Ken Block, Hoonigan Founder, Killed in a Snowmobile Accident at 55

• Thread starter Famine
  • 73 comments
This picture brings me to tears, both legends in rallying gone far too soon.

52605369619_1279af804f_o.jpg

Celebrity deaths typically don't phase me, but Ken's really got to me. I think the last time I felt like this was when Dave Mirra died since like Block, Mirra definitely had an impact to my younger self.

I see that the accident occurred around Mill Hallow, which has some pretty steep inclines, especially to the south. The staging area is around 8,800ft and it rapidly climbs to 10,000ft along Duchesne Ridge before dropping back to around 8,500ft along the Duchesne River. There are some pretty gnarly cliffs right there too.

Terrible news :( I bought Dirt 3 and Dirt Showdown on Steam yesterday so I can enjoy some Ken.

I couldn’t believe it when I saw the news.

Legend. He will live on for decades to come through his works, and those who he inspired. Those who use his cars in games, those who consume or create media about or related to him.

Rest in Peace.

Last edited:
Ouch 😓

Personally not a fan of Block’s Gymkhana stuff but I enjoyed his action in the Ford Focus RS RX in World Rally Cross championship a couple of years ago. Then more recent I saw him getting a partnership with Audi for an electrified Hoonigan Audi S1 (as well as messing around a bit with the old Group B S1).

R.I.P. Ken

Jesus christ wtf. I've been off the radar a bit recently but just so happened to be on Wiki looking stuff up and referencing and saw "death" and what like "what...". I am genuinely shook, floored even. The snow in the US damn it's caused absolute havoc, can only hope and pray we don't here of anything more, I was still trying to process Jeremy Renner serious injuries and now this, damn.

Ouch 😓

Personally not a fan of Block’s Gymkhana stuff but I enjoyed his action in the Ford Focus RS RX in World Rally Cross championship a couple of years ago. Then more recent I saw him getting a partnership with Audi for an electrified Hoonigan Audi S1 (as well as messing around a bit with the old Group B S1).

R.I.P. Ken
A lot of people use to say he was not fit for rally or that he is not motorsport material yada yada.

Honestly regardless of what people thought of him all those stunts he did took lots of practice and he also put himself in danger many times. Thats talent there

How many of us could never do such things. He entertained millions of people worldwide and left his own legacy.

This is as tragic as Colin Mcrae's death. Rest in peace to both.

Richard Burns passing away from cancer was tragic and two years later we lose Colin Mcrae.

Life is just not fair.

Back