Just got the Thrustmaster T-GT AND WOW

• Thread starter EvoXFTW
  • 48 comments
Canada
Canada
After many years of playing gran turismo with a controller i finally made the leap to a wheel. Constantly reading how a wheel wont make you quicker and the transition is tough but i dont think that may be the case.

Within the first 30 minutes of using my wheel i was 2 seconds faster with 3 different cars on my time trials. The Feedback is incredible and my line is way smoother on entry and exit.

im shocked it took me 15 years to realize how amazing a wheel can change the game.

I bought it too. Amazing feedback. But man are they unreliable...just look at the amazon reviews. I thought they were exagerations, but no, mine broke after less than 6 months, not using it exassavly. After the repair from them it never felt really quite the same and gets loud very quickly every time I use it. At least it still works...

Last edited:
I bought it too.
Fanatec? I feel like they updated/adjusted the motor firmware to make it less reactive to sudden fast forces, which i believe often caused it to go off-center.
I sent my 3rd for inspection and unfortunately last week i got the exact same unit back. They said it's working exactly like it should on PC and PS4 (hardware wise), so it's most likely firmware/software issue from my side. The issue is that i'm really struggling to feel rumble from curbs and it's overally very weak over surface bumps etc. Not once have i fought the wheel even with strong FFB setup, it's performance is just underwhelming.

Ah ok!

P.S Have you tried your CSL in Assetto Corsa Ps4? How does it react when you drive over Laguna Seca's box curbs? Does it feel like driving over a rock or barely any reaction?

Last edited:
I changed from pad to wheel recently as well, but to a G29. The transition wasnt as big of a problem as I was expecting at all.

4 months later I think I'm at pretty much the same level I was on the pad, but like less than 1 month on it I was already on a decent level.

My first experience with a wheel was on World Tour Salzburg, and I have to say, the TGT is a great wheel for someone that doesnt have any experience on it. The amount of feedback it gives you helps you so much on your driving.

I went from the G29 to the T-GT simply because it had that special "GT Mode" (Only works on GT Sport unfortunately) and yeh agree, the amount of feedback and information the wheel provides is incredible.

Enjoy the wheel, i know i do.

Sorry I tried a wheel for two weeks and sent it back, massive feel of understated and the peddles didn't feel good at all, felt like I was on ice.

Pad all the way!

So after 4 days of use I can confidently say I will NEVER play with a controller again. Whoever says a wheel won't make them faster is nonsense.

For someone who actually tracks there car every summer I am very impressed with the Forced Feedback

What settings did you settle on for force feedback / sensitivity? Just curious!

What settings did you settle on for force feedback / sensitivity? Just curious!

I know this question was not directed towards me personally but any Information I can get is helpful.
I'm on day two with my T-GT... Force feedback is on 5 & sensitivity is on 2

I know this question was not directed towards me personally but any Information I can get is helpful.
I'm on day two with my T-GT... Force feedback is on 5 & sensitivity is on 2
Thanks! Just realised the T-GT is a much better wheel than mine (T300RS) with a direct drive rather than belt, so maybe not sensible for me to ask for T-GT settings! :)

For wheel users, if you have problems to hit apex and seem to be little late on the turn in.
Adjust the controller sensitivity, it's the top one of three adjustment.
Yes, it affects wheel also. At least my T300RS wheel. Put it in -2 and you notice, that the steering lag is completely gone.

I am using the Wheel stand Pro as it works perfectly with my chair and desk setup. The wheel stand it self is an excellent product.

For wheel settings I have feedback on 7 sensitivity on 4 or 5

The T-GT is awesome for Gran turismo

For wheel users, if you have problems to hit apex and seem to be little late on the turn in.
Adjust the controller sensitivity, it's the top one of three adjustment.
Yes, it affects wheel also. At least my T300RS wheel. Put it in -2 and you notice, that the steering lag is completely gone.

I read in loads of places that this setting is for the wireless pad only, and never bothered changing it from the default of 0.... after all, it makes no difference to wheels, right? But for fun I just thought I'd follow sdi_03's advice.... and you know what, I think he's right! I just knocked 2 seconds off my fastest in the P4 around La Sarthe....... and it feels.... good.

However, reserving final opinion until tomorrow after comparing again.... its gone 9:30 pm here and the couple of cans of beer i've had may have something to do with it! :cheers:

I read in loads of places that this setting is for the wireless pad only, and never bothered changing it from the default of 0.... after all, it makes no difference to wheels, right? But for fun I just thought I'd follow sdi_03's advice.... and you know what, I think he's right! I just knocked 2 seconds off my fastest in the P4 around La Sarthe....... and it feels.... good.

However, reserving final opinion until tomorrow after comparing again.... its gone 9:30 pm here and the couple of cans of beer i've had may have something to do with it! :cheers:

Haha, this makes me want to (open up a can) experiment with that controller sensitivity to!

Put it in -2 and you notice, that the steering lag is completely gone.

Why would putting it to -2 get rid of the lag? Doesn't - make it less sensitive?

Looks like I'll be playing around with this tonight as well. I'm still several seconds of the top pace so I'll take any advantage I can find.

Back