Justin's Gallery-Comments Welcome: July 29: Farewell Tour #2

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 122 comments
I like the last shot. However I think the shot would be better, with some depth of field.

Group B Tribute: Nissan 240RS '85

Nissan's entry into the Group B class, the 240RS, was powered by a 237HP 2.4L 4-Cylinder engine. Unlike most Group B cars, the 240RS was based on an already existing model(240SX/Silvia), it also was a front engine rear wheel drive car which gave it a disadvantage compared to the 4WD cars made by other makes. Overall the car wasn't very successful and it's best finish was 2nd at the 1983 New Zealand Rally. Nissan had started developing a new 240RS but by the time it launched it was at an even greater disadvantage.

Last edited:
Looking good! Love the first shot of the Challenger; has such a menacing stature.

The Intimidator: Dale Earnhardt- Part 1

Daytona International Speedway was the scene of one of Dale Earnhardt's most emotional wins, the 1998 Daytona 500, a race that had long eluded him, following the race all the pit crews lined up to congratulated him. It was also the scene of his tragic death on the last lap of the 2001 Daytona 500. Later on in the year his son, Dale Earnhardt Jr. would go on to win an emotional race in the first race at Daytona since his fathers death.

Last edited:
I love this, it really captures the mood you're attempting to convey. Looking forward to P2.

I love this, it really captures the mood you're attempting to convey. Looking forward to P2.

Thanks, part two won't be for another week or so, I'm trying to space it out so the last of 4 is in the 18th of February(10th anniversary of his passing).

Group B Tribute: Renault 5 Maxi Turbo
Renault's Group B entry, the 5 Maxi Turbo, was powered by a mid mounted 350HP turbocharged engine. Unlike most Group B cars the 5 was rear wheel drive only which gave it a disadvantage on non-tarmac rounds. It was only able to win 3 stages in it's lifespan, two of those wins coming from the Tour de Corse.

Shots are a bit dark but you got some really nice sense of action. I would have maybe thrown a few up-close shots in the mix, but overall nice set!

Shots are a bit dark but you got some really nice sense of action. I would have maybe thrown a few up-close shots in the mix, but overall nice set!

Thanks, they were brighter in GT5, not sure what happened between than and now. I also would have loved to get some close ups but it's a standard which means it's best to stay far away(although perhaps once I get a little better at editing that will change).👍

Not sure when the next part will be as the other two non-Peugeots(saving it for last) don't feel like showing up in the UCD.:(

Up next is a car I like to call "Darth Vader".

Last edited:
Last 2 are very nice! I like that you didn't drop the shutter all the way down to 1/60th and that you can still see the rim style. I find myself using 1/60th too much usually taking away from being able to show off my rims a bit. Really solid update!

Ferrari F10 '10

And just for fun, Ferrari's vision of what an F1 field should look like.:P:sly:

SVX
Nice work! My favourite is the second to last shot.

Thanks!

Next will be a long overdue photoshoot of my first car in the game, the Civic, albeit in RM form.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comment.👍

Well I've been messing around with GIMP some more(Bob's doing 24hour race so can't take any photos and I'm bored) and figured why not post something.

Edited(obviously):

Original bland image:

I'm still trying to get a hold on actually manipulating the image.

Also, an RS200 RC showed up in the UCD so that will be coming in the next few days.

Last edited:

Haven't stopped by in quite a while for interwebz service reasons, however, despite the great updates that have preceded this one...I'd like to comment on this one in particular.

Why?

It reminds me of GT2 and that's bloody awesome. Nice job! 👍

Thanks for the comments.

Not sure if there will be another update as I've grown bored with GT5. Hopefully they will add some more events or something.

Back