Kazunori Yamauchi: "GT5 will be updated every week or month"

• Thread starter bjosim
  • 52 comments
Why do you say that? We had an update this week, We had one last week and we had 1 the week before.

The game has been out 3 weeks and there have been 3 updates one each week just like he said.

Looking at the news your correct. Funny, I only remember two.:dunce:

Or even more bugs?:lol:

No, but it actually seems like a good way to rip the people off even more.

Ripped off ?? Why are you being ripped off, you don't pay for the updates!!
you people realy confuse me, on the one hand you want more, more, more and then when you get it you say you're being ripped off, make up your mind:grumpy:👎

Cite one example of an update patch that fixes a game (any game, really - regardless of platform) that cost money. Because I can't think of a single instance where that's the case.

I am going to go ahead and disclaim it right now that I am not naming an actual game or patch specifically but I get the gut feeling in my past I have seen game fixes bundled with DLC in a shifty way...

Like let's say only DLC cars get leaderboards... so technically it's not a patch that costs money, but you don't get the fix unless you spend money.

Something like that, you get the idea.. and you know if something like that happened we'd get an immediate influx of people saying "what do you want something for free? Pay for the DLC if you want it, if not you got more than $60 worth already!" :rolleyes:

I am going to go ahead and disclaim it right now that I am not naming an actual game or patch specifically but I get the gut feeling in my past I have seen game fixes bundled with DLC in a shifty way...

Like let's say only DLC cars get leaderboards... so technically it's not a patch that costs money, but you don't get the fix unless you spend money.

Something like that, you get the idea.. and you know if something like that happened we'd get an immediate influx of people saying "what do you want something for free? Pay for the DLC if you want it, if not you got more than $60 worth already!" :rolleyes:

Sorry mate, but this argument is a little disingenious on your part, we can play the what if game till the cows come home, what if we get hit by a 1000ton meteorite tonight, then none of us will have to worry about this stuff at all any more.
Also at least then I don't have to wade through a million moans from people who treat this GAME as if the fate of nations depends on it.

Or even more bugs?:lol:

No, but it actually seems like a good way to rip the people off even more.

I Don't feel ripped of by the game, if you do, I'm sure the store you bought it in will give you a refund, or change the game for NFS or something.

Apparently they have decided to use a page right out of the Microsoft playbook.

Is GT5 that bad that it needs updates every week or month? :lol:

IMO, bad may not be the right word.
Wholly incomplete, half done, seriously lacking, are probably better descriptives.

I find it astonishing, how quickly many are conditioned to the acceptance of this method. No wonder though I guess, since its been pushed for sometime now.

Ripped off ?? Why are you being ripped off, you don't pay for the updates!!
you people realy confuse me, on the one hand you want more, more, more and then when you get it you say you're being ripped off, make up your mind:grumpy:👎

Its not that confusing, you already payed $60 or more for a half done game.
No one said you may not have to pay for the updates.
Thats an assumption on your part and not likely one that will hold up long.
But just assuming that you don't have to pay for a while, why having already bought the game should you be sitting around waiting for them to complete the game????????
So now if they do cost you, why should you pay more in an effort to get a complete game ??????????
Well.....Duh...... how much more ????????
And thats OK ???????????

I think back at paying 30 bucks for GT4, and it is ten times the game GT5 is, at half the price. GT5P wasn't much less of a game than GT5 and it was half the price.

I Don't feel ripped of by the game, if you do, I'm sure the store you bought it in will give you a refund, or change the game for NFS or something.

Thats certainly an option that may need to be exercised. But you won't get a full refund, just used trade in.
However, I can't help but wonder if you have ever played a previous GT.
Having not played one is the only way I can surmise you would not feel "ripped off" or at the least "very disappointed".

No, I think the game is great. I basically was talking about DLC that you have to pay for. Oh, and NFS just sucks.

I'm not sure, since I can't download patches anyway, but wasn't the F1 2010 patch not free.

EDIT: SuperCobra, that's exactly what I meant, they give us a more like half finished game (compared to GT4) and then they want us to pay for things that will be added, but could've been added right away.

I still dont see how its ripping people off. With how much time you can invest in the current game. $60 is pretty cheap :sly:
Fair point, and what you've written has changed how I intended to post... I've got no problem with them pushing through updates on the content & features every couple weeks and I won't having an issue paying a couple bucks for new tracks or an important block of cars (a 356 & a 959 please :sly:).

When we've gotten updates to include leaderboards (ala Prologue) full control of the tranny, & a couple customization items (rim selection & more cars for race prep), I think the $60 bucks paid for the game will be a fair price because I can live the everything else pretty much OK.

At first I was going to say $60 wasn't fair. But that isn't justified considering I've already piled countless hours into it getting to level 20

Updates are free, so even if you did pay $60 for a half complete game, the parts to complete it are free.

DLC on the other hand, are bonuses so it is fair to pay for them. One thing that I do hope is that they have good cars in packs. Not one good car an others terrible.

Updates are free, so even if you did pay $60 for a half complete game, the parts to complete it are free.

DLC on the other hand, are bonuses so it is fair to pay for them. One thing that I do hope is that they have good cars in packs. Not one good car an others terrible.

You mean like 3 Skylines, 2 Civics and an F50? lol

Oh look more complaints! How uncharacteristic of this forum of late. Kitchenboy3, thank you for reminding me how people around here used to act. It's just a game, maybe these kids lack the life experience to put these things in perspective.

I don't feel ripped off. As flawed as it is, it is still twice the game that many recent releases selling for the same amount were. I also haven't paid a cent for any "update" yet and since we haven't seen any DLC yet, how can you assume it will cost you more. It's like you guys can't wait to complain about something that hasn't happened yet :)

Apparently they have decided to use a page right out of the Microsoft playbook.

IMO, bad may not be the right word.
Wholly incomplete, half done, seriously lacking, are probably better descriptives.

I find it astonishing, how quickly many are conditioned to the acceptance of this method. No wonder though I guess, since its been pushed for sometime now.

Its not that confusing, you already payed $60 or more for a half done game.
No one said you may not have to pay for the updates.
Thats an assumption on your part and not likely one that will hold up long.
But just assuming that you don't have to pay for a while, why having already bought the game should you be sitting around waiting for them to complete the game????????
So now if they do cost you, why should you pay more in an effort to get a complete game ??????????
Well.....Duh...... how much more ????????
And thats OK ???????????

I think back at paying 30 bucks for GT4, and it is ten times the game GT5 is, at half the price. GT5P wasn't much less of a game than GT5 and it was half the price.

Thats certainly an option that may need to be exercised. But you won't get a full refund, just used trade in.
However, I can't help but wonder if you have ever played a previous GT.
Having not played one is the only way I can surmise you would not feel "ripped off" or at the least "very disappointed".

Some of your argument are totally out of place.

At first, GT4 also cost 60 bucks at the release. You cannot compare a game you bought as a PLATINUM EDITION with a game after release ;)

And the other thing is, that GT4 was never ten times the game GT5 is. I cannot remember any stuff, I could do any better in GT4 than in GT5. It has the same structure like the previous titles and has added some very important things like weather, day/night and damage to advance it as a sim.

Maybe the content of race events lacks in comparison with GT4, but thats it.

So your next point "half done" is totally subjective, but not objective. It is a full playable game which you can play from start to the end with nothing missing in it.

GT5 is designed like it is and like it always was. I agree, that there are some parts, where you could get the feel of "unfinished"...that is right. But not the hole game consists of unfinished and half-done content.

You should differ, what you wish to be in the game and what the developers needed to implement. If they do not implement a feature, what you where asking for, it is not a "half-done" thing but only a part of the game concept and decision of the game developers.

But as I said, at some point I agre with your opinion and things need to be fixed via patches/ updates.

lviw View Post
It's like 70€ where I live, I think it's a bit more than $60. But, they always say updates will be free and stuff, in the end I see people complaining that they had to pay for fixes. I only know that Konami are giving updates out for free.

They already started making extra money with CE and SE tbh.

Sony will always be bloodsuckers.

I think you cannot distinguish DLC and patches.

Patches/ updates are fixes by the game developers to eliminate bugs, which caused problems or to add missing content, which makes the game better playable....and they are always for free.

DLC almost always costs money, but sometimes is for free too. It is conten for the game, which advance the game design or improves the game quality (cars, tracks, features).

So you got two updates 1.02 and 1.03 for free and there will be alot more...and you will get paid DLC I think (but that is your decision)

Uhm.. Since when did corporations and subsidiaries(Sony and Polyphony Digital respectively) stop trying to squeeze out every single possible amount of money from a product they've created.

If you buy a car in real life, do you then go back to the dealer in a rage telling them that you bought a WHOLE car and you should get new lightweight rims for free ''since they're making money anyway''?

Anyway, I am just happy their intentions are to update and add to the game on a regular(oh well.. :)) basis.

And plan to do so for ''years''.

I think this really is just his excited way of saying it could be updated often... I think Kaz either gets carried awa with excitement or is stretching the truth often in what he says and the truth often is a scaled back version..

So what he is saying in my book is "we will updated it often, it will feel like almost constantly" and in reality I think it will be updated heavily for a month or two and then pretty much taper off.

*crosses fingers for more events*

Dear Santa,

I have been a very good boy all year. I don't want toys or games or even sweets for Christmas, all I want is an expansion for Gran Turismo 5. More races for me to plough through. That is all...

Oh! If you're still there?... If you can find the time, please make the damage model more realistic.

Thank you,

Rikki.

They should add some one make races to the events.

You can have all the one-make races you want in the practice area. Now as for why they don't count toward XP or cash, who knows.

In fact, they ought to make every legally completed lap in practice mode count towards a-spec XP.

Back