Just a quick question.

• Thread starter GreazyTee
  • 105 comments
Every part of my post was for lols. I love the lack of sense of humour on this forum.. It's truly awesome!

Greazy, nothing was personal. Don't lose sleep!

But a lot of people have tried to reply in a respective manner and you just dismiss it leaving you in an endless loop. If you ask a question, be open to the answers.

I was going to 'destroy your everything' as I was told to do to your reply for the lols but I cbf. Read back through and try to accept some advice you're being given.

Also, I haven't properly read 1 reply to my comment as I cbf with terrible 'OMG OUT OF LINE'. I had for lolling and taking the... What's the word? ;)

Every one that replied to me deserves a... 'Y SO SEERIUS?'

Every part of my post was for lols. I love the lack of sense of humour on this forum.. It's truly awesome!

Greazy, nothing was personal. Don't lose sleep!

But a lot of people have tried to reply in a respective manner and you just dismiss it leaving you in an endless loop. If you ask a question, be open to the answers.

I was going to 'destroy your everything' as I was told to do to your reply for the lols but I cbf. Read back through and try to accept some advice you're being given.

Also, I haven't properly read 1 reply to my comment as I cbf with terrible 'OMG OUT OF LINE'. I had for lolling and taking the... What's the word? ;)

Every one that replied to me deserves a... 'Y SO SEERIUS?'

Dont worry we all facepalm'd at your post.

Good :) That's what I wanted from it...

I don't even...

You insult people on this thread and then decide to just go off laughing about it? I don't understand Scottish people... at all. The only thing I found funny about your post was the level of stupidity in it; I do not see how that post could have been written as a joke. In my opinion, you're just trying to laugh it off, because you know it was wrong. But hey, each to their own, right?

I don't even...

You insult people on this thread and then decide to just go off laughing about it? I don't understand Scottish people... at all. The only thing I found funny about your post was the level of stupidity in it; I do not see how that post could have been written as a joke. In my opinion, you're just trying to laugh it off, because you know it was wrong. But hey, each to their own, right?

You don't know me and I don't expect you to know what amuses me.

I don't need to laugh my stupidity off. If I was being serious about it I would stick to my guns and say I'm right.

As for Scottish people, that's being a little racist is not? :/ Where's the need?

You don't know me and I don't expect you to know what amuses me.

I don't need to laugh my stupidity off. If I was being serious about it I would stick to my guns and say I'm right.

As for Scottish people, that's being a little racist is not? :/ Where's the need?

That last part is where I changed my mind about your post. Like you said, I don't know you, but you don't know me either. If you knew me, you'd realise that I despise racism, what I said was meant as more of a joke/gentle poke than a racist attack.

So, you're right, I don't know you, I just find it hard that you could have attacked someone who is supposedly your friend and then claimed it was a joke. Now that I know this is your humour style, though, I won't comment on it in the future.

As a future warning though, I would advise you to be a little more careful with what you say; both Greazy and I thought you were being serious. Anyway, let's just end this conversation now, I am so bored of it. I agree with Greazy's post to close this thread.

As a person who has specifically chosen "abnormally slow" cars as my specialty, I can understand your pain. However, I experience it from the opposite end of the spectrum. I much prefer the slow, smooth drift to the faster, more frantic drift, often to my detriment...

I find that as I slowly make my way around the track, carefully planning each transfer, waiting until the last possible moment to change directions, smoothing my lines as much as I can, others are not content with 'waiting' for me to make my move. I've heard from a friend of mine who prefers fast cars that my slow style is unnerving to him, and often throws off his style completely. He describes me as "going for more angle at random moments". The problem from my point of view is that I do not see it the way he does, because our styles are different.

However, I am not here to lament my lack of speed because it is a conscious choice. Indeed I have practiced quite a bit with my fast friend, and he has learned my way of drift from the view point of someone following. Now, when we drift together he can always keep my pace, and at the first sign of an opening he can take advantage of my style to overtake (if that is allowed). If overtaking is not allowed, he is able to match my movements almost move for move, with some differences of course.

My slow style is not perfect at all, and I still have MUCH to learn. However, as someone who drifts slowly by choice, I must point out that is is equally frustrating for me to find someone who can drift at MY pace. You and I are not so different then, because we both seek an equal partner to drift with. It is merely our method of drift that differs. I would very much like to drift with you, even though our two styles are different (regardless of your style). I may only have 1.5 years of GT5 drift experience, but I hope that we can respect and understand each other.

I completely understand you, and you said some great things there!! Can't fault you at all!

But in the context of competitions it should be divided surely? Like how you said you are trying to find someone who can drift at your pace!

I completely understand you, and you said some great things there!! Can't fault you at all!

But in the context of competitions it should be divided surely? Like how you said you are trying to find someone who can drift at your pace!

What your suggesting is something similar to having multiple Tier's in a comp?

As a person who has specifically chosen "abnormally slow" cars as my specialty, I can understand your pain. However, I experience it from the opposite end of the spectrum. I much prefer the slow, smooth drift to the faster, more frantic drift, often to my detriment...

I find that as I slowly make my way around the track, carefully planning each transfer, waiting until the last possible moment to change directions, smoothing my lines as much as I can, others are not content with 'waiting' for me to make my move. I've heard from a friend of mine who prefers fast cars that my slow style is unnerving to him, and often throws off his style completely. He describes me as "going for more angle at random moments". The problem from my point of view is that I do not see it the way he does, because our styles are different.

However, I am not here to lament my lack of speed because it is a conscious choice. Indeed I have practiced quite a bit with my fast friend, and he has learned my way of drift from the view point of someone following. Now, when we drift together he can always keep my pace, and at the first sign of an opening he can take advantage of my style to overtake (if that is allowed). If overtaking is not allowed, he is able to match my movements almost move for move, with some differences of course.

My slow style is not perfect at all, and I still have MUCH to learn. However, as someone who drifts slowly by choice, I must point out that is is equally frustrating for me to find someone who can drift at MY pace. You and I are not so different then, because we both seek an equal partner to drift with. It is merely our method of drift that differs. I would very much like to drift with you, even though our two styles are different (regardless of your style). I may only have 1.5 years of GT5 drift experience, but I hope that we can respect and understand each other.

Perfectly said.

I have a very similar style of drifting to you; I prefer smoothness, angle and pin-point precision to sheer speed. This is not the kind of slow that we are talking about, though. We are talking about drifters who go so slow that it is impossible to drift with them. You are not one of these people, since your friend can chase you.

I really appreciate your outlook, though; I like the fact that you are mentioning that everyone has different drifting styles, that is so true. Great choice of words!

Cheers, Nilo.

Even after all of our practice together, my friend still experiences the same troubles that were expressed in the OP. I can most definitely force the issue of slowness upon anyone behind me, and occasionally I do so without thinking. This causes him to either lose his drift entirely, or spin while attempting to correct. He has gotten good enough not to hit me, but I can still end his drifts fairly easily just by forcing the pace even slower.

I do not wish to cause him trouble intentionally, but our styles differ greatly which partly explains our difficulty. Initially, I was impossible to drift with at all. He had to overcome his previous training, so that he could add the ability to drift with me. He forced himself to learn to drift with me, which adds greatly to his level of skill. In my drifting experience, there have been only two people who have ever held a tandem with me; My friend Seahawk88, and a person whom I've only met twice called Theonlytantalus.

I know that drifting is a widely variable sport with many different types, styles, rule sets, and philosophies. There may never be a person who can master every type or style. However, I know that if we practice with one another and learn new skills from each other, we can definitely have competitions that include all walks of drifting life.

The question is, who is willing to learn. Up until this point, I have sworn off all forms of speed drift to focus upon the basics of drifting, smoothness, and performing drifts in low HP cars that most would not even consider as worthy drift cars. To date, my favorite car is the '73 Skyline 2000GT and I can drift any track with it. I cannot, however, speed drift with it.

But I am willing to learn. I believe I have enough grasp of the basics of drift that I can learn new forms of drift beyond slow, smooth drifting. I would be delighted to learn a new form of drift, because not only will I be able to encounter new people with different ideas and styles, but I will be increasing my own skill level. They will also increase their skill levels, because I will bring MY styles and ideas to them.

I'm sorry about the wall of text here, but I really am excited for a new realm of drift for myself, and maybe even a few others! As I've said before, I am most definitely still learning even now, but today I look forward to new horizons.

Last edited:
Basically nobody is gonna ban the slow cars out of respect.

Respect for/of what?

The japanese were simply driving what they had at their disposal. Had drifting started in the U.S, do you think pros and amateurs would be driving 86s and s-chassis'? Exactly, they would drive stangs (s-chassis of the U.S.), camaros, and other cheap rwd cars of 'murica.

What's difference between a room full of vettes, m3s, xyz, and one full of "holygrail" ae, s1x?

Respect for/of what?
This
These old JDM cars are the cars that were out there doing the first drifts and made drifting popular, which eventually got shaped into the sport it is today.

Serum- "The japanese were simply driving what they had at their disposal."

Yeah, I already said that.

JustDrift893- Back in the days when drifting originated in Japan and the kids would take to the Touge all they had was what is now considered to be "Slow" cars such as a Hachi Roku,

It can be re-worded
"The cars at their disposal" "were out there doing the first drifts and made drifting popular, which eventually got shaped into the sport it is today. "

Put the two tegether... Its still the same meaning.

I also said
"Thats why some of these cars would be considered "Classic" or "Legendary" among drifters. Thats the same reason why they have become favorites within the drift community.

People are not gonna ban the cars that made drifting popular as these are the cars most often associated with drifting that we have come to know and love. They are respected just as any other car would be for its history.

Your making me repeat myself and explain more and its coming to a circle.

Serum- "Had drifting started in the U.S,"
But it didnt. So it doesnt matter.

The question was why people dont ban the slow cars... Not "do you think pros and amateurs would be driving 86s and s-chassis'? or "What's difference between a room full of vettes, m3s, xyz, and one full of "holygrail" ae, s1x?"

Thats why I gave Greazy what I thought was a good reply.

Last edited:
If drifting, or rather an cultural attitude that was capable of spawning drifting had originated in the US, then I strongly suspect the only pony car that would've existed would have been the Fox body mustang. Any other american sports car would've been designed to be smaller or more agile as opposed to the base emphasis on straight line performance that exists currently. Nissan, Toyota, and Mazda may have stumbled onto the popularity of drifting, but make no mistake they were basically making drift cars from the factory from the late 80's to 2000 or so. The AE86, S-chassis, and RX-7s are not just the OG's they are the innovators...in weak hands, yes they are but fanboy fodder, but a skilled driver in any of these chassis is more than a match for the basically race prepped, tubbed, and custom suspension geometry bearing mustang, camaros, corvettes, vipers us Americans hold so dear.

Back