Kart steering sensitivity

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tou2istTrophy
  • 16 comments
  • 4,697 views
it's so bad my whole arm up to my shoulders hurt after 15 minutes of playing with it. I wonder how I'll fare in the race...
 
Haven't touched a Kart since October and this is why. Have no plans to ever try again until PD fixes it
 
Haven't touched a Kart since October and this is why. Have no plans to ever try again until PD fixes it
If could throw an FiA race I wouldn't even consider the Nations. But I've missed 2 races so... :(:scared:
 
Just did a bunch of practice laps followed by a 25 lap race. It really tires out the arms...

Once you get used to it, it's not so bad. However after that I tried a Gr4 car and I couldn't even turn it lol. Count on it to mess up your brain for other cars.
 
202F2644-3FEB-45AD-9FD3-16D8B6F558CD.png
4CE13C7C-D390-4A9F-8C0B-64633A0D9891.png
20329AA7-3BA3-405B-97AE-2026EC14B2B3.jpeg
The kart handles very badly you have to run assists for it to be driveable and even then it ain’t brilliant
Which is annoying cos I was really proud of my livery, suit and helmet design but don’t think I can be bothered to race it just take pics of it haha

They are so twitchy though it’s unreal and if I move the steering slightly while going down the straight or under braking I get a violent wheel shake
 
I've only ever done one kart race and it was absolutely dismal. I struggled to stay on the track and frequently shot right off; it's worse than Project Cars 2. Should not be the case at all.
 
Does turning down the sensitivity help at all?

I tried the Senna kart event a few days ago, it was fine!
 
View attachment 759256 View attachment 759254 View attachment 759255 The kart handles very badly you have to run assists for it to be driveable and even then it ain’t brilliant
Which is annoying cos I was really proud of my livery, suit and helmet design but don’t think I can be bothered to race it just take pics of it haha

They are so twitchy though it’s unreal and if I move the steering slightly while going down the straight or under braking I get a violent wheel shake

That is a shame cause your liveries are pretty awesome man, good work there!


Jerome
 
Was messing in karts last night with my regular bunch for the first time since the tyre model update and we wheel users all found the kart much easier to drive in cockpit view as opposed to the more usual bumper cam. Give it a go. Pretty fun actually.
 
Was messing in karts last night with my regular bunch for the first time since the tyre model update and we wheel users all found the kart much easier to drive in cockpit view as opposed to the more usual bumper cam. Give it a go. Pretty fun actually.

That was my exact experience. I never use cockpit view and had never even raced the kart before. I was terrible at first but after changing the view and adjusting the camera settings, and about 25 minutes of practice, I was able to pull 6th place in my FIA race for about 1000 points, mainly because I didn’t crash, lol
 
Back