"Just Cause" for 360, xbox, ps2, PC(First impression post 42)

CAMAROBOY69

Premium
United States
Michigan
CAMAROBOY69
This looks like another free roaming, GTA/Far Cry style game that looks like fun. It is set on a tropical environment so some of the scenery and graphics look beautiful.

Eidos has released some new Xbox 360 screenshots of Just Cause, the upcoming PC/PS2/Xbox/Xbox 360 action game by Avalanche Studios (SE). Just Cause will put players through a total of 21+ story missions, and over 300 side journeys to enjoy. Just Cause is set in a tropical island setting, with the entire game encompassing 250,000 real life acres. If it helps, that is roughly half the size of Jamaica.

http://www.justcausegame.com/
1. Release date 9/19/06
2. Trailer 3
3. Just Cause E3 2k6 Show Floor Gameplay
4. Trailer 4
5. Developer diary#1 (28mb)
6. Demo Gameplay
7. Women of San Esperito
8. High speed action gameplay(28mb)
9. Free falling gameplay(19mb)
10. Weapons upgrade (7mb)

* Freeform game-play - approach missions in any way you like, or break off from the fight and enjoy exploring the islands.

* Over 250K acres of land to explore, the largest environment ever seen in a game!

* Over-the-top Stunts - jump from vehicle-to-vehicle, parasail, skydive and base-jump...

* Massive selection of vehicles - over 100 of the most varied, exciting array of land, sea and air vehicles ever seen in a video game.

* The Avalanche Engine(TM) - procedurally generated landscape delivers a huge, beautiful, detailed world while eliminating loading times.

* Wealth of missions - story missions, side-missions, bonus missions and many more; ensuring plenty of action spread throughout the islands.

* Support team - Sheldon and Kane, two CIA field operatives, will provide you with reconnaissance info, extraction and vehicle drops.

* Fly. The best way to explore San Esperito is by air!
Just Cause offers the freedom to tackle your assignments however the gamer wants: playing the island's factions against one another, inciting a rebellion among the masses and building alliances with rebel forces and drug cartels. Gamers will be able to perform amazing over-the-top stunts; jump from vehicle to vehicle, base jump, skydive, parasail and more. The island can be explored by land, sea and air, as gamers have at their disposal one of the most varied and exciting array of vehicles ever seen in a video game.

More screen shots. http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=21660

Master_Yoda
I'm going to get it for PC :D It will look great on my monitor :D
Thats exactly the same problem I am having when it comes to 360 and PC games. I just dont know which system I want to get the games for. I know my PC can handle just about anything but then I wonder if I should just wait and get it for the 360 instead. I feel more comfortable playing console games. I am still not used to FPS games or car games on the PC yet.

It does look awesome. I'm wondering if I should get it for PS2 or PC. PC would be better, but i'm not sure if mine could handle it.

It looks like a great game, but I'll wait to make a full judgement untill the demo comes out... That is, assuming they put one out!

Either way, I like the idea around the game (baisically Mercenaries turned up to eleven). The fully-rendered island should be fun to play on, and the drop-in parachute stuff should be fun as well. It will be interesting to see what kind of interesting kill sequences can be developed with that, and just how many genres this title can cross.

...But with MGS4 and SC: DA on the horizon, will it live up to the standards?

Nice vid, thanks man 👍

This game looks amazing, I'll be checking it out for sure.

Holy crap! I just watched those two videos and I cant believe how awesome this game looks!! 250,000 acres that you can explore any way you want. Get into any vehicle including monster trucks, jets, boats, cars, helicopters. Basejump, parachute from anywhere any time and do stunts too. No limits you can go anywhere. Really reminds me a lot of Far Cry for the PC yet it will still have cities that you can explore like GTA and Saints row. This game looks better and better every time they release information about it!! Its on my must buy list for sure. I just need to get down and pre-order it some time. 👍

Wow, this game really does look amazing. I'm surprised I haven't come across this game earlier. It certainly has a Far-Cry look to it. I guess I'll have to wait until the demo is finally released...

The demo is out today for this game. Cant wait to play it tonight. :)

Going to leave this on download tonight. I've also got to get the TDU 2nd demo. I missed you by half an hour on live last night camaroboy69.

Going to leave this on download tonight. I've also got to get the TDU 2nd demo. I missed you by half an hour on live last night camaroboy69.
We will have to hook up this weekend. I am always on late friday and saturday night until at least 2:00 AM EST. I will also be DL the 2nd TDU demo. Actually my girlfriend will DL both of these demos while I am at work. THen when I get home I will be playing these tonight. 👍

No news on PC demos yet, I'm downloading the TD:U demo now and I'll be downloading the Just cause demo when I pop out later.

Played the demo a little last night and really enjoyed it. I am definely buying this game for sure. I got to the 3rd boss. I had to blow him up with the helicopter. I kept dying because i couldnt figure out how to turn the helicopter. Graphically this game is stunning and really has a Far Cry feel to it which I love!
The controlls take some getting used to but once you get a grasp on them its a great game. You can also parachute from cars to boats to helicopters and do a ton of other acrobatic moves to advance through the game faster. 👍

i didnt like it, the motion blur when you drive should be taken out and i dont like how the AI has targets on them when you shoot at them. i felt like i was playing a james bond game.

i didnt like it, the motion blur when you drive should be taken out and i dont like how the AI has targets on them when you shoot at them. i felt like i was playing a james bond game.
You take motion blur out in the options menu. The target system is similar to GTA.

I found this game a little odd to be honest. It's more "arcady" action-based rather than being a more GTA-like experience. I'm not sure if I'll properly like it or not...

Other than this, the graphics are brilliant. There's hardly any slow-down which makes a change for this type of game.

Yeah now that I've played it I'm actually pretty disappointed (I'm talking about the PC version btw). It feels quite strange and the gameplay is pretty confusing. Oh, and the graphics aren't exactly great either. There's no anti-aliasing option and whilst the scenery looks very pretty, the character models look shoddy. And then there's the really weird stuff. I shot a guy in the head, twice, and he didn't even flinch. Then, I hijacked a boat and the guy who was driving it somehow flew up in the air and fell through the boat. WTF.

Needless to say I'm quite annoyed. This is the PC version but it feels like a PS2 game. Maybe the 360 version is better?

And then there's the really weird stuff. I shot a guy in the head, twice, and he didn't even flinch. Then, I hijacked a boat and the guy who was driving it somehow flew up in the air and fell through the boat. WTF.
I've noticed a few things like this. The AI in my opinion is pretty bad. They just stand there letting you shoot them. Sometimes they don't flinch at all until they die, when they fly right into the air with blood spurting everywhere. I though GTA was bad (in a fun way), but this was worse!

Maybe the 360 version is better?
Looks like it is graphics-wise. I'd say it's up there with the best on the 360. Other than that, I wouldn't be sure.

That's what annoys me. It should look just as good as the 360 version but it doesn't. The there's the retarded physics, like you said. Every time you kill someone they fly into the air in exactly the same way.

Back