what I do. I prefer tandems and driving for pleasure than being "that guy." I don't like assumptions (why I even highlighted this).

4. A lot of drift tires I've seen used could be classified as "sports" tires and depending on the power, I've drifted on SH easily. I do realize that this is a game and the definition of sport may shift a bit one way or the other. Just a point I thought I should bring up anyway..

5. (a) CS all around is what we do. Grip all around is important in order to maintain grip to both propel the car and to direct the car.
(b) I can't speak for the "top 100" as I don't drift for points unless it's for a seasonal event and even then, it's just to get credits. The shift in camber for the rear is to give more of a contact patch when the car is sliding in a certain direction as camber is not a static tune. I can't think of a better way to describe it at the moment so I apologize if it seems kind of incomplete.

6. If CS tires come stock on those cars, why use a tire that is worse than that? I think this is counter productive and makes even less sense to me than anything else.

Whay I try to say is that Comford Softs are tires for daily use, not to drift with. Thats why it is on a stock car. Its not on a stock FWD or RWD car to drift with right? its to have a certain amount of grip and not to drift with, thats what the point is and thats why those tires are on most real cars as well, you can drift those, but not in a same way as the other tires.

. I'm not replying anymore, I tried to let this thread not go off topic and save it. The question was why we use comford hard, and you know why now. I'm so happe the team threads are placed somewhere else or our threads would get destroyed as well.

Maybe you can follow in your soft tires, but can you lead well when Mr x uses a 400HP japanese car and get angle, smoke and good speed while you only get speed in your 1000 hp bugatti veyron ?

I am challenging you to follow me with your soft tires and then lead with soft tires. I will upload it. PM me for more info and don't 🤬 the thread

Can't believe I waste my time for this. I do it just for GTPlanet as a sign of respect because GTP helped me to get the team I have now.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: ITS NOT WHAT YOU DRIFT, ITS HOW

I fail to see how we're getting off topic. The basis of the topic is tire choice and I have defended mine while questioning yours. I like to think I've done this in a polite manner, but all I've gotten in return is comments that derail the thread. We're having a discussion and you're going on with assumptions again. Would it surprise you that a good portion of my cars for drifting have between 300-500hp? Please, do not treat me like some kid who's sole purpose of this game is to crash people in drift lobbies with Veyrons and X2010/2011s.

As for the challenge, sure why not. Friday or sometime next week might be good, but I will need to follow you several times to see your lines and how they differ from mine or the people I drift with regularly.

I'm sorry, we use 200-600hp, and we drift fine with CS, and you're implying that people who drift only use tires who were designed for drifting, and never use standard run of the mill tires. Pardon my french, but your post is pure ignorance. Infact, tires that are designed for drifting are VERY grippy tires and would be equal to at least sports hard.

Click Team BURST in my signature and see how we drift. Add TSK_079, I'm on tomorrow , GMT+1.
This is what you have wrong. Sports hard is the most favorite tire to race with in GTP. Multiple threads are made , even with polls which show that sport tires give you the grip of a real SPORTS car, thats why GT5 gives a throphy when you do Nurburgring with sports hard in a nissan GT-R , just like the real GT-R Nissan did in the record time it did .
People who reached GT-Academy finals say that their test car ( 370Z with sport hard in GT5 ) also feels like sports hard in real ( they run laps in a stock 370Z to go to finals, in Holland at least ).
Real life drifters like TwinTurboCH also a GT-Acadamy finalist told medium tires are close to real tires in GT5 , just like other drifters from holland told me from a Dutch GTP.

Make your research before saying whats better. I'm not telling you what to do or not. It's your life, but for these reasons people automaticly put you in the class of " that guy " what you mentioned.

Last edited:
I will be busy tomorrow getting Christmas things together, unfortunately. My timezone is GMT-5 for reference in the future as well.

CH or CS, as long as you can drift I don't care what tyres you use

Honestly, all this fuss because people would rather drift on one compound compared to another.

Bloody amusing.

Whats with all the people limiting rooms to CH? You want to have grip while you drift, you know.. to kinda propel your car forward, or to pull backwards entries. I (and most people I drift with) prefer Comfort Soft, because it gives you grip, but not to much, and when ever I make lobbies, I limit it to Sports Soft or less because I think it just makes sense.

I'm just sick and tired of these noobs who think they know everything about drifting when they clearly don't.

HAHAHAHHA :lol: not to say i think you the noob!!! to be ownest:tup:

But your not if you on CH or CS : D :sly:

I'm absolutely positive the discussion about tires is the official dead horse of the Drifting community. This has been covered before, guys, you know this :)

Also, posts that are nothing past a meme-gif or trollface will be treated as useless posts and/or spam. If you have nothing to add... well, you know.

Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back