Just a quick question.

• Thread starter GreazyTee
  • 105 comments
Japan
UK
MCR-Greazy
Just something ive noticed of a long period of time.

Why is it people are so fast to ban fast cars in competitions, but if someone brings an unreasonably slow car it's allowed?

Just doesn't make sense to me. Shouldn't the cars be a level playing field so that its down to actual tandems not "who is going to be able to chase the slow car contest".

Been on GTP fully for a year now, and have seen this occur a lot. I've just been wondering.

I'm not trying to start a riot either.

The chase runs are where you build up your points and try to out-drive the leader, if the leader has a stupidly fast car they just fly off into the distance early/mid/late corner, and making you look terrible.

If you're chasing a slower car, you can aggressively brake/handbrake to slow the car, while having the speed to instantly close on their door if you make a mistake.

The chase runs are where you build up your points and try to out-drive the leader, if the leader has a stupidly fast car they just fly off into the distance early/mid/late corner, and making you look terrible.

If you're chasing a slower car, you can aggressively brake/handbrake to slow the car, while having the speed to instantly close on their door if you make a mistake.

Ok. But in GT5 it doesn't exactly allow you to that realistically all the time. rFactor probably has the upper hand. By the way I'm not talking average slow car, I'm talking really slow unchase-able (made up word.) car.

I know some of the hybrid slammed cars drift extremely slowly and I can understand the issue there, but give me an example of the cars you are describing.

I know some of the hybrid slammed cars drift extremely slowly and I can understand the issue there, but give me an example of the cars you are describing.

I'm not talking slammed cars. I can't give you an example because you can make any car stupid slow Tbh.

My issue is, they allow the super slow cars and when they pretty much force you to stall or straighten, we get the blame. Stupid IMO

I'm not talking slammed cars. I can't give you an example because you can make any car stupid slow Tbh.

My issue is, they allow the super slow cars and when they pretty much force you to stall or straighten, we get the blame. Stupid IMO

Don't like my slow Miata huh? :dopey:

Exactly!

That's all that needs to be done. You should have the advantage if you have a faster car right?

I've just never encounter or seen a car slow enough competitors couldn't tandem with.

Exactly!

That's all that needs to be done. You should have the advantage if you have a faster car right?

I've just never encounter or seen a car slow enough competitors couldn't tandem with.

Maybe you ain't around the same people as I am. But I've seen it and experienced it.

People will chose a high speed track. Ban fast cars. Most people is in a average car, nice and even. Then you get a couple abnormally slow.

Don't not tell me its easy to chase in this scenario. I'll just prove you wrong. And yes this happens too frequently.

And judges don't judge on speed so the faster car DOES NOT, have advantage.

I kind of see your point there. There is always this one guy that uses a ridiculously slow car against reasonably decent cars.

This is probably not a subject I should jump in as I do not do competitions, but I'll give my opinion. Banning list of cars has always made me chuckle. If a person has drifted a certain car for so long they should know how to slow it down for proper tandems.

I've been in Japan servers where I have seen non modded S15 tandem with a ZR1 with no issues.

It's down to drivers really. I think when a person in a competition tries to go as slow as possible with stupid angle just trying to make the follow car stall or hit them is a sign of weakness.

But I also look at when the lead driver just tries to out pace the follow driver or leave them at the line just as weak.

I personally would like to see generous courtesy rolls, decent angle mixed with speed, and damn good tandems. Instead of lets make the other driver mess up. It will not happen due to greed though.

This is probably not a subject I should jump in as I do not do competitions, but I'll give my opinion. Banning list of cars has always made me chuckle. If a person has drifted a certain car for so long they should know how to slow it down for proper tandems.

I've been in Japan servers where I have seen non modded S15 tandem with a ZR1 with no issues.

It's down to drivers really. I think when a person in a competition tries to go as slow as possible with stupid angle just trying to make the follow car stall or hit them is a sign of weakness.

But I also look at when the lead driver just tries to out pace the follow driver or leave them at the line just as weak.

I personally would like to see generous courtesy rolls, decent angle mixed with speed, and damn good tandems. Instead of lets make the other driver mess up. It will not happen due to greed though.

This is unfortunately 100% true. Happens way to often.

Maybe you ain't around the same people as I am. But I've seen it and experienced it.

People will chose a high speed track. Ban fast cars. Most people is in a average car, nice and even. Then you get a couple abnormally slow.

Don't not tell me its easy to chase in this scenario. I'll just prove you wrong. And yes this happens too frequently.

And judges don't judge on speed so the faster car DOES NOT, have advantage.

Or maybe the cars you run are far to fast? ;)

Actually TJ, a lot of judges do judge on speed as a priority, I've seen it loads in the past, which is mostly the reason for people using "fast" cars.

What stupidly slow cars are you talking about? Classic cars with ~250hp?

I've never had a problem with a car being too slow to the point that it's impossible to follow, you just have to run a wider line with more angle and work your brakes sometimes.

I think if I had a choice, I would chase a slow car, because it's still possible to get a good run, it's just more of a challenge. Following a car that is much faster on the other hand, you literally have no chance, it's guaranteed to leave you behind.

We all know you love your fast cars though from past experience, Chris has a point! :lol:

P.S - I see your point though, if you're gonna ban fast cars, you should probably also rule out anything under a certain PP.

Or maybe the cars you run are far to fast? ;)

Are you being for real?

Actually TJ, a lot of judges do judge on speed as a priority, I've seen it loads in the past, which is mostly the reason for people using "fast" cars.

What stupidly slow cars are you talking about? Classic cars with ~250hp?

I've never had a problem with a car being too slow to the point that it's impossible to follow, you just have to run a wider line with more angle and work your brakes sometimes.

I think if I had a choice, I would chase a slow car, because it's still possible to get a good run, it's just more of a challenge. Following a car that is much faster on the other hand, you literally have no chance, it's guaranteed to leave you behind.

We all know you love your fast cars though from past experience, Chris has a point! :lol:

P.S - I see your point though, if you're gonna ban fast cars, you should probably also rule out anything under a certain PP.

Wait, this isn't about me. I never said low Hp cars, they are surprisingly good. As I said everyone has matched and equal cars. And no, none of the big competitions judge on speed, silly IMO but the truth.

PP doesn't exactly mean that much In drifting if I'm honest.

It's way easier chasing a faster car than a snail. Proved my point briefly with Nar not to long ago, plus it makes better tandems too. Rather than someone trying to win by being super slow. Thing is a lot of people know what they are doing, and clearly intended to win by stalling people and us fair people get the grunt of it.

I'm not really in fast cars since I've got back on my wheel...

@OP.

Great point Greazy. You aren't the only one who has noticed that either.

I have been saying for a long time that restrictions are kind of bull. One major problem (as you and me have seen before first hand) is that most people do not know how to judge.

Most people who just competitions only judge on line, angle, speed and proximity. Just judging that on a small bases isn't judging correctly.

Most judges will not factor in everything that comes with each of that criteria, and judge in the most half 🤬 way they can based on what that criteria is.

If more people (I mean both judges and drivers) would look at line/angle/speed/proximity in a nit picky kind of way there wouldn't be a problem.

In a tandem you want to keep it close, as a leader in a tandem you shouldn't just outrun a person because you can, that isn't the point of a tandem. Neither should you try to make your opponent spin/hit you because you can run so much angle.

It works both ways, a lot of people forget what a tandem really is. I am amazed to see how many people outside of competitions will run more angle/slow down to keep the tandem close with a person that is slower, or run less angle/run faster to keep the tandem close.

Then as soon as a competition comes around they forget all of this. A competition shouldn't be any different than just drifting together around a track, except there is a winner at the end. This is the stuff I tell you all the time Greazy.

In my opinion, a real drifter is not any different with their style inside and outside competitions. If you are different, then you are not a real drifter, and don't know the meaning of drifting. Sorry, it's the truth though.

Not trying to flame, all comps after the mods should be limited for below 300hp and / or below 400PP.

This is irrelevant. Read the op and answer my question.

@OP.

Great point Greazy. You aren't the only one who has noticed that either.

I have been saying for a long time that restrictions are kind of bull. One major problem (as you and me have seen before first hand) is that most people do not know how to judge.

Most people who just competitions only judge on line, angle, speed and proximity. Just judging that on a small bases isn't judging correctly.

Most judges will not factor in everything that comes with each of that criteria, and judge in the most half 🤬 way they can based on what that criteria is.

If more people (I mean both judges and drivers) would look at line/angle/speed/proximity in a nit picky kind of way there wouldn't be a problem.

In a tandem you want to keep it close, as a leader in a tandem you shouldn't just outrun a person because you can, that isn't the point of a tandem. Neither should you try to make your opponent spin/hit you because you can run so much angle.

It works both ways, a lot of people forget what a tandem really is. I am amazed to see how many people outside of competitions will run more angle/slow down to keep the tandem close with a person that is slower, or run less angle/run faster to keep the tandem close.

Then as soon as a competition comes around they forget all of this. A competition shouldn't be any different than just drifting together around a track, except there is a winner at the end. This is the stuff I tell you all the time Greazy.

In my opinion, a real drifter is not any different with their style inside and outside competitions. If you are different, then you are not a real drifter, and don't know the meaning of drifting. Sorry, it's the truth though.

I get what you mean Zach I don't even want to get started on Judging, I get so frustrated with it I want to be a judge and see fairness.

Some people don't even known what the hell they are talking about! They watch FD or D1 then act like they know how to judge. And then when you ask them a question they can't justify it... That's when I lost faith in competitions nowadays.

Anyways back onto my question. As you said, I strongly believe there should be a minimum PP and max PP. bhp limit is silly, I know a v8 that at 500bhp it has more torque than a fully built Supra in Gt5.

As I said again, nobody looks at whether the leader is chuckling on there runs. It's always the chasers fault!

This is irrelevant. Read the op and answer my question.

I get what you mean Zach I don't even want to get started on Judging, I get so frustrated with it I want to be a judge and see fairness.

Some people don't even known what the hell they are talking about! They watch FD or D1 then act like they know how to judge. And then when you ask them a question they can't justify it... That's when I lost faith in competitions nowadays.

Anyways back onto my question. As you said, I strongly believe there should be a minimum PP and max PP. bhp limit is silly, I know a v8 that at 500bhp it has more torque than a fully built Supra in Gt5.

As I said again, nobody looks at whether the leader is chuckling on there runs. It's always the chasers fault!

i know what you are talking about. and i have brought it up 👍

Maybe we should hold a comp in say 350Zs or S14s or Z32s lol none hacked. Maybe just allow lock to be added. You can't get a more fair comp than that. It will be alot more fun than seeing a z32 vs a viper lol. I think it would make for a real good close comp with alot of amazing runs.

Maybe we should hold a comp in say 350Zs or S14s or Z32s lol none hacked. Maybe just allow lock to be added. You can't get a more fair comp than that. It will be alot more fun than seeing a z32 vs a viper lol. I think it would make for a real good close comp with alot of amazing runs.

Good Idea. But the thing is, we should have to do one make comps to make It fair. Seriously! They just need to fix up tbh!

Good Idea. But the thing is, we should have to do one make comps to make It fair. Seriously! They just need to fix up tbh!

A one-make comp with rules on what chassis you can/can't use and also torque level limits maybe!

Back