Just Ginettas just finishedPS4 

• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 231 comments
Seams I am absolutely incopetetive against Group A guys.
I don't think I'd say that. ☺ It was just the 1 meeting, everything could be different at another track.

It is a shame that the GT3 & 4s have hard slicks as standard, fitting softs (as they probably would in reality for most tracks) makes them much more manageable - but still fun. But that'd mean tuning would need to be allowed. I'm open to thoughts on this from you all.

one victory and one 2nd place) for someone called in with such short notice.
Yeah, that was fishy. :P
But yes it was good to see Ricardo again. I hope he enjoyed his return. Always welcome.

Shame I got disconnected, I was chasing Ricardo when on the last corner, bam! "You have been disconnected from the server" accompanied by the the sound of my car crashing. I'm glad though that the lobby remained stable for everyone to complete the race.

I think most things seemed to have worked quite well. Track limits were still off, but I think everyone realised that at some point. That chicane is tricky!
Any thoughts and suggestions going forward are welcome. They might be ignored but are still welcome. :D

Last edited:
It is a shame that the GT3 & 4s have hard slicks as standard, fitting softs (as they probably would in reality for most tracks) makes them much more manageable - but still fun. But that'd mean tuning would need to be allowed. I'm open to thoughts on this from you all.
More grip is always welcome.

After a little testing I've decided that I shall turn the track limits ON at Watkins. There's quite a lot of places where cutting, or more probably run off, can occur. The limits being on will just ensure that everyone knows the... limits. I've tried my settings and the warning usually disappears without too much slowing down (or any!).

It's still on a track by track basis so if the limits have an adverse effect on further tracks they'll be turned off.

And @GTP_RPREGO if you're available to race on Monday stand by because there will probably be a space for you to jump into. Even if all the teams are full there's still a free 16th slot for you use (it will not be scored though, just for fun).

Hello Paul, these coming mondays 21 and 28 march I will be out travelling for work.
I will try to keep in shape (weekend practice sessions :)) for any other time, let's keep in touch.

Have a nice monday night at the Glen!

Results from Watkins Glen:

Race 1:
Race 1.jpg

Race 2:
Race 2.jpg

Race 3:
Race 3.jpg

Standings:
Monday Teams.jpg

With all my button pressing and checking things, I didn't realise it at the time but it was an impressive 1st race from team Slammer! And also an impressive evening from @half_sourly, 3 group wins.
Race 3 would have been better for them but I used my superpower to turn Simon's TV off. Yes I am EnergySave Man. I have a cape and everything. :)

With Xero not racing I might have to have a rethink on team 1, the Ass Ass Ins.

Last edited:
Hi all.

Artur (hartur) here 😀.

It was really great races and fun yesterday. I think the format is great, since it's effectively 3 different racing experiences on the same track. It's interesting that the car I thought I would under-perform was the one where I did best, GT4 (shame about that last lap).

Great and fair battles in all the 3 races, I really liked the group where I've been put into. Looking forward for our next races!

PS - tio Mario, I'm not sure if the sponsors of Red Wine Racing team were too happy with the Beer option yesterday :D:D

tal
Great and fair battles
Yes, one of the races I was on your bumper nearly the whole time, I dont think I blinked once!!😳 and couldn't really see the corners properly, great fun.

And the TV going off on the last minute of the last race, was because it was set to 4 hours before it auto turned off, I forgot I had a quick go on Fifa22 before PC2 practise and time flies. So sod the environment, eco mode is off.

Great Job @half_sourly

Last edited:
Hi Artur, welcome to GTPlanet! 👍

Quick recap

Race 1 (GT5) - 2nd place - Great battle with @Saltyjoe90, I think it was from lights to flag. Not sure what happened with @Zolon32 and @xeronima but most of the race it was just us two at the front.

Race 2 (GT4) - 3rd place - I had a mishap in corner 1 early on (entirely my fault, was too close to Joe and we don't corner the same way so I had to take avoiding action and binned it) but being in a gentlemen's group meant that my fellow GroupA racers decided to wait for me. Sometime later, don't remember how (probably an error from Joe) I got to 2nd place, that's where I did almost the entire race. Couldn't really gain on Zolon, as Joe couldn't really gain on me. Then again, I didn't feel I deserved it so I slowed down and gave the place back to Joe near the finish line.

Race 3 (GT3) - 3rd place - Again, my inability to race in close quarters (at this track at least) kicked in, again I made a serious mistake and never recovered properly. Sorry teammates, couldn't do better this time! :indiff: ;)

All in all and even if I think I was clearly outclassed in Group A yesterday, I take solace in this Group's having the best laptimes in all 3 cars (1.19s in the GT5, 1.13s in the GT4 and 1.07s in the GT3) and in the fact that I can keep up with you guys (on laptimes alone), so I still think I belong there, but have to say I was a bit "down" after the races yesterday ... it felt somewhat like this

Inkedredredwine_LI.jpg

:D

To end: Joe had some very nice words yesterday about being pushed out of the comfort zone, but in all honesty it's all reciprocal (with the exception of Zolon and his autopilot lol), we're all, in every group, being pushed by our "group mates" and I really want to fine tune my racecraft in close quarters, lap times alone simply aren't enough against you guys.

Very sorry to my teammates raeggee and beachboy (and other guys), but I will be away on Monday-Tuesday and will skip race again :(

Love the picture Mario 😂
You certainly are not outclassed, if anything I've been over performing thanks to my luck with the random grid gods this series.

Turn 1 was a real ****er at Watkins. When you went off track, taking evasive action to avoid my car, I imagine you were thinking I need to get a good exit out of this corner to take him on the straight / bus stop. Hence you needed to keep close and carry the speed. Meanwhile, I was thinking I need to cover the inside to hold this position. So I was off the optimum line and the aggressive camber/kerb caught me out and I lost more speed than you expected (and it was fair to expect). I think it was a good decision by Zolon to wait, with this format it gets quite lonely away from your respective group pack, and all of us are here for the battles 😁

Sorry to hear you can't make the next one Napalm and Xero, hope you can return soon. So long as you have enough practice to learn general lines and braking points then that can be enough, although it's challenging doing that 3 times! For me, this league is currently sandwiched between two ACC leagues. I wouldn't recommend it and won't do it again, but it has been an enjoyable challenge trying to very quickly adapt to the car on the respective track, post a conservative quali lap (in the case of ACC) and then jump in at the deep end. I don't regret the lack of practice if my finishing positions suffer, but I do if the racing suffers like with turn 1, or making the wrong decision at the bus stop with Old. It's all part of the ongoing learning process.

Sorry I haven't been posting this week. My android tablet, which had seemed to have fixed itself, as gone a bit doolally again. Saying that, it's remained stable to type this!

Yes, welcome to GTP @tal 👍 Feel free to join in the chat.

And I still haven't sorted out the Assassins team yet. @Hun200kmh you mentioned that you might know someone who might like to join?

@IfAndOr I do know someone interested, however he has a lot to learn yet, wouldn't be a proper fit to replace xeronima in Group A. My suggestion, if you don't want to do a reshuffle of teams, would be to promote Rich to A, Don to B (if they accept) and get this guy in to C.

@tal and @GTP_RPREGO, you know him, do you agree with my assessment?

@IfAndOr I do know someone interested, however he has a lot to learn yet, wouldn't be a proper fit to replace xeronima in Group A. My suggestion, if you don't want to do a reshuffle of teams, would be to promote Rich to A, Don to B (if they accept) and get this guy in to C.

Yes I agree

I haven’t played much with him, but sounds about right!

Thanks guys. That seems reasonable Mario. I'm sure @richroo and @Don Mejillone wouldn't mind the group change?? There's a lot of cross over between all the rankings anyway, the lines are very blurry.

One thing though, would there be a language problem at all? If so perhaps he might be better suited to team Portugal (:)) and moving Oldbass into the Assassins - if they all didn't mind of course.

Thanks guys. That seems reasonable Mario. I'm sure @richroo and @Don Mejillone wouldn't mind the group change?? There's a lot of cross over between all the rankings anyway, the lines are very blurry.

One thing though, would there be a language problem at all? If so perhaps he might be better suited to team Portugal (:)) and moving Oldbass into the Assassins - if they all didn't mind of course.
I don't mind... :cheers:

Well Magnussen won but other than that it was a boring race (missile into the Mercedes motorhome excepted but that was off track action)

:D

PS - Race only starts at 6PM (my time and yours) but duly noted 👍

Last edited:
If Magnussen wins now, im blaming you.
I avoid TV and radio after 6pm as the idiots on the news just blurt out the results without warning.
Will be having a practice on PC2 if anyone is around, at 7ish and wants to join in. Cant let my team mates down (whoever they will be :)

Last edited:
Back