Kazunori Yamauchi: "GT5 will be updated every week or month"

• Thread starter bjosim
  • 52 comments
This makes me wonder what these updates will bring. More cars? More tracks? Will be interesting!

Does this surprise people? It's obvious GT wasn't finalized at release. They locked a lot down until things could released after being thoroughly tested.

More events! Most people are not going to continue playing this game for too much longer with such a limited single player and beta level online experience. Adding events is about the easiest update possible and would extend the single player more than anything else they could do, I really hope we see this in the near future.

Does this surprise people? It's obvious GT wasn't finalized at release. They locked a lot down until things could released after being thoroughly tested.

Yes, but for years to come? Must be more than just the anticipated stuff.. I hope.

No, but it actually seems like a good way to rip the people off even more.

umm. So let me get this straight. Adding more content to a game will rip people off even more then if the company didn't add the content.

by George I think hes onto something! :dunce:

umm. So let me get this straight. Adding more content to a game will rip people off even more then if the company didn't add the content.

by George I think hes onto something! :dunce:

No, you got me wrong there.
I meant: The game that's being released should be a finished product. But since they're needing money, they rush the games, now, with new technology, they can simply add things later on, ofcourse for more money. Almost no DLC is free.
That also sucks for people like me, who don't live on a region where broadband isn't available.
So, you got what I meant now?

I meant: The game that's being released should be a finished product. But since they're needing money, they rush the games, now, with new technology, they can simply add things later on, ofcourse for more money. Almost no DLC is free.
That also sucks for people like me, who don't live on a region where broadband isn't available.

Content will costs, but updates for features will always be free.

ex. leaderboards, events, etc. etc.

I still dont see how its ripping people off. With how much time you can invest in the current game. $60 is pretty cheap :sly:

I think all updates will be free.. Not sure, but i can't imagine they will make us pay for it.

Updates and DLC are two different things.

When they say updates, they mean like the one a few weeks ago. All you did was turn on GT5 and it started downloading, no charge.

I still dont see how its ripping people off. With how much time you can invest in the current game. $60 is pretty cheap :sly:
It's like 70€ where I live, I think it's a bit more than $60. But, they always say updates will be free and stuff, in the end I see people complaining that they had to pay for fixes. I only know that Konami are giving updates out for free.

They already started making extra money with CE and SE tbh.

Sony will always be bloodsuckers.

Every week is pretty unrealistic period but we got 3 patches over threeish weeks to begin with, so that is pretty good, imagine the first few months will be bug fixes, improvements etc beyond that i see dlc and lots of it.

I have no problem with this. I like expecting new things every week or so. Makes turning on my system worth it. Just to see eh, what did i get today.

In the interview they also asked if we will see any Nordic tracks, to which he replied: "It is certainly possible to add more tracks for the online mode. Typically the tracks in GT are often tracks i have visited and i like." Anyone know if he has ever visited a Nordic track? Could be a hint..

In the interview they also asked if we will see any Nordic tracks, to which he replied: "It is certainly possible to add more tracks for the online mode. Typically the tracks in GT are often tracks i have visited and i like." Anyone know if he has ever visited a Nordic track? Could be a hint..

Maybe this one?

JGW
Um...which is it...every week OR every month?

It cannot be both, and likely, it will be neither.

On occasion when GT5 has two successive updates each week for a period of two weeks, the update is therefore weekly. On occasion when PD updates GT5 once in the period of a month, that would be a monthly update. So basically what he might be saying is that there will be at least one update monthly and once in awhile there will be at least one update a week.

So I'm assuming its every month because he's already renigged on every week.

Why do you say that? We had an update this week, We had one last week and we had 1 the week before.

The game has been out 3 weeks and there have been 3 updates one each week just like he said.

It could mean every week at first then every month.
It could mean every week of every month.
It could mean every week or every month.
It could mean every week for a month.

It's like 70€ where I live, I think it's a bit more than $60. But, they always say updates will be free and stuff, in the end I see people complaining that they had to pay for fixes. I only know that Konami are giving updates out for free.

They already started making extra money with CE and SE tbh.

Sony will always be bloodsuckers.

Cite one example of an update patch that fixes a game (any game, really - regardless of platform) that cost money. Because I can't think of a single instance where that's the case.

Back