Kart Racing. Sponsored by TPC.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 152 comments
Yeah, I use TCS5 with these buggers too, and I make the steering rotation and much as possible to desensitize the wheel a bit. These are nothing like driving a real go kart lol. :)
Yeah it's more like powerboating than anything else and I find a boatload of traction control makes it feel more car-like at least on my pad. I dread to think what the wheel might be like.

The first person camera can be a little disorientating too.

Yeah, I use TCS5 with these buggers too, and I make the steering rotation and much as possible to desensitize the wheel a bit. These are nothing like driving a real go kart lol. :)

I've always used TCS 3 and thought it was fine <shrug>. Maybe it's a wheel thing?

Nope. Just turn up on the day, and go as fast as you can. Going uber casual with this one.

Kewlies.. just in the process of gathering decals. Have to wade through a lot to find what i'm after.. specific tags won't really work, neither will the site @Kuraudo pointed me to. Just a lotta trawling. I realy wish we could download the svgs themselves and edit them to get rid of extraneous bits. When you use a matt paint it's harder to block out what you don't need. The blocks tend to be gloss :(.

Saturday, 30th of November.
14:00PST - 17:00EST - 22:00GMT

I'll keep it short, and sweet.

Kart racing. We all love it. Right? How about an hour of it?

4 races. 15 minutes of hilarity, at 4 different circuits.

1. Northern Isle Speedway (Naskart)
  2. Miyabi
  3. Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile
  4. BB Raceway

• Qualifying: 5 Minutes.
  • Grid Order: Race 1 fastest first. Then based on previous race results
  • Race: 15 Minutes
  • Start: Grid with false start check.
  • Boost: Off
  • Slipstream Strength: Weak
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Mech Damage: Off
  • Tyre Wear: 1x
  • Fuel Depletion: Off
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Race Finish Delay: 60 Seconds
  • Tuning: Allowed
  • Ghost: Off
  • Penalties: Off
  • Side Contact Penalty: Off
  • All assists allowed.
Note: Event start time can be adjusted an hour later if needed. Also perfectly happy to run earlier.

Note 2: Entrance isn't strictly limited to TPC guys.

This looks great! Good choice.

I’m only 50/50 for this weekend, so I won’t put my name down yet.

This looks great! Good choice.

I’m only 50/50 for this weekend, so I won’t put my name down yet.

I'm not expecting anyone to take this seriously (I definitely won't be) but yeah, it should be an absolute riot. Especially at HTM.

Karts at miyabi was all I played when I first got this game. I'll join if I'm able to.

Happy to have you, mate. I'm not keeping a dedicated entry list for this one, and I've got no time for practice lobbies due to work hours. So, keep your eyes peeled on sat, and I'll get the room number posted.

I'll run through the thread on Friday, and tag all interested parties as a quick reminder.

I can't get a line to follow down the side of the nose without vomiting itself all over the front, I'll try again tomorrow when I'm more awake (if that doesn't work it's pink lines again :lol:).

Are you using the “align with camera” option before choosing the decal? If not, try that, you can aim the camera with the joystick and if you hold R1 you can also move the point of focus, it helps with distortion on some decals/shapes. Also the depth option helps at times too :)

Are you using the “align with camera” option before choosing the decal? If not, try that, you can aim the camera with the joystick and if you hold R1 you can also move the point of focus, it helps with distortion on some decals/shapes. Also the depth option helps at times too :)
I had tried align with camera and surface, I didn't know that you could change the camera focus, I will give that and the depth a go tomorrow night. Cheers 👍.

I had tried align with camera and surface, I didn't know that you could change the camera focus, I will give that and the depth a go tomorrow night. Cheers 👍.

Happy to help my good man. :cheers: It may be L1 and not R1, so try both just in case. :lol:

@GOTMAXPOWER I'm watching you :mischievous:...............

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191127212533.jpg

Oh boy, I was going to set up a private lobby to give Willow Springs a bit of a burl, and noticed for the settings, "Tuning allowed". That's going to put the cat amongst the pigeons :eek:! BTW, what tyres?

Can't set up a lobbby yet ... bloody update is still downloading :crazy:.

Oh boy, I was going to set up a private lobby to give Willow Springs a bit of a burl, and noticed for the settings, "Tuning allowed". That's going to put the cat amongst the pigeons :eek:! BTW, what tyres?

Can't set up a lobbby yet ... bloody update is still downloading :crazy:.

Tuning is just adjusting the gear ratio, and there's only one set of tyres.

Yep. But it's 9am Sunday, supposed to be having a sleep in ;) :P

Edit: This is the shifter kart? I presume so but want to make sure.

Yeh, there's only one kart. There are a few other open wheelers, but they are too big to be called a kart :lol:. I think it's under Polyphony Digital in Asia from Brand Central.

Back