Just bought an XBox 360 and Forza 3

• Thread starter Katner
  • 64 comments
This morning I woke up and had a beautiful thought... and it was not "I need to buy something for my wife for Valentines day."

But rather it was "Hey, we're getting close to March here which means I should look and see if it's the right time to pre-order Gran Turismo 5."

I then went to two websites: GTPlanet.net and craigslist.com. The former to find out that Gran Turismo 5 still only exists in a dream world, and the latter to buy an XBox360.

Yes. I've done it.

Here's the thing. A couple nights ago I went to my buddy's place and he was driving an RS4 around the Nurburgring on Forza 3. I came home that night with the racing bug and took an Evo X around Eiger Nordwand (my favorite track) for the billionth time and felt Forza envy for the first time EVER.

My plan? Enjoy Forza 3 for a while. Then, when Forza 4 inevitably comes out before GT5, I'll buy it too. If Forza 4 provides me the satisfaction I was hoping for from GT5 I'll consciously omit purchase of GT5 regardless of when it's released.

Who knows maybe this will make a convert out of me. Then a few years from now I can post my Forza 7 videos on YouTube and all you guys can comment and say "GT5 is going to be sooo much better than this crap when it comes out."

Hmmm. This got moved to the Forza section so the context of the post may seem a little strange. My audience was GT5 scene but I'm glad to share and join the Forza group.

Hmmm. This got moved to the Forza section so the context of the post may seem a little strange. My audience was GT5 scene but I'm glad to share and join the Forza group.

You think trolling is fun?

This is where it belongs, it's about you buying a Xbox360 and Forza 3 just as the title says.

GT5 comes out? LOL yeah fortunately it should hold some interest until GT5 comes out.....

You should have just bought NFS Shift and driven around the Ring. Both are poor substitutes but at least NFS would have saved you a few quid and you could still use your G25/existing wheel.

No **** it was aimed at the GT5 scene, because why would you go trolling to 360 owners that you have bought an Xbox 360 just to play Forza 3, and proceed to talk trash about Forza 4 launching before GT5 etc.?

Let's say you did go and buy an Xbox 360 just to play Forza 3. Good for you - I almost did the same until I realised that there were no other exclusives on Xbox 360 that I want. On the other hand, PS3 has plenty of other racing games and exclusives that I have yet to experience.

I too went out and purchased a 360 just to play FM3. I was very disappointed, probably because i made a big mistake, i went into Forza expecting GT. You know, great graphics, no inconsistencies, attention to detail, that kind of thing. I was bitterly disappointed, i mean £200 down the drain as far as i was concerned.

Then i took apart my xbox and did something to my 360 that cannot be discussed here. Now I'm happy with my massive collection of games. 👍

Same here, I just get fed up with waiting for GT5. I bought a few weeks ago an Xbox360 and Forza3, why didn't I get on this train before. Propably because I was too much of a GT-fan unfortunately.
In the beginning I thought I'll race on Forza3 until GT5 comes out and go over to GT5 again but now I'm just hooked up with Forza3 that I don't even care the delays of GT5 :D

If/When GT5 comes out, I'll get one eventually and play it, nothing more to it ;)

Tips: If you are a hardcore racer, you should absolutelt give RacePro a chance. The physics are so much better then GT5 and Forza3 together :)

I too went out and purchased a 360 just to play FM3. I was very disappointed, probably because i made a big mistake, i went into Forza expecting GT. You know, great graphics, no inconsistencies, attention to detail, that kind of thing. I was bitterly disappointed, i mean £200 down the drain as far as i was concerned.

Then i took apart my xbox and did something to my 360 that cannot be discussed here. Now I'm happy with my massive collection of games. 👍

I'm sorry, and I may very well sound like the "douche of the week" but that's just stupid. That's no one's fault but your own, had you have done a little bit of research you could have saved yourself (what seems like) the heartbreak.

I'm sorry, and I may very well sound like the "douche of the week" but that's just stupid. That's no one's fault but your own, had you have done a little bit of research you could have saved yourself (what seems like) the heartbreak.

Yeah, can't argue with you there, i watched a few reviews online but not much checking around really. I did think the online (something talked up by the Forza fancrowd) would have been alot better than it is too, its awful tbh.

Tips: If you are a hardcore racer, you should absolutelt give RacePro a chance. The physics are so much better then GT5 and Forza3 together :)

I play RaceOn on PC, amongst many others.....

So you bought your wife a 360 and F3 for Valentines Day?

Good luck with that.

No, i got her a new gym membership. Nothing says "i love you but not that post-baby fat" like it.

Have bought Forza-bundle too, can't wait GT5 no more. Really nice racing, by the way. Physics is much more realistic then that in GT5P

I'll look into it 👍 What's the online like? plenty of players active? I'll check their site for the rest of the info, im guessing Macau is in right?

Oh yeah, Macau is in 👍
Online is pretty good and there are allways racers.

I apologize for that reply I made earlier, it wasn't necessary whatsoever. 👎

The whole Forza and GT thing is just getting on my nerves.

forget about online unless you get a gold membership, and for one game its beyond not worth it......

I was disappointed by forza3's track list, too few street courses. And the "gloomy" nurb was a poor design choice in my opinion... car list is ok, nothing surprising or shocking, just what you expect. Most of the cars just look pretty bad, by most i mean all of the FM2 cars. Why is the 997 body modeled differently 3 times? the in car view is busted for some cars, some feel like your driving with you chin on the wheel... it feeling like 3-4 more months could have gone into it and its already shown the game was incomplete when it was released(shifting?)

not a bad game and I'm glad I was able to experience it. but why could I not put a hemi in a crossfire :)

forget about online unless you get a gold membership, and for one game its beyond not worth it......

I was disappointed by forza3's track list, too few street courses. And the "gloomy" nurb was a poor design choice in my opinion... car list is ok, nothing surprising or shocking, just what you expect. Most of the cars just look pretty bad, by most i mean all of the FM2 cars. Why is the 997 body modeled differently 3 times? the in car view is busted for some cars, some feel like your driving with you chin on the wheel... it feeling like 3-4 more months could have gone into it and its already shown the game was incomplete when it was released(shifting?)

not a bad game and I'm glad I was able to experience it. but why could I not put a hemi in a crossfire :)

Don't you need gold for any online games? I thought that's the deal...

I was about to say the same about the the track selection in F3, rather disapponting. I love Nürburgring Nordschleife tho, for the first time ever I have a feeling it could be like the real thing, lots of elevation changes, very narrow...

Last edited:
I'll look into it 👍 What's the online like? plenty of players active? I'll check their site for the rest of the info, im guessing Macau is in right?

Be warned, the physics are nothing like any of the Simbin PC counterparts. Shift is a very arcadey title. It's fun, but it couldn't be much farther from realism without being PGR.

I love Nürburgring Nordschleife tho, for the first time ever I have a feeling it could be like the real thing, lots of elevation changes, very narrow...

If you're talking about Forza 3's version of the ring, it's barely changed from Forza 2, and is still hugely inaccurate. It isn't narrow at all. Go play GT4's version (or GTR-Evo) of the ring, and you will see how narrow the Ring should be. Not to mention, the rumble strips have been dumbed down for the average gamer.

;)

I would say the rumble strips are actually too intense, even for the real thing. I know some strips are pretty rough on the real track, but it seems 98% of FM3's Ring strips are just 2-wheel launchers.

I would say the rumble strips are actually too intense, even for the real thing. I know some strips are pretty rough on the real track, but it seems 98% of FM3's Ring strips are just 2-wheel launchers.

Absolutely not. The rumble strips are quite a bit less intense then their real life counterparts, by quite a margin. It's Forza's over-the-top roll dynamics that are giving you problems with said strips. Trust me, the real strips being as big as they are is part of what makes the Ring so challenging and exciting.

;)

I'm just going to disagree with you there, then. I've had my fair share of time on the 'Ring & I never remembered some of the strips being as angled as FM3 makes them appear.

I'm just going to disagree with you there, then. I've had my fair share of time on the 'Ring & I never remembered some of the strips being as angled as FM3 makes them appear.

Hmmm... I have also spent time on The Ring. I couldn't disagree with you more. I can't imagine we were on the same track. Every other enthusiast agrees (including the owner of this site) how inaccurate Forza's version of The Ring is, especially the odd changes to the rumble strips (some are gone, and some are a completely different angle/shape).

You sure you're memory is up to snuff? You're the only person I have ever come across that has tried to say Forza's strips are bigger. They just aren't.

;)

You sure you're memory is up to snuff? You're the only person I have ever come across that has tried to say Forza's strips are bigger. They just aren't.

;)
I really don't appreciate something telling me my memory might be off, as I remember everything quite well. I never said the strips are bigger, I think they are too tall & angled, though in most parts.

As said, we'll just have to disagree on this.

Latest Posts

Back