Kazunori Yamauchi Reflects on 20 Years of Gran Turismo

That was a really good watch. Unfortunately, I didn't understand the half of what Mr. Yoshida said. :boggled:
However, I thought there would be an announcement, like an 'Original Track DLC' or something.

Last edited:
Having been a gt fan since the beginning, and purchasing all of this years driving games as well as owning assetto, I can whole heartedly say while these games i mentioned may have the sim down just a little better in no way do any of them compare at all to the soul of gran turismo. I mean the little things like the hud is just terrible in any game after playing gt sport(project cars im really talking to you its just really bad). The menus the music, the career mode. Online its the best non sub based racing(I have never played iracing and never will they just charge way to much). Project cars and assetto are just lifeless games and Forza is just a joke of a tech demo, ac and pc are good if i just want to jump in and run some laps but they have never motivated me to want to complete every nook and cranny like gt. I love how gt makes you earn and buy your cars instead of just opening the whole game from the start. If project cars could really put some effort into building a rewarding career mode it would probaly be the best game in the world for racing but unfortunately I dont think they have a grasp or the desire kaz has to make a truly fun game and not just a hot lap game. Thanks Kaz for always being an optimist.

Having been a gt fan since the beginning, and purchasing all of this years driving games as well as owning assetto, I can whole heartedly say while these games i mentioned may have the sim down just a little better in no way do any of them compare at all to the soul of gran turismo. I mean the little things like the hud is just terrible in any game after playing gt sport(project cars im really talking to you its just really bad). The menus the music, the career mode. Online its the best non sub based racing(I have never played iracing and never will they just charge way to much). Project cars and assetto are just lifeless games and Forza is just a joke of a tech demo, ac and pc are good if i just want to jump in and run some laps but they have never motivated me to want to complete every nook and cranny like gt. I love how gt makes you earn and buy your cars instead of just opening the whole game from the start. If project cars could really put some effort into building a rewarding career mode it would probaly be the best game in the world for racing but unfortunately I dont think they have a grasp or the desire kaz has to make a truly fun game and not just a hot lap game. Thanks Kaz for always being an optimist.

Why can’t we celebrate Gran Turismo’s history without throwing other racing games under the bus? Forza, AC, and Project Cars don’t have anything to do with this.

Latest Posts

Back