"Just Cause" for 360, xbox, ps2, PC(First impression post 42)

Well I played the demo again and it's not as bad as I first thought. Some of it is pretty fun actually, like the helicopter and freefalling bit. Anyway, here are some screens I took. Whilst the cars and enemies don't look that great in this game, the water, landscape and lighting is breathtaking.

I Downloaded and played the demo last night. Great game! It has a few flaws though. I didn't like the fact that I could stand in the middle of a firefight between 30 people and took minimal damage. Blood was spurting out of me, and i was taking hundreds of bullets but my health bar decreased increadibly slowly.

The stunts are good fun though. I don't see the point of holding on to the back of the helicopter while it's flying, but it looks cool!

Also played the demo last night, I may pick it up. It certainly has good potential, but we need a way to look behind us when in a vehicle. After I took out the target helicopter the Apache was after me too, and I couldn't see where it was to evade it's missiles. Vehicle/skydiving handling is a little off too. Too sensitive, much like the bikes in TDU.

First Impression.
I bought this game last night and played for about 2 hours. So far I really dont know what to think about it. This is definetly the best looking game I have played on the 360 especially in 1080i. Just beautiful and looks a lot like Far Cry but better.
The island is huge!!! 250,000 acres! With that said I spent a lot of time traveling from checkpoint to checkpoint and only ended up getting through a couple missions. I will definetly have to start using a helicopter or jet because getting around in a vehicle takes an eternity. The vehicles really do not handle that good and they look cartoonish compared to the rest of the graphics in the game.
I will keep playing and hopefully it will get better.

Anyone have problems with this game crashing? I have the game and its perfectly fine but my mate cant play his for long it just keeps crashing/freezing.

First Impression.
I bought this game last night and played for about 2 hours. So far I really dont know what to think about it. This is definetly the best looking game I have played on the 360 especially in 1080i. Just beautiful and looks a lot like Far Cry but better.
The island is huge!!! 250,000 acres! With that said I spent a lot of time traveling from checkpoint to checkpoint and only ended up getting through a couple missions. I will definetly have to start using a helicopter or jet because getting around in a vehicle takes an eternity. The vehicles really do not handle that good and they look cartoonish compared to the rest of the graphics in the game.
I will keep playing and hopefully it will get better.

I know you have been playing Test Drive for a while but have you got back into this game at all?

When i play it i like it but when i turn it off - i dont want to put it back in! :indiff:

Anyone have problems with this game crashing? I have the game and its perfectly fine but my mate cant play his for long it just keeps crashing/freezing.

I know you have been playing Test Drive for a while but have you got back into this game at all?

When i play it i like it but when i turn it off - i dont want to put it back in! :indiff:
I wish I was finished with it. I still have a long way to go for the rest of the achievements. :ouch:
I have been renting and playing several different games lately just to take a break from Just Cause. Here is my gamercard so you can see what I have played. If you are signed into xbox.com you can see everything. http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=CAMAROBOY69 or this one http://live.xbox.com/member/CAMAROBOY69
I will add this link in my sig.

What do you think of Just Cause though, is it worth buying? Is it full of bugs or is it something that you can get bored of pretty quickly?

You have done loads more than me!

I only have 95 out of 1000!

@ live4speed

Yes its worth buying, the sheer visuals and playing area is worth it alone!

My biggest problem is that i have too many games im trying to complete at once so because i know this one may take the longest i have left it longer than others!

What do you think of Just Cause though, is it worth buying? Is it full of bugs or is it something that you can get bored of pretty quickly?
It is extremely repetitive. The island looks beautiful but the vehicles drive like and look like crap. If you get stuck walking anywhere you will be frustrated because the island is HUGE! Even driving takes way too long from one point to the next. I say rent it. As soon as I get the achievements I am selling it. Story is very short then all you are doing is liberation after same liberation. Or side mission after side mission. Same exact thing over and over again. I am also concentrating on several different games. I still really need to get back to Dead rising but with Age of Empires 3 expansion coming out next week I dont think finishing Dead rising is going to happen for a while.
I added a link that shows my gamercard.

I was able to play this a few more hours over the weekend. I finally won all the races. The plane one took several tries and I only made it by .12.
I also just got the achievements for completing 20 Side Missions, Liberated 22 Provinces, 10 Side Missions completed, and 15 Takeover missions completed. Still cant beat that military liberation at the bottom of the map. The tanks and rocket launchers just destroy me when I even get near that base. I will ignore it for now and come back later.

Back