Kazunori Yamauchi Teases Next Batch of GT Sport Cars, Update Coming Next Week

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 789 comments
I wish:bowdown::bowdown:! I hope it finds itself in GTS soon. I prefer 2002 over E30.
Did Nissan sell them like That? Wowwww!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::eek:
Yes, but every game since GT4 has had the 2002 in. It's a nice car and a classic BMW that often gets overlooked by other developers, but this is the E30's debut. For many years I and countless others have wanted this car to appear in the franchise after seeing it in virtually every other franchise out there, be it Forza, NFS or even more obscure titles like Enthusia. Now it's finally here on the grandest stage of them all.

Also that GT-R is basically what the Group 3 road cars are supposed to be modern interpretations of. They were mainly targeted at privateer racing firms who lacked works' support rather than daily drivers for your average Joe, though they were road legal and some inevitably got turned into highway monsters I'd imagine.

And while we're on the subject of GT-Rs, I can't believe that many people seriously doubted it was an R33 for a second, even after all the comparisons. It was the only GT-R of the "Godzilla" era (R32 - present) not yet represented in GT Sport. There wouldn't be any sense in adding a second R32, and even less sense bringing in a Silvia, as nice as that would sound.

cant wait for future once as well, I need to see more low hp cars, man, VW Bettle and the classic JDMs, I need an EG95 and EK 97 and DC99, that's all we need, PD don't understand how their sales will boost up with these cars, so many Honda lovers in this country and world, just with those cars they can increase the sales..

For me I’d love more older Porsche’s, maybe even a Raul Welt

So, I like how Polyphony is listening to its fanbase for cars.
We wanted Porsche's we got them.
We wanted the E30 we got it.
We wanted older cars and we got them.
Since they said more cars are coming, what do you think we'll be getting next?
Brand wise I hope we get Pontiac, Lancia and Lotus back and they add Koenigsegg and Kia.
Car wise I have too long of a list, but I guess just to fullfill my Initial D fantasies, the Corolla GTS gets added.

Last edited:
So, I like how Polyphony is listening to its fanbase for cars.
We wanted Porsche's we got them.
We wanted the E30 we got it.
We wanted older cars and we got them.
Since they said more cars are coming, what do you think we'll be getting next?
Brand wise I hope we get Pontiac, Lancia and Lotus back and they add Koenigsegg and Kia.
Car wise I have too long of a list, but I guess just to fullfill my Initial D fantasies, the Corolla GTS gets added.

Well then; PD please look into the tyre model and bring back the original tracks :)

BTW: has anyone else found strange that the maintanance period is 2hrs later this time around?

After the maintenance period? It will already be 7:00 PM at my end, and I can't wait another half hour for the update to download. That seems off because the update usually drops during the maintenance...

This just in: the update has just come up for download. Disregard above text.

Anyhow, I didn't really expect Tsubuka to be included in this update. It was just wishful thinking, I thought Fuji was a more likely candidate. Obviously not, and that's great! Funny how we were just discussing the lack of it in this game... Good car selection as always, but the Super GT's will be no doubt one of the highlights here, in addition to the E30. But I gotta say, I was sceptical at the possibility of 50 new cars by April, and yet here we are. After years over-promising and under-delivering, it's about time. This game really is brilliant.

After this latest update, you will see your car sinking into the ground going around corners:

2ahfitt.jpg

A closer look:

307pvro.jpg

Sorry, this should be in the bug thread.

Last edited:
Back