Kaz. How do you feel about the shroud of negativity surrounding GT now?

Australia
Where i'm at
xmalcolmpowderx
It must have been a great feeling with GT 1,2,3,4 to hear all of the praise that those games got (and deserved).

With GT5 and 6 being responsible for long time fans (like me) giving up on the series, and the constant frustration that goes unheard (this very Q and A section being a PERFECT example) by you from the (former) fans, how does this make you feel?

It must have been a great feeling with GT 1,2,3,4 to hear all of the praise that those games got (and deserved).

With GT5 and 6 being responsible for long time fans (like me) giving up on the series, and the constant frustration that goes unheard (this very Q and A section being a PERFECT example) by you from the (former) fans, how does this make you feel?

How much of this negativity is from people who look back at old games and remember them as better than they were? I used to love playing "Road Rash" for example!

If I were him, I would be like "GT1,2,3,4 set up a high expectations. Following the trend, GT5 and 6 carry even higher expectations. Unfortunately, the unmet expectations then turn into frustrations which have floored all over the forum. I have tried my best to keep it up but there are also realistic limitations such as PS3 hardware constraint, cost and time constraints etc. I am listening but no matter how hard I tried to rescue GT6, it is already a fail in many of the fans' eyes. Guess what, I'm not giving up though. I will pour all my effort into GT7 and make it the best ever to set up the pro standard for sim racing one more time like I did when I started the GT series. Not only will I meet your expectations, I will surpass them!!! You mark my words "GT7 will be this era's sim racing" :D "

One of the best questions I´ve ever seen on this forum and on the internet about Gran Turismo Series. GT6 is the last game I get, I won´t give any more money to PD unless I collect the two first games and a PS1. For me, GT5 & 6 have disappointed not only me, but a large number of players who loved the game and the spirit of Gran Turismo, which was, for example, racing a lot to buy those special black cars which appeared on a concrete day of the game, not buying with real money credits for the game. It was a game with an original and strong personality and features. Now it has gone to the dark side and it´s just another commercial racing game.

How much of this negativity is from people who look back at old games and remember them as better than they were? I used to love playing "Road Rash" for example!
The thing with looking back on games and remembering them being better than what they were is true. If I turned on GT1 today, I would laugh.

Back in 97 though, when I turned on GT1, it was AMAZING! the same thing happened for GT2,3, and 4. They were amazing games for their time.

GT5 and 6 however, damn, do i really need to elaborate? Standards? pathetic damage? SOUNDS? Draconian game design? I know I said standards before, but damn, PD are willing to jam PS2 assets into the PS4? you are kidding right?

GT5 and 6 by comparison are not groundbreaking, they are horribly inconsistent, they still sound like garbage.

The problem with GT is that we now know that we have options. And Kaz doesn't seem to know about them or want to include them.....

I know that's wrong, but the record is rather skipping on what we have...... :(

The thing with looking back on games and remembering them being better than what they were is true. If I turned on GT1 today, I would laugh.

Back in 97 though, when I turned on GT1, it was AMAZING! the same thing happened for GT2,3, and 4. They were amazing games for their time.

GT5 and 6 however, damn, do i really need to elaborate? Standards? pathetic damage? SOUNDS? Draconian game design? I know I said standards before, but damn, PD are willing to jam PS2 assets into the PS4? you are kidding right?

GT5 and 6 by comparison are not groundbreaking, they are horribly inconsistent, they still sound like garbage.

You were a young teenager when you started playing GT - that must have shaped your gaming experience - did it give you unrealistic expectations?

You were a young teenager when you started playing GT - that must have shaped your gaming experience - did it give you unrealistic expectations?
No, it gave me realistic expectations of a series that would progress, and move forward. Not remain stagnant and lifeless.

No, it gave me realistic expectations of a series that would progress, and move forward. Not remain stagnant and lifeless.

I presumed that they were unrealistic from your negative posts.

Personally I had low expectations for GT6 - a slight improvement over GT5. I don't find the game stagnant and lifeless - I find you get as much out of it as you put in.

Exactly. Back then, GT2 was everything I could ask for. And I'm talking about a time when GT4 was already released and I didn't even know it existed. When I saw the videos of GT4's gameplay, the graphics that looked life-like when compared to GT2, and when I finally got it, I felt I had the best racing game ever.

That isn't happening with GT5. At all. And apparently it isn't happening with GT6 either, seeing all the complaints which I sure as hell didn't have with GT2 and GT4. There was just so much fun to be had that I didn't think of complaining.

Back to '01 though: I started with GT3 and it had 180 cars after they threw away the GT2 cars. Then, I got GT4 and I was suprised by the graphics and the quantity of cars!

Then, I bought the PS3 and the GT5 Prologue in 2009 and I saw the graphics more realistic. Then, when I bought GT5, I never thought that GT5 would be so exciting.... I played it several times.

And then, I got GT6 and it suprised me a lot! It had better graphics than GT5.

But for other side, I think that the duplicates of MX-5, Silvias, GTO's... Should be putted as trims options, not counting as double cars! I think that PD should make more Premium cars and less Standard cars.

And I think that we should have every single feature, car and single track so we're happy. 👍

My thing with the duplicates is this: If there was ONE car per year (frames and models are updated throughout the production run, so......) that could have ALL of the options for that car (ending up with as few as dozens, and as many as hundreds of variables or "cars"), they could lower the initial car count.

Then, we could say, "But I have THIS variety", and everyone would be happier.

I don't see it happening, though.....

As far as gameplay, I did not get GT3 or 4 for myself. I did play GT3 when someone loaned me their system to play on after a surgery. It was nice. The menus were reasonable, and there were a LOT of races that I WANTED to play again!

I did have GT1 and 2, as well, during and before this time. I love GT2! It is a fun game, with good progression, fairly easy menus, and just a fun time to be had.

I have played GT5 and 6. I played 5 offline until I couldn't progress and got bored. I finally got so bored I tried out an online event that was well hosted and quite good.

That is the ONLY reason I continue to play GT. A good host creating good events. I wish PD would get back to that.

Recently, I got GT4 and a PS2 that could play it. I almost can't get past the "world" menu. It is NOT intuitive, and I really, really feel lost. It's not a pleasant thing. Mind, the graphics and races are nice. But getting to them, well, to be nice, isn't..... ;)

Recently, I got GT4 and a PS2 that could play it. I almost can't get past the "world" menu. It is NOT intuitive, and I really, really feel lost. It's not a pleasant thing. Mind, the graphics and races are nice. But getting to them, well, to be nice, isn't..... ;)

One of the issues with the World menu is that it is so big, yet so empty, when you could smash it all together in few menus:

[Events]
- Special Events
- Professional Events
- Expert Events
- Endurance Races
- And so on
[Dealerships]
- Europe
- Asia
- America
- Japan
- And so on
[Used Car Dealerships]
- Etc.

But no. You have to move from one way to the other when it could be simpler.

Last edited:
Yeah. Even as much as GT5 wasn't super, it was a "World" ( ;) ) of a lot easier to deal with! ;)

Right. Even then I think GT5's dealerships sucked a bit, having to search for a particular dealership was a pain that could have been solved by having them sorted by countries. But it was a step in the right direction.

I seem to recall that just shortly after GT5 came out, the menu structure was generally disliked by most people here. And GT6's was preferred. I don't know if this is selective memory, but it seems dodgy to me.

Is spite of the current game the only thing that brings some of you here? Just curious.

Cool question.. (/scarasm)

How does it make you feel? lol, disrespect much?
Not nearly as much disrespect as asking your customers and the gtp community to submit questions and go through the effort of making threads and getting others to like them then giving the community the middle finger by only answering one or two in months upon months when they could just asnwer a bunch a questions in one go. Disrespect much?

Not nearly as much disrespect as asking your customers and the gtp community to submit questions and go through the effort of making threads and getting others to like them then giving the community the middle finger by only answering one or two in months upon months when they could just asnwer a bunch a questions in one go. Disrespect much?

Do we know nothing else will be answered? Give them the time to keep working away at GT7 so Kaz can make sure he doesn't disclose top secret development features that fail to make it at release. You can only tell and explain what you can, he's made the mistake of saying or even printing things on the box that didn't work out the way they thought and therefore didn't get released.

There would never be a "middle finger" attitude involved from a Japanese Gentleman btw. That's absurd.

Back