Just saw a car with painted stock wheels

• Thread starter JDMeddie
  • 85 comments
Anyone try it with the R35 yet? My wheels on the SpecV switched back to stock after changing the tune sheet but I didn't know about the glitch then. I'll try it tonight if no one posts about it before me.

I tried the R35 V-Spec and it didn't work, not sure about the regular GTR yet.

The R32, 88 Supra, and RX7s don't work. I'm gonna make a list when i get to checking myself, so post whatever you guys get working.

I put an updated list of cars that work with the glitch. Some of my premiums don't have painted wheels so i didn't bother checking..And also the majority of my premium cars are japanese, which is the reason why all of them are currently just japanese cars. I only have a few Euros and Muscle and the wheels are painted so I didn't check. :embarrassed:

Confirmed
245296164.jpg

JDMeddie
I put an updated list of cars that work with the glitch. Some of my premiums don't have painted wheels so i didn't bother checking..And also the majority of my premium cars are japanese, which is the reason why all of them are currently just japanese cars. I only have a few Euros and Muscle and the wheels are painted so I didn't check. :embarrassed:

Cool. 👍
Almost seems intentional since its only typical japanese tuners so far lol.
My G37 looks sweet in white with baby blue rims btw. Only the outlines are blue the inner part stays black (in motion).
I might try uploading pics later.

Wait, wait, how does this work?

You purchase aftermarket wheels & paint them, then switch tuning sheets?

Just tried this, worked great on the R33 but on my S13, when I took it online it was just pure black as if there was no wheels, they should have been lime green.

Jamie-C
Just tried this, worked great on the R33 but on my S13, when I took it online it was just pure black as if there was no wheels, they should have been lime green.

:embarrassed:

Mitsubishi Evo RM works too.

Yet to test it online...

Works on Lancia Delta Integrale '91. So far, its the only unknown one that works.

ok, i'm trying to test this, and I'm confused. can someone lay out the steps of how to do this clearly?
I'm just changing the setting sheet from A to B, but both sheets have the same painted wheels. what am I not doing right?

Edit: ok, turns out the car i was testing on didn't have painted wheels, it was teh aftermarket white. painted them, tried again, it worked. have yet to find anything not already known that works.

Last edited:
ok, i'm trying to test this, and I'm confused. can someone lay out the steps of how to do this clearly?
I'm just changing the setting sheet from A to B, but both sheets have the same painted wheels. what am I not doing right?

It doesn't work for every car...theres a list on the first page of the cars that do work.

I thought this thread was about standard cars with painted wheels.. I could care less about painting wheels orange or green (i think it looks stupid on street cars imo) . but i wouldnt mind paying some wheels black on standard cars

I painted the standard wheels of my Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70.
Check it out, they're chrome - that's not the standard color.

lucernechapelbridgee.jpg

I don't know what I did though. Thought it was a new feature in 2.0 :(

Can someone please test this with the 458? I'm not home and I'd realllllly love black stock rims on the 458.

I painted the standard wheels of my Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70.
Check it out, they're chrome - that's not the standard color.

lucernechapelbridgee.jpg

I don't know what I did though. Thought it was a new feature in 2.0 :(

Stock RM wheels are paintable and always have been

well, did a little testing, and it turns out that all three spec sheets can have different wheels. BUT! if you paint set A, then install new wheels on C, then A and C are reset to default color. SO only the last color applied is carried between spec sheets.

lost a color chip figuring that out.

A really neat trick, sure wish it worked on all the car's though. The stock rims are so much more detailed than the GT auto rim's on almost every car.

Latest Posts

Back