Kazunori Yamauchi Reflects on 20 Years of Gran Turismo

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Oct 13, 2017.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. Theufcveteran

Theufcveteran

Really enjoyed that video. I always find it fascinating when Kaz talks about GT and how it came to be. KAZ: Pushing the Virtual Divide gave us a look into his life and how he operates, I thought it was super interesting.

3. marcvic

marcvic

The entire GT fanbase is all too familiar with Kaz's optimistic attitude :lol:

I'm glad the GT series exists, with Kaz at the helm - even in 2017, it provides such a unique experience not only in sim racing but in video games altogether.

4. Chikane

Chikane

Good video :D I been with GT since the first one with GT 2 being my favorite racing game of all time.

5. TheNuvolari

TheNuvolari

That was a really good watch. Unfortunately, I didn't understand the half of what Mr. Yoshida said. :boggled:
    However, I thought there would be an announcement, like an 'Original Track DLC' or something.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  6. ironcobra

ironcobra

Having been a gt fan since the beginning, and purchasing all of this years driving games as well as owning assetto, I can whole heartedly say while these games i mentioned may have the sim down just a little better in no way do any of them compare at all to the soul of gran turismo. I mean the little things like the hud is just terrible in any game after playing gt sport(project cars im really talking to you its just really bad). The menus the music, the career mode. Online its the best non sub based racing(I have never played iracing and never will they just charge way to much). Project cars and assetto are just lifeless games and Forza is just a joke of a tech demo, ac and pc are good if i just want to jump in and run some laps but they have never motivated me to want to complete every nook and cranny like gt. I love how gt makes you earn and buy your cars instead of just opening the whole game from the start. If project cars could really put some effort into building a rewarding career mode it would probaly be the best game in the world for racing but unfortunately I dont think they have a grasp or the desire kaz has to make a truly fun game and not just a hot lap game. Thanks Kaz for always being an optimist.

7. Obelisk

Obelisk Premium

I liked that video. You really get to see Yamauchi-san's passion for the franchise in the way he talks about it.

If there's something Gran Turismo has over other games, it's soul.

8. sxh1991

sxh1991

6:06 it's that....rain?:confused:

9. MARcFuLLa

MARcFuLLa

Yes... on GT5 I believe

10. MyFavoriteGame

MyFavoriteGame

Same here! Gran Turismo 2 was basically a third parent to me :) :)

deviln3 and Chikane like this.
  11. cutmeamango

cutmeamango (Banned)

Would you say... its soul is on display?

Gibeon, deviln3, Firehuntah and 10 others like this.
  12. Obelisk

Obelisk Premium

Take my upvote. That was a good one.

cutmeamango likes this.
  13. Theufcveteran

Theufcveteran

Indeed it was, how long have you been waiting to use that @cutmeamango? :lol:

cutmeamango likes this.
  14. cutmeamango

cutmeamango (Banned)

:O I was going to use it in the "Sony should fire Kaz" thread, poster said "they took away the game's heart and soul!", so I was going to quote just that and say: SOUL OFF DISPLAY?!.

Theufcveteran likes this.
  15. SuperKlonoaGT

SuperKlonoaGT

Hehehehehe... Ahhh, my favorite Daiki Kasho song. "Moon Over the Castle" is great and all, but I really think "5OUL" should be GT's theme. Because it really does have a lot of soul and passion on display, especially in Sport's presentation.

ProjectF, Lord Kacperov and JakeMR2 like this.
  16. karelpipa

karelpipa

funny like they show Gran Turismo ''2'' but in reality it is only a tecnical PS2 demo video. :) (at 2:43)

tankuroded and JakeMR2 like this.
  17. Master Weasel

Master Weasel Premium

Why can’t we celebrate Gran Turismo’s history without throwing other racing games under the bus? Forza, AC, and Project Cars don’t have anything to do with this.

Tikkaritsa likes this.
  18. versous

versous

what else do you expect from the official Playstation channel?