Keep Spinning out...

• Thread starter Tmalone
  • 39 comments
Alright. I'm gonna call you out on this one.

First, it is NOT the bodykits that lowered Haraguchi/Imamura(86)/A Bo Moon dudes/Akinori Ito/Icouldgoonforever-san's cars. They help getting those last few inches YES, but if you removed the aero on those cars, they would STILL be low and look 100000x better than any "Pro Car" you would ever build in any game. Search "Break Ito Style" and tell me he can't drive with a lowered, STOCK BODY Type X.

They do NOT use modified knuckles or "hub assemblies" to keep the correct geometry. Some raise their subframe, and most of the time you can get away with all the rad adjustable suspension arms and **** you can get these days. Running overfenders had NOTHING to do with them being lowered. You can drift a perfectly stock-metal car while it still being lowlow. Act like you know.

You're probably one of those kids who runs off to buy a haggard ass 240 thinking you're Tsuchiya on your first day, smash it into the curb and blaming that your car was lowered. THEN you don't have the skill/means to repair your car, and go on the internet and tells us your daily is a missile.

People like you killed drifting, making it some "well set-up, high car, V8" ********. It was supposed to be fun.

I may be stuck in the biggest ditch out on track, but the difference between me and you is that I look good doing it.
That was a cute rant, Im now pretty certain you don't have any real experience with drifting. I gave some open words of advice based on virtual and real world experience. You can neglect the necessity of proper modification/ tuning in favor of looking like a stance clown and that's fine, drifting isnt a restrictive hobby do it how you'd like, but just as I look like a douche in a set up machine to you, those of us in the function world laugh our ass off at the form kids tearing down tire barriers and putting themselves in the wall because they wanted to look cool.

That was a cute rant, Im now pretty certain you don't have any real experience with drifting. I gave some open words of advice based on virtual and real world experience. You can neglect the necessity of proper modification/ tuning in favor of looking like a stance clown and that's fine, drifting isnt a restrictive hobby do it how you'd like, but just as I look like a douche in a set up machine to you, those of us in the function world laugh our ass off at the form kids tearing down tire barriers and putting themselves in the wall because they wanted to look cool.

Nope, no experience.

Yes they do, even extended suspension arms. But that is to get more steering lock, not because the car is lowered. I forgot to add that.

Steering bind is thing btw, modified knuckles are a must for lowered cars to stop it, at least with the common Nissan drift cars.

Most local drifters here that have drift cars that are really low haven't done the work on the cars needed so they drive like crap and it really shows on the track, its great when you can out drift people with half their power and only the most basic mods because you haven't dumped your car to look cool while parked.

Also I doubt that GT6 really simulates any of the issues you have in real life with a low drift car.

326 power makes parts to allow your car to look good while still performing fine. Shakotan style but without have a roll center ****ed up. So you can win win (because everyone knows that drifting is about wining competitions and making YouTube videos...) while still not looking Formula Douche style.

Oh by the way
"I've been Shakotann for 10 years but still don't understand the concept of roll-center. What i worry is how my car sounds and how my aero comes off....." -Akinobu Satsukawa

Yes they do, even extended suspension arms. But that is to get more steering lock, not because the car is lowered. I forgot to add that.
The knuckles' geometry allows for the cars to be lowered without affecting suspension travel. It's explained in this video

I'm having a problem with a few of my cars spinning out in banked corners. I can't figure it out. They'll do fine when the ground is relativly flat, but when there's a banked turn, they act like they're swirlling their way down a toilet.

I'm thinking my suspension is too stiff, but I'm not sure. Plus, I don't know if it spring rate, dampers, or anti-roll bars that are the problem. And i cant figure out if its the front end, rear end, or the whole car's suspension that's the problem. Any suggestions?

I'm having a problem with a few of my cars spinning out in banked corners. I can't figure it out. They'll do fine when the ground is relativly flat, but when there's a banked turn, they act like they're swirlling their way down a toilet.

I'm thinking my suspension is too stiff, but I'm not sure. Plus, I don't know if it spring rate, dampers, or anti-roll bars that are the problem. And i cant figure out if its the front end, rear end, or the whole car's suspension that's the problem. Any suggestions?
If you're on a controller you're gonna have a bad time with banked corners. Every time you turn the joystick the car looses traction for a split second which causes gravity to pull the front down to the lowest point in the corner. The only way to do it is to make the least amount of steering corrections possible.

If you're on a controller you're gonna have a bad time with banked corners. Every time you turn the joystick the car looses traction for a split second which causes gravity to pull the front down to the lowest point in the corner. The only way to do it is to make the least amount of steering corrections possible.
Yep, you nailed it. I'm a DS3 user. Thanks for the help 👍:cheers:

Back