Just got FM3: Your questions answered ...

• Thread starter Rue
  • 101 comments
I want a 505hp FWD Aveo.

Me too. That would be bad ass..to the bone.

mines 904hp, 789lb-ft torque with a twin turbo on the z01 engine swap... its impossible to drive though. i did make it RWD too
i tried a 1/4 mile drag with it and i had wheelspin the whole way down, 13s
hilarious though

My god, have you gone mad? I can't wait to do that :)

Does the Corvette have the head up display in the cockpit?
article20050606_high.jpg

I find the "pro mode" easier, I can't place exactly whats different with the physics though. I do find them NOT realistic in many situations though.

I don't have XBL and I'm not interested in getting it.

The clutch is annoying, as in my car I don't clutch with my finger, and it feels like its a button even though I have it mapped to a trigger, I want to be able to feel my clutch!

So I can Map it? Good enough for me, I am happy.....very happy.

Yes thanks LongbowX, I must have missed Joeys post. Only the C6 Z06 has 505hp.

Hey, is the '07 Civic Type R the Japanese sedan or the Euro hatch? I'm hoping it's the sedan, so there'll be something similar to my '09 Si...

Heeeey you. Didn't know you had an FA5. Welcome to the club!

We got the 2006 coupe (FG2) and the Euro Type R hatch, again. :indiff:

At least it'll look right having the cockpit view in the coupe. I love racing from that view in Shift. The digital speedometer is awesome for track use.

I didn't go home last night so didn't get another chance to play, but I forgot to mention how great the Hakone circuit is. I drove it in a standard Scirocco and it was so much fun. The tunnels make the engine sound great. I can't wait to get my 288 GTO with straight thorough pipes and blast it up and down there.

the FC? lessee what we got here, engine swaps to the R2TT (RX7 Spirit R) or R3TT (Mazda 3 rotor) cannot change aspiration (turbo), it has a single turbo.
only the Border - StreetHood is available for it (really? no forza style? o.0)
the rear wing is debatable I wont judge.
225/50R16 is the widest on the rear, from 205/55R16

bought an ACR Viper just for you - available aspiration is:
twin turbo,
twin screw supercharger,
centrifugal supercharger.
so yes, you cant single turbo it but you can add a pair of testes to it in the form of twins :)

can also engine swap for a V10 and AWD conversion

hatchback.

damn it :guilty:

I wanna put a v8 in the FC :grumpy:

Because the C5 ZO6 had 385, or 405 depending on what year it was.

Ah I misread that then.

===

One question I have is can you sell cars for a decent amount of money this time around? I seem to recall in Forza 2 you couldn't sell any car for more then 1,000CR's or something.

Ah I misread that then.

===

One question I have is can you sell cars for a decent amount of money this time around? I seem to recall in Forza 2 you couldn't sell any car for more then 1,000CR's or something.

You can only sell prize cars for 100 Cr, other cars sell for decent money and more if it was upgraded.

Rue
I didn't go home last night so didn't get another chance to play, but I forgot to mention how great the Hakone circuit is. I drove it in a standard Scirocco and it was so much fun. The tunnels make the engine sound great. I can't wait to get my 288 GTO with straight thorough pipes and blast it up and down there.

i have a favorite, i havent figured out the name though XD its the cobblestone road that has the beautiful scenery on a cliff side that overlooks a lake.
Is there drift events or mode for points?
you can change the lap time counter to a drift point counter, if you spin out, tap dirt, or come to a stop you lose your drift points for that drift, you can chain drifts.
damn it :guilty:

I wanna put a v8 in the FC :grumpy:

why? these cars are all about rotary!
Can you get this classic dual analog HUD with complete needles in Forza 3?

ymvimwjinwrjywmzmgqwotgwzwjmotm3mty5zjlhn2e.jpg

apparently no, the speedometer stays on the side (digital) inside a tachometer

I only installed the 2nd one due to lack of space.

Not sure if anyone has answered this. I've installed both discs takes up just over 9GB (Including the LE car packs etc). Load times are improved but still seem long. Definate improvement though

apparently no, the speedometer stays on the side (digital) inside a tachometer

So it's like in the demo. I don't like the new design and it's bad for gameplay: If you shift manually in front of a big screen, the rev counter is out of sight.

Why did Turn10 change all those things for the worse...

Well, apologies for the quality of this but I thought it was absolutely hilarious so I used my cell to grab the pic off the tv (I know, shame on me, but no other way to get the images!)

My Saleen S331 super duper truck in a S class speed ring style match with some other S class AI cars who made me angry by spinning me out! (JERKS!) So I uh... got revenge :)

IMG00228.jpg

Shows the damage physics *COUGH EXCUSES COUGH*

I sit about 30" from my 32" cause its next to my 24" computer monitor and I sit in the same chair

Some cars are just like that, my gf's car is horrible for it, I can't see the speedometer or any of the gauges tbh.

Nice demolition derby! :lol: 👍

All of these people complaining about the slightest things are doing my head in. So what if the split times aren't aligned?! It's meant to be a fun game, if you want a 100% accurate sim with the correct rendering of the wheel nuts and a lifelike copy of the driver's testicles, buy GT5 when it comes out.

But I'd rather blast around in a 900hp Chevy Aveo having fun than realistically drive a shopping trolley at speeds I can drive at to the supermarket.

if you want a 100% accurate sim with the correct rendering of the wheel nuts

Funny, I thought that those two things formed the basis of Forza 3's marketing campaign....

I'm kinda sick of the shopping trolley argument. Fact is, Forza is just as bad when your best option is an american Fiesta. At least $10k could get you an evo in GT4.

That's not really saying much, because they all suck compared to a Porsche 356 and Boxter, aka the BEST starting cars EVER.

Funny, I thought that those two things formed the basis of Forza 3's marketing campaign....

I'm kinda sick of the shopping trolley argument. Fact is, Forza is just as bad when your best option is an american Fiesta. At least $10k could get you an evo in GT4.

Forza 3 is marketing as being realistic but it's also fun and is designed to be playable by any audience, not just realism obsessed fans. GT5 will be fun in some ways too, but it's a different style of game, aimed more at people who just want super realism. If I want that, I'll go out and drive my real car. I play games for fun, Forza 3 provides that but my friends can also jump straight in and have a blast in any supercar without worrying about the proper traction limits and cornering physics.

Oh, and any car is available from the start. You have to pick one model for the first few races but then you can do whatever you want with your money.

I play games for fun, Forza 3 provides that but my friends can also jump straight in and have a blast in any supercar without worrying about the proper traction limits and cornering physics.

Thats what Standard physics are for, It seems people forget about them.

All of these people complaining about the slightest things are doing my head in. So what if the split times aren't aligned?! It's meant to be a fun game, if you want a 100% accurate sim with the correct rendering of the wheel nuts and a lifelike copy of the driver's testicles, buy GT5 when it comes out.
Well now, look. When Dan and the other T10ers say the brain dead things they did about Forza 3, they might as well hang their butts on a dart board. Every little thing Kazunori says gets vivisected, so don't expect any exceptions just because you're Microsoft. /sarcasm.

Forza 3 will be a great game, but if it's fair for Dan G and the crew to flat out tell whoppers, it's just as fair to throw water balloons at them.

That's the thing though, people are taking waaaay too much notice of the hype surrounding both games. Everyone needs to step back and review them from a fair perspective.

Of course Turn 10 are going to hype their game up, they are a business after all.

Back